BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

Here's the story -

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_3713461,00.html

Agree with everything else you've said though. I don't blame Ince that he was lucky enough to get the job, but that doesn't make me any more comfortable with the situation.

Oh my god, it hurts reading that story. And now Laudrup is sitting i Russia, making around £4m a year, laughing.

Still makes me sad that our beautiful club said no to him. I'm danish, I've seen this guy all my life. Brilliant. Pure and simple.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh my god, it hurts reading that story. And now Laudrup is sitting i Russia, making around £4m a year, laughing.

Still makes me sad that our beautiful club said no to him. I'm danish, I've seen this guy all my life. Brilliant. Pure and simple.

And really I couldn't care less if he only wanted 18 months and a get out clause, if he brought success he would most probably stayed longer. Add to that success brings more money, better players and we start looking more attractive as a purchase.

Even if he leaves, the club would be in a better position again from Sparky and our opportunities to sign another class manager increase, and so on...

And really I couldn't care less if he only wanted 18 months and a get out clause, if he brought success he would most probably stayed longer. Add to that success brings more money, better players and we start looking more attractive as a purchase.

Even if he leaves, the club would be in a better position again from Sparky and our opportunities to sign another class manager increase, and so on...

He brought success to Getafe (in a country that he loves) and still left after a year.

That would put us in a great position

I think we are in a transitional period, like when Southgate first took over Boro. They had some awful results. But after a few games/weeks/months Ince will be able to build a team and we will see where that takes us.

I am not worried yet. This was never going to be a walk in the park whoever we appointed. It is always very difficult to follow a "successful" manager. Most clubs have a difficult time.

It's our position next May that matters, not now, after four games.

actually it's probably our position just before Christmas that's the first milestone. If we're not better off by then then it might be time to start worrying more. I'm not happy with the way things are at the moment but I'm not with the doom and gloom brigade yet.

I think we are in a transitional period, like when Southgate first took over Boro. They had some awful results. But after a few games/weeks/months Ince will be able to build a team and we will see where that takes us.

I am not worried yet. This was never going to be a walk in the park whoever we appointed. It is always very difficult to follow a "successful" manager. Most clubs have a difficult time.

Indeed, Bolton immediately after BFS, Newcastle since Robson and us after Kenny show how difficult it can be to follow a successful manager who has been around for a while. Hopefully, Ince is following Southgate, and these are the early crap results before the start of a more solid, attractive team, hopefully with some decent youngsters. OK, this is more of a hope after the last two games, but you have to be confident. Otherwise you might as well start naming yourself after a Japanese airline.

Who's being tipped for the Newcastle job at the moment?

Indeed, Bolton immediately after BFS, Newcastle since Robson and us after Kenny show how difficult it can be to follow a successful manager who has been around for a while. Hopefully, Ince is following Southgate, and these are the early crap results before the start of a more solid, attractive team, hopefully with some decent youngsters. OK, this is more of a hope after the last two games, but you have to be confident. Otherwise you might as well start naming yourself after a Japanese airline.

Who's being tipped for the Newcastle job at the moment?

They say they are months away from getting a manager as nobody wants to go to a club that's being hawked on every market around the world in the hopes of finding a buyer.

• 2 weeks later...

"Newcastle's offer to Venables was disrespectful," says Paul Ince.

Only eleven "you knows" from Ince in that short interview in the link above - although four "you knows" did come in the first seven seconds from him.

It's clearly a sign of how desperate Mike Ashley is that he's decided to choose a disgraced man like Joe Kinnear to take over as their interim manager. There was widespread anger among Nottingham Forest fans at the dreadful state that Kinnear had left their club in - with a reported lack of professionalism in training and the players woefully unfit and unprepared for matches. Kinnear's last two jobs have seen him sacked by both Forest and Luton.

Kinnear described the Forest fans as "morons" because during one match, when Forest were losing 3-0 to Derby, Kinnear inexplicably replaced a striker with a reserve left-back and there were understandably chants of "You don't know what you're doing".

Kinnear clearly can't take criticism well. He showed himself to be a bad-tempered arrogant man intent on playing the type of ugly long-ball football that Forest fans (and most of the country) despise.

Mark Arthur, the chief executive of Nottingham Forest, says that Kinnear was largely to blame for the club being relegated from the Championship in 2005. Arthur said that the Forest dressing room was a mess under Kinnear and there was a lack of discipline and professionalism in the squad.

There's a good analysis of Joe Kinnear's character from Alan Green in his book "The Green Line". Alan rightly lambasts Kinnear for his arrogance and his ugly brand of football.

Mike Ashley is obviously both desperate and a fool to employ a man like Kinnear.

It's been revealed that Ashley has just had a new tattoo done....

ashleyprat1.thumbnail.jpg

"they're a good side, y' know, and all the stuff that's gone on outside, y' know, the club and, y' know, ashley trying to sell it, y' know"

I don't think it'll be too long before he stops getting asked his opinion on things.

Back on topic, I can't believe Newcastle have appointed Kinnear. If they weren't happy with Allardyce's style of football then who knows what they'll make of Kinnear's. It sounds like Wise has been choosing the shortlist of interim managers, they're all people he's worked with in the past. Why didn't Ashley just put Wise in charge for a while?

I didn't see this one coming. Thought Kinnear may have died. Sounds horrible, but I thought his iffy heart had packed in. What a strange appointment. O'Leary would have been OK. Hopefully this will f__k over the Geordies even more.

The stories of a Keegan/Shearer appointment once the club is sold deserves to be a failure. That is pandering to the irrational bull that geordies spout constantly, and how long would quitter Keegan stay before he walks out with all the Geordies protesting and singing 'sack the board' once more?

I didn't see this one coming. Thought Kinnear may have died. Sounds horrible, but I thought his iffy heart had packed in. What a strange appointment. O'Leary would have been OK. Hopefully this will f__k over the Geordies even more.

Just when you thought that Dennis Wise had no friends left who are daft enough to take charge and run the gauntlet of Geordie hate.....along comes Joe Kinnear.

"Newcastle's offer to Venables was disrespectful," says Paul Ince.

Only eleven "you knows" from Ince in that short interview in the link above - although four "you knows" did come in the first seven seconds from him.

It's clearly a sign of how desperate Mike Ashley is that he's decided to choose a disgraced man like Joe Kinnear to take over as their interim manager. There was widespread anger among Nottingham Forest fans at the dreadful state that Kinnear had left their club in - with a reported lack of professionalism in training and the players woefully unfit and unprepared for matches. Kinnear's last two jobs have seen him sacked by both Forest and Luton.

Kinnear described the Forest fans as "morons" because during one match, when Forest were losing 3-0 to Derby, Kinnear inexplicably replaced a striker with a reserve left-back and there were understandably chants of "You don't know what you're doing".

Kinnear clearly can't take criticism well. He showed himself to be a bad-tempered arrogant man intent on playing the type of ugly long-ball football that Forest fans (and most of the country) despise.

Mark Arthur, the chief executive of Nottingham Forest, says that Kinnear was largely to blame for the club being relegated from the Championship in 2005. Arthur said that the Forest dressing room was a mess under Kinnear and there was a lack of discipline and professionalism in the squad.

There's a good analysis of Joe Kinnear's character from Alan Green in his book "The Green Line". Alan rightly lambasts Kinnear for his arrogance and his ugly brand of football.

Mike Ashley is obviously both desperate and a fool to employ a man like Kinnear.

It's been revealed that Ashley has just had a new tattoo done....

ashleyprat1.thumbnail.jpg

Somewhat narked that Ince chose to remark upon this. He wasn't prepared to comment on the Newcastle job when he was linked with it.

Maybe a shambles at Newcastle at the moment, but it seems that our previous & current manager (plus Stephen Warnock)would have been happy to move there......

Money talks and once things settle down again if ashley manages to sell you might be surprised at who will be willing to go there. Doesn't mean it'd be the right choice but for some it seems the grass is always greener. Perhaps they should get different tinted lenses in their glasses.

Archived