BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

Nobody in football ever says "I'm not interested" - Cesc Fabregas was on SSN the other day saying it was flattering to be linked with Man City. It's media training.

I don't think Ince is seriously being considered for that job.

People can and do give straight no's, even in football.

Ince has done exactly the same as Hughes did when linked which is not give a straight answer, and as it turns out now Hughes would have been happy to have left and taken the Newcastle job. Ince, by being ambiguous and evasive is making it quite clear he would also be interested IMO.

If Ince goes it would ultimately mean 3 managers in six months which is a recipe for disaster whatever you think of Ince.

He is obviously not everybody's cup of tea but the club put in a lot of time and effort in recruiting him during a tortuous recruitment process. Now the Barcodes come over all schoolyard bully with an "I'll have that" attitude. That sick joke of a club should be told to **** off and Ince should be told to get on with his job.

Whilst I agree with your assessment and analogy, your "3 managers in six months" isn't really true - Hughes was here for not far short of 4 years, so it would be 3 managers in 4 years.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only sense I can make of this is that Ashley thinks Ince is still young and naive enough to settle for no control over transfer policy. Even though, it's a very, very strange link. I'm staggered that Ince didn't just shoot it down instantly - He's been handed a clear chance to win over many doubting fans by simply stating "I'm going nowhere", yet chooses not to do so! Mental.

Michael Laudrup for next Rovers manager! ;)

However I've just read Ince "distancing" himself from the Newcastle job. He needs talking to. JW needs to explain he has detractors and doubters amongst the Blackburn faithful and anything less than an outright, categoric "I'm not interested" is not good enough. I once heard JW talk about the efforts the Rovers media team put into preparing Hughes to face the media (he was specifically talking about the Arsenal semi-final incidents), surely to God that team should be preparing Ince for how he should react to this newcastle stuff - if the club and Ince want the fans onside? We all know this "flattering but I have a job to do" is code for "I'll just sit back and see what hapens." If Ince wants to win round the Blackburn public he has to do better than this.......if he should go, which I just do NOT believe will happen, I can't imagine what my feelings will be about PL football.

John Williams said at the last but one Fans Forum that they were very aware that Paul will need help with dealing with the media as a Premiership manager, much the same as Mark Hughes needed help when he came. He expected this to improve fairly quickly but not overnight. Clearly Paul has a bigger challenge as he has come in after a popular manager who most fans didn't want to see leave. Mark's coming in was a delight for most after the fag end of Souness' reign. I can't imagine any media training he has had lately would have covered what to say if you're linked to another job. It looks to me from the post on the official site (link above) that the club have recognised the lack of clarity in comments so far and have produced a more unequivocal statement.

Cheers for that t4e, appreciated.

Got to say that I find his response pathetic though. Ince wasn't my first choice, but I was more than willing to give him a chance and have defended his appointment on different sites. However 2 months into the job and he can't give a straight "no I'm not going" is just pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Lost a lot of respect for him.

I agree 100%, I bet you feel the same way about Roque as he constantly said the same thing about speculation... :rolleyes:

I agree 100%, I bet you feel the same way about Roque as he constantly said the same thing about speculation... :rolleyes:

Roque's English ain't the best for starters, but it must be said he did actually give a better rebuff than Ince though.

I'm beginning to come more round to thinking Ince's answer being more naivety than anything else though, and I'm certainly hoping he stays.

A simple "flattered but I don't want the job" would have made me happy.

Hmmmmn...... stopped short of saying "I'm not going".

I was just going to say, where is the definitive comment "I'm staying" or "I'm not interested in the Newcastle job"

"However, I feel I owe it to the club, the players and the supporters to say that I am very happy at Ewood Park. I am only a few weeks into the role and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience. My only focus is Rovers and getting on with the job. EDIT " And I am not interested in the vacancy at Newcastle.

It's nothing more than a 1/2 hearted attempt to appease the fans, for now.

Why do they persist in playing around with comments, that still leave room for speculation, if there is nothing to hide.

I'm sorry to say this is not good enough. We do not need all this uncertainty.

bloody ell.. been away for a few days.. (just checking occasionally) and I come back to this madness...

We just got a pretty decent back room team, and Ince has not even had chance to prove himself in the prem.. and now maybe off to newcastle..

With the whole manCity thing.. managers walking all over the place.. and now this..

Jeez you could't write it as fiction even a year ago, no one would of believed it..

I am just wondering what the hell will come next lol

Rovers could really turn this situation to their advantage. If Newcastle are stupid enough to want Ince and to pay good money to get him we ought to let him go in the same way we would a short term signing like Bellamy and cash in. Use the money to bring in a grown-up who is up to the job. At least three-quarters of Rovers fans are unconvinced Ince is the best man for the job (see the earlier discussions and results on this message board). I know there's still a few well-intentioned sentimentalists on here who think some miracle will happen and Ince will become a Premiership manager but giving him the job doesnt make him worthy of it. You can put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig, as Barack Obama hilariously observed recently.

The West Ham shortlist threw out a few names who we might consider more likely appointments. Zola doesnt have Premiership managerial experience but I'd have been happier seeing him arrive at Ewood than Ince, and the West Ham fans seem to agree with me as they're much more upbeat at his appointment than we were with Ince's.

Ince and his team are mediocrity exemplified. His signings so far, the stories of his lack of man-management skills with the existing Rovers squad, his reputation (all that 'I'm the Guvnor' arrogant Cockney crap). Let's offload this clown onto Newcastle and be glad of their money like we did with Souness and get on with bringing someone in to get us back on track.

Rovers could really turn this situation to their advantage. If Newcastle are stupid enough to want Ince and to pay good money to get him we ought to let him go in the same way we would a short term signing like Bellamy and cash in. Use the money to bring in a grown-up who is up to the job. At least three-quarters of Rovers fans are unconvinced Ince is the best man for the job (see the earlier discussions and results on this message board). I know there's still a few well-intentioned sentimentalists on here who think some miracle will happen and Ince will become a Premiership manager but giving him the job doesnt make him worthy of it. You can put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig, as Barack Obama hilariously observed recently.

The West Ham shortlist threw out a few names who we might consider more likely appointments. Zola doesnt have Premiership managerial experience but I'd have been happier seeing him arrive at Ewood than Ince, and the West Ham fans seem to agree with me as they're much more upbeat at his appointment than we were with Ince's.

Ince and his team are mediocrity exemplified. His signings so far, the stories of his lack of man-management skills with the existing Rovers squad, his reputation (all that 'I'm the Guvnor' arrogant Cockney crap). Let's offload this clown onto Newcastle and be glad of their money like we did with Souness and get on with bringing someone in to get us back on track.

Another one of the anti-Ince brigade shouts up. Give the guy a chance for crying out loud! Do you really believe all the rumours you hear (especially if they are anti-Ince?)???

Another one of the anti-Ince brigade shouts up. Give the guy a chance for crying out loud! Do you really believe all the rumours you hear (especially if they are anti-Ince?)???

A chance to what? Relegate us? Put your money where your mouth is. Fifty quid says we wont ever finish in the top eight with Ince as manager. Not just this season, ever. First person to contact me takes the bet. If Ince goes before steering us to a top 8 Premiership finish you pay up. If he succeeds, I'll gladly pay up and admit I was wrong about the clown.

For what it's worth. When Derby where in freefall last season they where looking to bring Ince in, he was the favorite to get the job.

He was saying more or less the same things, he is now when he was at MK Dons.

Ince knew that it wouldn't do him any favour's going to a team all but relagated, and I dare say he feels the job at Newcastle with Ashley in charge would be a huge mistake.

I think he doesn't like to say outright " I am not going anywhere" In case the right team comes looking for him, and it can't be thrown back in his face where he said he was staying.

IMHO.

A chance to what? Relegate us? Put your money where your mouth is. Fifty quid says we wont ever finish in the top eight with Ince as manager. Not just this season, ever. First person to contact me takes the bet. If Ince goes before steering us to a top 8 Premiership finish you pay up. If he succeeds, I'll gladly pay up and admit I was wrong about the clown.

So you've judged him and decided that he isn't going to make it as a Premier League manager after three games?

I'm giving the guy a chance to prove himself before I judge whether he is good enough as a Premier League manager rather than making an uninformed snap decision. Meanwhile, I'm supporting Rovers and that means backing the manager.

Archived