BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The likes of Jan, Gordon and JAL put the boot in, condemn Ince before the league even started, but never say who they'd have in. It is so easy to moan, whinge and whine, but where are the constructive solutions? Where are the alternatives?

Oi! It's Drog to you Billy thank you very much. And yes I have. I would (possibly illogically as i know little of him other than what was available on here) have gone for HTC. The fact of the matter now it seems is that we have so little money nowadays compared to the rest of the Prem that sooner or later we will end up in a relegation scrap from day one. So we have to look primarily for a manager that can exist with minimal resources. Like it or not we are the new Coventry. It ain't pretty and it aint popular but the talents and likes of Sam or Moyes are where we must look to.

Oi! It's Drog to you Billy thank you very much. And yes I have. I would (possibly illogically as i know little of him other than what was available on here) have gone for HTC. The fact of the matter now it seems is that we have so little money nowadays compared to the rest of the Prem that sooner or later we will end up in a relegation scrap from day one. So we have to look primarily for a manager that can exist with minimal resources. Like it or not we are the new Coventry. It ain't pretty and it aint popular but the talents and likes of Sam or Moyes are where we must look to.

Good post :o

Who is to say the current manager isn't the new Moyes? We wont know if he isn't given a chance.

As for the new Allardyce, no thanks.

Rovers should set up a consulting arm of the business as everyone seems to think they are so good at fing managers for them.

FIND-A-MANAGER £1m a throw.

I would now report Newcastle to the Premiership and have a statement prepared for Ince to read out to the press tomorrow along the lines of.

'I wouldn't go to that shower of idiots if hell froze over.'

Sorted

But it won't happen will it

Far from impressed with Ince’s comments on the matter. He has only just joined FFS, and you would have thought there would have been a solid “no I am not interested”.

Extremely worrying times for the club, if Ince does go the candidates out there aren’t exactly outstanding. Plus I do have fears on what impact this may have on the players, two managers in quick succession and likely more changes in terms of training. It sends out a wrong message to the players that we aren’t in control of the club and there are doubts on how professionally it’s being run.

I care more about stability more than anything this season especially after losing two key players and the future of some of our remaining ones has been under threat. Losing another manager so soon will not help on this front.

SSN David Craig, has just said Ince is noe No. 1 on shortlist of three.

SSN have Interview with Ince later, however Ince has also stated he will not comment on speculation.

Blimey, he really could go there couldn't he?

Have took it with a cellar of salt up to now but I can't believe there's no truth in it now.

Well at least it could be another 3 million in compo that we won't spend - happy days!!

Why would JW not keep him?

Southgate had a very poor first season, they stuck with him, gave him a chance and now he looks to be developing a good team.

Rome wasn't built in a day and letting a manager leave after a few months is against the whole ethos of Blackburn Rovers as a football club and would be very damaging indeed. That's why it won't happen.

This is a shambles.

Im not his biggest fans, but if he leaves this soon, it would make a mockery out of our club.

And for those who say look at the available options if he leaves, my friends, all these managers were available 3-4 months ago but we chose Ince, so that doesnt really give us much hope.

Instead of coming out and saying that I have just joined Blackburn and we are looking to do this and that, he says something like that which is a joke.

Why would JW not keep him?

Southgate had a very poor first season, they stuck with him, gave him a chance and now he looks to be developing a good team.

Rome wasn't built in a day and letting a manager leave after a few months is against the whole ethos of Blackburn Rovers as a football club and would be very damaging indeed. That's why it won't happen.

If he wanted to go, why WOULD Williams want to keep him?

David Craig on SSN again, Deschamps has said he's not heard anything from Newcastle. He reckons there's a meeting on Monday, and Paul Ince is the name everyone is talking about.

This is nutty if it is the case. From a lot of angles it is suicide for Ince if he goes - Newcastle are a mess, he is finding his feet at this level, the fans are looking to string someone up and it could well end up being Paul. It would be a daft decision for him. They do not even really seem to have much money to spend on players.

For us it would be even worse as we have just put together a backroom team - if we go and find a whole new set plus a new manager and everything else the impact could be very negative. Players like Cruz, Warnock and Nelsen who have committed to the club could become very disillusioned with it. It would make a mockery of our pretensions of being a stable club.

My gut feeling is that if offered Ince will reject it. He must realise that he needs time to adjust and Newcastle is not the arena to make that adjustment. Look at the managers careers who have been destroyed there?

I know a lot of users are saying we should just forget this rumour and this it will never happen, but history has shown that unusual and unexpected stuff can happen in the world of football.

Who honestly thought Robinho was going to end up at Man City?

I think it’s more likely than not that Ince will stay as our manager, but it would be foolish to completely rule out the possibility that he might leave.

ince to newcastle, fat sam to us ???

If that scenario came to pass it would be a big win for Blackburn Rovers. I can't see Ince being daft enough to take the Barcodes job though. Oh, hang on...

At last, we have your answer. Maybe Ince will be better than BFS because he's had a scrap whilst managing a crap team in Macclesfield who were poor and dead and buried. Who knows? The unknown is always nerve wracking, but it may also be an opportunity. I just can't anyone who is knocking about now that can be a forward thinking move. BFS and Curbishley are free, but that would be an admission of wanting to be crap, and scrape by and avoid relegation around March.

If that scenario came to pass it would be a big win for Blackburn Rovers. I can't see Ince being daft enough to take the Barcodes job though. Oh, hang on...

I'm not even going to contemplate the possibility of Mr Allardyce coming to our club. The mere hint of a thought of it is enough to ruin my weekend. Imagine having to go cap in hand to him after deciding he wasn't the man for us in summer.

I'm not even going to contemplate the possibility of Mr Allardyce coming to our club. The mere hint of a thought of it is enough to ruin my weekend. Imagine having to go cap in hand to him after deciding he wasn't the man for us in summer.

If Ince does go I suspect that you will be going cap in hand to someone who wasn't the man for you in the summer - unless you go for Curbs or King Kev, of course. ;)

Archived