BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats he said Tugs?

Something like i am flattered about the interest and its just speculation?

he said

However, Ince insists he remains focused on his commitments at Rovers and has no intention of discussing a potential switch to the North East.

He said: "It is flattering to be linked to any club but it is speculation and I do not comment on speculation."

:rover:

This sport is a joke. It is quite simply a farce!

Ince has been in a job, well above his station, for 2-3 months and he's now ready to move on!?

Keegan, having just been sacked at Newcastle, is now a STRONG second favourite with odds shortening every day.

Pathetic.

2nd favourite to get the Newcastle job?

A transcript -

PI - It's flattering you know, it's great because Newcastle is a fantastic club, it's a massive club, you know, you know, you get linked with a lot of things, it's speculation and you know, at the end of the day you know I don't comment on speculation, all I'll comment on is, you know, tomorrows game against Arsenal"

Interviewer - So as far as you're concerned you've got a job to do here and you're prepared to see it through?

PI - Thats what I'm here for, you know, the chairman's you know given me a great chance here at Blackburn, you know, I'm looking forward, you know, to having a good good good season, with the lads you know, and that starts tomorrow.

They went on to talk about Fowler, which Ince managed to do with far less "you knows" and a lot less stuttering and staring down at the floor.

He said: "It is flattering to be linked to any club but it is speculation and I do not comment on speculation."

What a pathetic response. I could understand him not commenting and killing off the rumour if he had been in his position for a couple of seasons because he could well want a change of scenery. But the guy has been in the job for 5 minutes, and I’d like to add we have taken a huge gamble on bringing him here, in particular John Williams having to vouch for Ince due to the lack of coaching badges.

I'm not impressed... :rolleyes:

I don't think there are many on here who would realistically say we are a 'top international club', so not sure where you're getting that from....

If a coach from abroad turned down the chance to manage Blackburn because we're not based near London then more fool them. The chance to manage a small, well managed, financially stable premiership club with little pressure from wealthy crackpot owners, meddling directors of football or conflicting boards should be enough. The fact that a manager would be allowed to manage the squad and not worry about surprise signings or sales behind his back should be a plus point.

We will be a stepping stone club for players and managers, so get used to it. If they come here and perform well and attract interest from other clubs, we will have benefitted from good results and performances in the meantime and, then, no doubt financially as with the Hughes and Bentley situations this summer.

I am used to it and expect it, the people mentioned as wanted managers on here are simply out of our league, they want to manage top clubs with a big cash flow, not battle for survival with not much to spend, it just would not look good on their CV would it.

A transcript -

PI - It's flattering you know, it's great because Newcastle is a fantastic club, it's a massive club, you know, you know, you get linked with a lot of things, it's speculation and you know, at the end of the day you know I don't comment on speculation, all I'll comment on is, you know, tomorrows game against Arsenal"

Interviewer - So as far as you're concerned you've got a job to do here and you're prepared to see it through?

PI - Thats what I'm here for, you know, the chairman's you know given me a great chance here at Blackburn, you know, I'm looking forward, you know, to having a good good good season, with the lads you know, and that starts tomorrow.

They went on to talk about Fowler, which Ince managed to do with far less "you knows" and a lot less stuttering and staring down at the floor.

There not all daft that slaver!

he said he is looking forward to a good good good season, doesn't sound like, yeah I want the Newcastle job, you know!

let him get on with job ffs

The humerous thing is that when the Newcastle and Hammers jobs became available I almost posted on here something along the lines of "well at least we finally don't have to be worrying about other clubs coming in for our manager for a change"..how wrong I and many others could be.

First point: Ince/Hughes it all seems the same. "Flattered" translates to 'I'd be off like a shot given half the chance'.

Second Point: IF Ince did go, and it's a big IF, then will the advert for our next managers job be advertised as something along the lines of 'Be fastracked as the next Newcastle boss today'.

This sport is a joke. It is quite simply a farce!

Ince has been in a job, well above his station, for 2-3 months and he's now ready to move on!?

Keegan, having just been sacked at Newcastle, is now a STRONG second favourite with odds shortening every day.

Pathetic.

if ince is looking out(dont think he is), something major must have happened in the background we dont know about.

to me it just speculation and ince should not have to comment on other jobs when hes just been employeed, and it is flattering to be the man of the moment

you think newcastle would have taken a chance on him when he was still at MK dons? NO.

its flattering to us that newcastle try to steal all our good ideas.

A transcript -

Cheers for that t4e, appreciated.

Got to say that I find his response pathetic though. Ince wasn't my first choice, but I was more than willing to give him a chance and have defended his appointment on different sites. However 2 months into the job and he can't give a straight "no I'm not going" is just pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Lost a lot of respect for him.

if ince is looking out(dont think he is), something major must have happened in the background we dont know about.

to me it just speculation and ince should not have to comment on other jobs when hes just been employeed, and it is flattering to be the man of the moment

He can still enjoy the flattery and give a straight "no I'm not interested" and that would stop the speculation. He hasn't and that speaks volumes.

Interesting thing in all this is that the players must know what's going on, and they will also know the apparent importance of the Arsenal game in Ince getting the Newcastle job. If the players perform well they know it may affect whether Ince goes or stays, so will they perform?

He can still enjoy the flattery and give a straight "no I'm not interested" and that would stop the speculation. He hasn't and that speaks volumes.

Nobody in football ever says "I'm not interested" - Cesc Fabregas was on SSN the other day saying it was flattering to be linked with Man City. It's media training.

I don't think Ince is seriously being considered for that job.

I am used to it and expect it, the people mentioned as wanted managers on here are simply out of our league, they want to manage top clubs with a big cash flow, not battle for survival with not much to spend, it just would not look good on their CV would it.

To compete successfully in the premiership depsite all the money sloshing from other clubs highlighted Hughes as having the potential to be a very successful premiership manager. It worked for him (and, most importantly us)and he was off to City, albeit with hopes of landing the Chelsea job on the way. All becasue he had proved he was capable and was ready for the next step up, depsite having a limited C.V. beforehand. He wanted to move on to the next level we were struggling to provide despite, frustratingly, seemingly having our largest transfer budget available for some time. Hughes doesn't have a title or cup success on his C.V from his time at Ewood, but was / is widely regarded as a big success in his time here.

We are a club which can offer new managers the chance to get premiership experience and prove they are worthy of a similar step up (although you could argue City were not such a big step up before Abu Dhabi stepped in). On and off the pitch this should only mean good things for Rovers in the meantime. If the likes of Bilic and Laudrup (before his Spartak move) are waiting for a 'top club' to come calling with little in the way of proven success on their C.V's, they'll be waiting a longer time than you'd expect.

The likes of O'Neill, Rafa and Ramos were hugely successful elsewhere before coming to the premiership, the likes of Bilic and Laudrup still have alot to prove to the 'top clubs' if they want those jobs. Rovers would be more likely to give them their oppurtunity to prove it. Coming to Rovers and keeping us punching above our weight whilst operating within our limited budgets would be a sign they had the potential to succeed higher up the table.

I posted the other day I felt people were seriously over-reacting to these rumours about Ince and Newcastle. TBH I still find it impossible to believe Newcastle would be interested in Ince who is completely unproven at this level. I sit on the fence as regards Paul Ince, putting my faith in JW to have made the right decision. I do think all this rumour deserves a comment. SSN is a source I rarely see or take any notice of, I'd put them in the same category as most red tops - second rate journalists and ex football pros eeking out a living on the back of the fans. None of them come over as anything more than attempting to dig out every bit of gossip possible in order to sell more media to a willing public. I'm no more likely to believe SSN than fly to the moon.

However I've just read Ince "distancing" himself from the Newcastle job. He needs talking to. JW needs to explain he has detractors and doubters amongst the Blackburn faithful and anything less than an outright, categoric "I'm not interested" is not good enough. I once heard JW talk about the efforts the Rovers media team put into preparing Hughes to face the media (he was specifically talking about the Arsenal semi-final incidents), surely to God that team should be preparing Ince for how he should react to this newcastle stuff - if the club and Ince want the fans onside? We all know this "flattering but I have a job to do" is code for "I'll just sit back and see what hapens." If Ince wants to win round the Blackburn public he has to do better than this.......if he should go, which I just do NOT believe will happen, I can't imagine what my feelings will be about PL football.

If Ince goes it would ultimately mean 3 managers in six months which is a recipe for disaster whatever you think of Ince.

He is obviously not everybody's cup of tea but the club put in a lot of time and effort in recruiting him during a tortuous recruitment process. Now the Barcodes come over all schoolyard bully with an "I'll have that" attitude. That sick joke of a club should be told to **** off and Ince should be told to get on with his job.

Archived