BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

So you've judged him and decided that he isn't going to make it as a Premier League manager after three games?

I'm giving the guy a chance to prove himself before I judge whether he is good enough as a Premier League manager rather than making an uninformed snap decision. Meanwhile, I'm supporting Rovers and that means backing the manager.

I really wish I could share your optimism. As a Rovers fan I want nothing more than to see us continue the good work started under Hughes. But if you're saying you'll back the manager whoever it is then we may as well appoint Coco the Clown with Roar as his assistant.

Did anyone look on the Newcastle fans messageboard and see how angry they were at the possibility of Ince as their manager? I wish all our fans shared that passion instead of saying 'Appoint who you like, we'll support them regardless.'

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really wish I could share your optimism. As a Rovers fan I want nothing more than to see us continue the good work started under Hughes. But if you're saying you'll back the manager whoever it is then we may as well appoint Coco the Clown with Roar as his assistant.

Did anyone look on the Newcastle fans messageboard and see how angry they were at the possibility of Ince as their manager? I wish all our fans shared that passion instead of saying 'Appoint who you like, we'll support them regardless.'

Remind me again how many managers they have had in the past 10-15 years?

Newcastle fans = Disgrace

Got rid of Big Sam, Bought in KK. Dream ticket? pfft. More like a ticket to hell!

Remind me again how many managers they have had in the past 10-15 years?

Newcastle fans = Disgrace

Got rid of Big Sam, Bought in KK. Dream ticket? pfft. More like a ticket to hell!

I'm not sure how the directors' mismanagement of Newcastle in recent years is the fans' fault? I'd be livid if we'd been through the number of managers they have. Especially if the board had just managed to lose a manager who at least had an obvious passion for the club, and was talking of replacing him with Ince!

We never had these sorts of discussions when Hughes was appointed. Anyone who knows their football and has followed Rovers for longer than three-quarters of an hour knew that Hughes was an intelligent appointment. The same people are justifiably wary about Ince and that justification is not exactly removed when Ince buys in old crock grandads like Fowler, his old mate Keith 'League 2' Andrews, and a couple of other stop-gaps. Please God let him go to Newcastle!

And nobody has taken me up on my earlier bet so it looks like the pro-Ince lobby are just a load of hot air. Much like the man himself!

I'm not sure how the directors' mismanagement of Newcastle in recent years is the fans' fault? I'd be livid if we'd been through the number of managers they have. Especially if the board had just managed to lose a manager who at least had an obvious passion for the club, and was talking of replacing him with Ince!

We never had these sorts of discussions when Hughes was appointed. Anyone who knows their football and has followed Rovers for longer than three-quarters of an hour knew that Hughes was an intelligent appointment. The same people are justifiably wary about Ince and that justification is not exactly removed when Ince buys in old crock grandads like Fowler, his old mate Keith 'League 2' Andrews, and a couple of other stop-gaps. Please God let him go to Newcastle!

And nobody has taken me up on my earlier bet so it looks like the pro-Ince lobby are just a load of hot air. Much like the man himself!

They wanted Robson out because he had a poor start to the season!

They got rid of Big Sam. Remember the Liverpool game?

Souness, he was rubbish, fans got on his back, he was out.

So if you say the Newcastle fans have nothing to do with the sacking of their previous managers then im afraid it looks like your the one that has followed football for three-quarters of an hour. The fans are very demanding, they want instant success, that is why the Newcastle managing vacancy is the worst job in Britain. People say it's worst than the England job.

However, if you think Rovers haven't played well in the past few games then i'm afraid you must be watching something else. Against Everton we were superb. Hull we were okay, not the best of performances, Grimsby we hammered, and West Ham game we deserved to get something out of the game. Like Incey said today, the team haven't performed badly, if they were performing like donkeys and we lost to West Ham, there would've been World War III on this MB. Give the guy a break.

Right, so no-one had reservations about Hughes? I have reservations about Ince but I willing to give him a chance to prove himself. Keith Andrews is a stop-gap? How about Villanueva, Robinson or Simpson? Maybe you'll say that about all Inces signings whoever and whenever they are. I don't think a pay-as-you-play deal for 3 months for Fowler is bad business either but obviously you look at all of the happenings at Rovers in a negative manner just because Ince is there.

Not taking you up on your bet has nothing to do with being a 'load of hot air' and I'm not 'pro-Ince' btw. I'm just anti utterly negative posts. As for your bet, I don't have £50 I want to gamble with. Make it £5...

A chance to what? Relegate us? Put your money where your mouth is. Fifty quid says we wont ever finish in the top eight with Ince as manager. Not just this season, ever. First person to contact me takes the bet. If Ince goes before steering us to a top 8 Premiership finish you pay up. If he succeeds, I'll gladly pay up and admit I was wrong about the clown.

Tell you what motormouth, talking of hot air - you put your money where your mouth is!

You think he's going to get us relegated, then stand by your words, rather than chickening out to a position which is 10 places higher up the league, about as far away from relegation as Rovers are going to get under any manager!!

:rolleyes:

SSN reporting that Keegan might be going back there.

However, if you think Rovers haven't played well in the past few games then i'm afraid you must be watching something else. Against Everton we were superb. Hull we were okay, not the best of performances, Grimsby we hammered, and West Ham game we deserved to get something out of the game. Like Incey said today, the team haven't performed badly, if they were performing like donkeys and we lost to West Ham, there would've been World War III on this MB. Give the guy a break.

I appreciate your attempts to put a coherent pro-Ince argument together, Faz. I've seen similar litanies being offered as excuses why seemingly good teams got relegated or lost matches in the past. Successful clubs dont need excuses because success speaks for itself. Ince inherited a first-rate Hughes team which ought to have done well against the teams we've played so far. If drawing at home to Hull and conceding four against a West Ham about to lose their manager represents a good start to the season then you clearly have no ambition whatsoever and would probably be better served supporting the Claret Clowns down the road. My concerns are with the depleted quality of the squad over the season. We should have been building on the success of the last couple of seasons but we're so obviously going backwards appointing Ince and seeing what he's done in the transfer market as well as dividing the fans. I'd love us to have a manager we all had faith in but we dont.

Okay, I don't really want to get tagged as "anti-Ince" as I'm still not sure WHAT we're going to get from him... but I don't care if he stays or goes.

I'm not vested in him, I doubt that in what, 2 months, the players have really gotten to the point where they'd be miffed to see him gone. I'm not convinced we'd be losing a top, top man. If we get good compo (which we should based on his contract), and we go back to the list and get another decent manager in to close the season.. I'd not care, I'd not hate Ince, it'd just be.

Then again, if he doesn't, I'll be curious to see what happend at his time at Ewood.

Tell you what motormouth, talking of hot air - you put your money where your mouth is!

You think he's going to get us relegated, then stand by your words, rather than chickening out to a position which is 10 places higher up the league, about as far away from relegation as Rovers are going to get under any manager!!

:rolleyes:

SSN reporting that Keegan might be going back there.

No thats not how bets work. You dont change the wording to fit what you want. I'm talking long-term. My definition of a successful Rovers manager is someone who does like Hughes did and steers us to a top 8 finish. That's how Rovers have defined success in recent times. If we regress from that then Ince's appointment is a backward move. Hence my bet. Which instead of accepting you've spat your dummy at and come out with stuff like 'motormouth'! Successful clubs who lose a good manager use their success to replace them with someone equally good. They dont make crappy excuses and regress into mediocrity, signing up 27-yr old League 2 players and Cardiff rejects.

The info is from a 'SSN Source', which could potentially be any mug with a mobile phone really.

Stroke Boy? And he's got 3 mobiles too, as he likes to show off :P

Besides who would want to go to Newcastle anyway. The Indian fella who wanted to buy them pulled out because they were such a mess to deal with (or something along those lines), to me that says it all.

Ince ain't going no where, and I'm happy about that. If he's given a chance to settle in (four games in so far, and we've only lost the one where we haven't won since 1994), stability is the key to our previous successes. Were not the bleedin' Barcodes y'know, where we chop and change managers.

And besides SSN 'understands' that Keegan is meeting with Ashley in London. I wish he'd make up his chuffin' mind!

No thats not how bets work. You dont change the wording to fit what you want. I'm talking long-term. My definition of a successful Rovers manager is someone who does like Hughes did and steers us to a top 8 finish. That's how Rovers have defined success in recent times. If we regress from that then Ince's appointment is a backward move.

Ince could stay for a few seasons , fail to break the top 8 - but win a trophy . Would that be failure ?

A top 8 position is only OK if European football comes with it .....and I think the Intertoto is on its way out soon .

I appreciate your attempts to put a coherent pro-Ince argument together, Faz. I've seen similar litanies being offered as excuses why seemingly good teams got relegated or lost matches in the past. Successful clubs dont need excuses because success speaks for itself. Ince inherited a first-rate Hughes team which ought to have done well against the teams we've played so far. If drawing at home to Hull and conceding four against a West Ham about to lose their manager represents a good start to the season then you clearly have no ambition whatsoever and would probably be better served supporting the Claret Clowns down the road. My concerns are with the depleted quality of the squad over the season. We should have been building on the success of the last couple of seasons but we're so obviously going backwards appointing Ince and seeing what he's done in the transfer market as well as dividing the fans. I'd love us to have a manager we all had faith in but we dont.

So, under Hughes, what would have been the results from the first three Premier League games we've played?

How is this squad depleted? Bentley has gone and so has Brad. We haven't got a direct replacement for Bentley but we tried to sign more than one. We have a direct replacement for Brad though. Other than that, Ince actually brought in players for positions we have been weak in for a long time. If you go on and tell me Hughes always replaced players I'll just point you in the direction of Lucas Neill in that right back position, one that Ince has actually attempted to fill.

Your diatribe against Ince (along with a number of others but certainly no where near your three quarters of Rovers fans) is wearing thin and showing how small minded and unwilling to give someone a chance you really are.

As I mentioned in another thread, the jury is obviously still out on Ince.

However, it must be noted, that I can completely understand why people have their doubts. Speak to most neutral fans, or non BRFC fans and they don't rate Ince either (or some of his signings).

Cheers for that t4e, appreciated.

Got to say that I find his response pathetic though. Ince wasn't my first choice, but I was more than willing to give him a chance and have defended his appointment on different sites. However 2 months into the job and he can't give a straight "no I'm not going" is just pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Lost a lot of respect for him.

If you really want to know what Ince said go to the link at Post No.605 above.There you will also find the words that show that Ince is committed to his present job with Rovers, and that T4E conveniently "forgot" to mention in his edited version of the "transcript".

If you really want to know what Ince said go to the link at Post No.605 above.There you will also find the words that show that Ince is committed to his present job with Rovers, and that T4E conveniently "forgot" to mention in his edited version of the "transcript".

Fife, there was absolutely NOTHING edited about the transcript I posted. I take it you have seen the words coming out of Ince's mouth on SSN like I did? I spent quite some time pausing, rewinding and playing the interview on Sky Plus to make sure that I captured EVERY SINGLE WORD that came out of his mouth on the matter. Not a single thing was edited, quite the opposite.

I would love to know what you have based to above accusation on.

Archived