BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not true by the way, he does have coaching badges.

Does Zola have the UEFA A license required to manage in the premier league?

My friend has a provisional license, does that mean he is ok to start driving by himself?

Zola has limited experience having only helped with Italy's U21 as assistant, he has never managed a club, bought or sold players or worked within the restrictions of a club system... but he is an Italian with a fancy name, I am sure that automatically means that Rovers fans want him here rather than Ince :rolleyes:

Where does Fatboy's intent to sell NUFC leave the vacant manager's position - particularly as he says there will be no fire sale and he'll wait to get the right price. Does that extinguish all hope that Toon will take the hapless hopeless Ince off our hands? But would Ince jump ship to join a club where the new owners would surely show him the door on Day1?

Fat Cashley makes me laugh.

He selflessly declares in a pretentious elegy to his forgettable reign at St James Park that he intends to sell-up/out at NUFC.

Funny that: he conveniently neglected to mention that he's been trying to flog the Great Geordie White Elephant behind the fans' back the whole summer...........

Henk Ten Cate and Michael Laudrup both wanted to come to Rovers yet we ended up with Paul Ince. The other two have since ended up managing big European clubs - is there something that our board know that we don't?

Yeah fergie, jose and rafa also wanted to come to rovers.

Ld - you're talking garbage. Why say it with such authority that both of them wanted to come to rovers? You're going off what you read in a dodgy tabloid and then repeating as if it were FACT.

You'd be a moron to buy Newcastle. Sure, shirt sales will be high, but you have to lob money to the manager, build a temple honouring Shearer and Keegan, and listen to deluded geordie muppets telling you you're crap because you didn't re-hire the choker after you take control. Newcastle are a bunch of also-rans just like us, Wigan and Spuds. Keegan is worshipped over there because they're too stupid to realise he won them eff all, blew the Premiership 12 years ago and runs away when it gets tough.

God knows who will be manager now after Ashley put the club up for sale, probably some billionaire foreign person or group.

OK then Andy, Laudrup publicly declared an interest, HTC apparently was on a short list, was widely reported by Andy 'as I understand it' Nield but I cannot confirm if he had an interview or not...can you confirm that he didn't.

Without having a hotline to John Williams or others privy to this information I have to go off what was widely reported and what I've just said was widely reported, I'd be extremely surprised if it turned out to be untrue.

But as you think it's garbage I'd better agree with you. Who's your impeccable source to disprove this by the way?

OK then Andy, Laudrup publicly declared an interest, HTC apparently was on a short list, was widely reported by Andy 'as I understand it' Nield but I cannot confirm if he had an interview or not...can you confirm that he didn't.

Without having a hotline to John Williams or others privy to this information I have to go off what was widely reported and what I've just said was widely reported, I'd be extremely surprised if it turned out to be untrue.

But as you think it's garbage I'd better agree with you. Who's your impeccable source to disprove this by the way?

It's a long way from having a look-see to being keen to come to a deal being done. Even if they did meet Mr Affable, a couple of questions along the lines of, 'So how long have you been up for sale?', 'Why did the last manager leave?', 'And what is your average net spending on transfers for the last three years? would have seen off the kind of names you are mentioning. From everything we heard at the time, I formed the impression that the only managers keen to come were Ince, Fat Sam and McClaren.

It's a long way from having a look-see to being keen to come to a deal being done. Even if they did meet Mr Affable, a couple of questions along the lines of, 'So how long have you been up for sale?', 'Why did the last manager leave?', 'And what is your average net spending on transfers for the last three years? would have seen off the kind of names you are mentioning. From everything we heard at the time, I formed the impression that the only managers keen to come were Ince, Fat Sam and McClaren.

You formed that impression based on what you believed EIT, I formed my impression on what I believed. Maybe you were right, maybe I was, maybe the truth lies somewhere in between.

All I know is at the time of appointing Ince there were only 2 names mooted as possibles, these being Ince and Laudrup, at that stage 'as I understand it' both had had interviews. Big Sam had ruled himself out earlier (somewhat angrily if reports are to be believed) as had McClaren.

'And what is your average net spending on transfers for the last three years?

Any manager worth his salt would know that before the interview.

HTC and Laudrup wanted the job, but we went with the el Cheapo option.

It's like trying to compete with the top restaurants and buying all your food from Aldi's and getting your chef from teh Technical College.

Laudrup wanted an 18 month contract. Ince came in with a 4 year plan.

That is what JW was looking for.

You want instant gratification, its not possible. We have to build for the future. I think the youth team will play a big part in the next few years. We need that to be the case, Hughes never concentrated on that aspect of the team.

You formed that impression based on what you believed EIT, I formed my impression on what I believed. Maybe you were right, maybe I was, maybe the truth lies somewhere in between.

All I know is at the time of appointing Ince there were only 2 names mooted as possibles, these being Ince and Laudrup, at that stage 'as I understand it' both had had interviews. Big Sam had ruled himself out earlier (somewhat angrily if reports are to be believed) as had McClaren.

Very true - it's all suppostion, apart from Bryan of course who apparently has all the facts.

I thought Sam and Brollyman ruled themselves out to save face when it became apparent that Williams was favouring Ince, I don't think they would have done so if they thought Laudrup was a front-runner.

Although I thought Ince was an interesting appointment, I must admit my nagging doubt came before a ball was kicked when Williams was quoted as saying something like, "Going for someone new and fresh worked for us last time" My first thought being that this is nothing like last time. Plus, going for someone vastly experienced worked just as well if not better for us the time before, which he seemed to have forgotten.

Personally, I thought Williams seemed to be enjoying the spotlight and the last minute flights to the Euros too much for my liking, and given that he did not act when Souness was driving us over a cliff, I have no faith whatsoever that, if Ince is a big mistake, that JW will have either the balls or the humility to rectify.

Fagan out for 3 months thanks to the challenge from Guthrie at the weekend. Maybe Guthrie should miss the next 3 months too - his challenge was terrible and there was malice in it!

That was quite simply one of the worst challenges I have ever seen and he deserves to have the book thrown at him. Who did he think he was walking off and clapping the fans. He deserves at least a 7-8 game ban for that challenge. He clearly went into it to do damage and has got what he wanted.

I read that fat ash was looking at putting £20m a year into NUFC, would anyone else out there take that if he was to buy our beloved BRFC ?

I mean he could get our club for a round £45m and take on very very little debt.

£20m PLUS our usual average of around £36m pa Premiership money would just about be a godsend for us.

Come to a real club Ashley but learn from your lessons, leave a real boss in charge.

Did Laudrup and HTC not apply?

EDIT: And didn't Laudrup say JW was the most impressive football Chairman he'd ever met?

Did Laudrup and HTC not apply?

EDIT: And didn't Laudrup say JW was the most impressive football Chairman he'd ever met?

I don't know, I didn't see the list of applications, did you?

I've applied for plenty of jobs; not been offered some and turned some of them down in my time. Showing an interest does not mean gagging to come no matter what

I forgot to add: those who think that in November we'll be interviewing, Laudrup, Donadoni, HTC, Scolari, Sir Alf etc might want to ponder who got interviewed and employedat that time of year last year by the unfashionable, small, non big city clubs who sacked their manager - Jewell, Bruce and Megson. That's the kind of talent pool we'll be fishing in. They may keep us up (assuming Ince may be taking us down), but hardly appointments to set the pulse racing.

As Zulu said a while ago, who we want and who we get are farther apart than we would like to think

Laudrup allegedly wanted a short term contract and was already asking about being able to get out. HTC was allegedly interviewing with us at the same time he was being announced as manager by the Greek club I can't spell the name of (and that, shocker, he is managing now).

I don't know, I didn't see the list of applications, did you?

I've applied for plenty of jobs; not been offered some and turned some of them down in my time. Showing an interest does not mean gagging to come no matter what

Gagging? There's plenty of middle ground between gagging to come and taking the job.

And - no I didn't. I guess we go back to the same story - you don't know they didn't, I don't know they did. I do know that information came out at the time suggesting they both had.

You didn't address my point raised in the edit?

You didn't address my point raised in the edit?

Not much to say really; maybe he did say that. Either way, he didn't get the job. And I would agree that, all other things such as demands, plan, desire and so on being equal, it makes no sense that Ince would get the job ahead of him. So either all things were not equal or the Chairman is a fool, which I am quite prepared to believe by the way. No use blaming Ince for anything, all he did was turn up for the interview and accept the job.

Archived