BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

If Ince was not interested in the job the speculation would not persist. A phone call to Wise would be the end of it. No club wants to be persistently linked with a target they can't deliver - unless its a top player of course. Wise wants Ince because he's a mate who'll let him run things the way he wants including finding players (about which Ince clearly hasn't a clue unless they play for MK Dons). Provided Rovers could persuade Curbishley to move north of the Thames the loss of Ince with £5m compensation would be no loss at all and in a month's time all forgotten. Of course Ince would be a fool to take the job. Newcastle is a managerial graveyard and a rookie is not going to buck the trend. And with the Toon fans against him from the start - even more so than with Souness - he would be eaten alive. Ince should be very careful about what he wishes for. But do I care...

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Ince was not interested in the job the speculation would not persist. A phone call to Wise would be the end of it. No club wants to be persistently linked with a target they can't deliver - unless its a top player of course. Wise wants Ince because he's a mate who'll let him run things the way he wants including finding players (about which Ince clearly hasn't a clue unless they play for MK Dons). Provided Rovers could persuade Curbishley to move north of the Thames the loss of Ince with £5m compensation would be no loss at all and in a month's time all forgotten. Of course Ince would be a fool to take the job. Newcastle is a managerial graveyard and a rookie is not going to buck the trend. And with the Toon fans against him from the start - even more so than with Souness - he would be eaten alive. Ince should be very careful about what he wishes for. But do I care...

But do I care...

why post a reply then?

I think words like 'I think' , 'In my opinion' should be use in most of your sentences there. You are talking like they were facts. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...n-chairman.html

Just shows you never to believe everything you read. :rolleyes:

Compare this to JW's statement in the LT after Hughes left

"Although Williams is disappointed to lose Hughes, after almost four years, he revealed he started preparing, at least in his own mind, for life after the Welshman once he got linked with the Newcastle job earlier this year. "We had a first taste of this in January, when the Newcastle job cropped up," said Williams. "That sets your mind running and I would be lying if I said the thought process didn't start after that."

No matter how much spin Ince is putting on the 'my job is at Blackburn' line he has not come out and publically ruled himself out of the Newcastle job as Shearer and others have! So I wonder what direction John Williams mind is running in today. Unless Ince says 'I do not wish to be considered for the Newcastle job' or better still uses the same sarcastic sniggering tones that he used about BRFC interest when he was at Inter then Williams must be preparing a replacement before the suggested 6 months is up.

Anyone watching football focus? Some fella from the Newcastle Chronicle is being interviewed, and they believe there is a straight choice between Paul Ince and Gus Poyet!

Yes, the infamous Alan Oliver saying that Ince is still firmly in the frame.

Anyone watching football focus? Some fella from the Newcastle Chronicle is being interviewed, and they believe there is a straight choice between Paul Ince and Gus Poyet!

yeah just seen it! I personally think if Newcastle made an approach, Ince would be off.

3 management jobs in a short space of time, he likes to jump ship!

As a Newcastle fan, trust me this isn't happening. The initial story is from a journalist who is probably the least respected in the North East for coverage of Newcastle news. He even cited Wikipedia as his source for crying out loud.

The guy your referring to from the Evening Chronicle is clueless. Trust me. He knows no more than your average newcastle fan.

As a Newcastle fan, trust me this isn't happening. The initial story is from a journalist who is probably the least respected in the North East for coverage of Newcastle news. He even cited Wikipedia as his source for crying out loud.

The guy your referring to from the Evening Chronicle is clueless. Trust me. He knows no more than your average newcastle fan.

talk about leaving yourself wide open

:lol:

If Ince really believes he will be able to progress at NUFC his head is in cuckoo land.

There own fans calling the club a circus. Instant pressure for success by the board. 50,000 fans who don't want him from day 1.

He is in need of a serious reality check if this is even in the furthest corner of his mind.

He has one chance of becoming a PL manager, and that is with Rovers, for now.

We will see.

If Ince does not want the Newcastle job all he has to do is SAY IT. For as long as he does not the "speculation" he so derides will continue.I am sure this story still has legs.

Nicko, couldn't have put it better. :lol:

I don't actually think there's anything much to all this "Ince to Newcastle" nonsense but hypothetically if we managed to lose

1) A manager to a Club whose owner looked certain to be jailed AND

2) His replacement within half a dozen games

all inside a period of about three months, it would be a sure sign that things are by no means as they should be behind the scenes at Ewood.

And who of any calibre would fancy joining us then?

Newcastle United a footballing superpower ????

Now I really am happy, I have never laughed as much as when I read that :P

The only thing that NUFC will ever be compared to is Billy Smarts Circus.

As for them ever being a footballing superpower, Never in a million years :D

Henk Ten Cate and Michael Laudrup both wanted to come to Rovers yet we ended up with Paul Ince. The other two have since ended up managing big European clubs - is there something that our board know that we don't?

There is something they SHOULD know, but to be honest we know it as well. They're NUMPTIES for hiring this idiot Ince. I can only think that his interview (or lack of wage demands) must have been stunning for us to hire such a very, VERY bad manager.

There is something they SHOULD know, but to be honest we know it as well. They're NUMPTIES for hiring this idiot Ince. I can only think that his interview (or lack of wage demands) must have been stunning for us to hire such a very, VERY bad manager.

I think it has more to do with Ince wanting to sign cheap players. I bet the tight board were delighted when Ince presented his transfer wish list of Andrews and Fowler!

Henk Ten Cate and Michael Laudrup both wanted to come to Rovers yet we ended up with Paul Ince. The other two have since ended up managing big European clubs - is there something that our board know that we don't?

Actually, HTC was embroiled in a dispute with Chelski (still ongoing) and Laudrup would only commit to a short term appointment (18 months) when the Board wanted 4 years. Laudrup has since got his short term wish at Spartak Moscow. So, neither of these 'candidates' fulfilled the requirements for the post and as a result the short list dwindled to a very short list indeed. If you look at the choices made by West Ham (Zola - no coaching badges and no managerial experience) and the candidates being considered at Sid James' Park, you very quickly realise that there is a chronic shortage of suitable management talent out there for clubs to select from.

Anyway, onwards and upwards for t'Rovers. C'mon :D

Where does Fatboy's intent to sell NUFC leave the vacant manager's position - particularly as he says there will be no fire sale and he'll wait to get the right price. Does that extinguish all hope that Toon will take the hapless hopeless Ince off our hands? But would Ince jump ship to join a club where the new owners would surely show him the door on Day1?

Archived