BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is not a good manager - if he was, he would be working

I can - Shearer - that would wipe the smile off the faces of the bar codes ;)

So - all the ones currently in work are good managers? I think your theory has just gone tits up! ;)

if shearer isnt willing tt go to newcastle now, why would he join us assuming paul ince goes?

cos one of the reasons he won't go to Newcastle is because of the way they are run. director of football doing transfers. Said he wants complete control if he goes to manage anywhere. we could give him that if nothing else. Not that I think he'd come but that could be one good reason.

So Ince is worried about a club takeover and the possibility of new money for him to spend.....eh? :huh:

What Bullshyte.

More worring is the continued silence from John Williams/the board,is there a possibility they know something we dont i.e clauses(the achilles heel of BR.F.C.) in the Ince contract?............

Once again the storm waves continue to batter good 'owd HMS Rovers

So Ince is worried about a club takeover and the possibility of new money for him to spend.....eh? :huh:

What Bullshyte.

If there's any truth in that whatsoever, I think it'll be the fear that new owners usually sack the current manager and bring their own in.

Curbishley!?!? Have you had a liquid lunch today Ricky? [see you at Ewood on Sat?]

If it did pan out that Ince is off, it'd be Bilic for me if we could get him away from his current job. After that it's BFS. Oh dear.

Most of the foreign coaches want to go to the Capital not half way up the moors in the North of England, you have to be realistic and stop thinking we are a top international club, I have supported Rovers from being a young boy and want them to do well, but I know we would just be a stepping-stone club to some of the names mentioned on here if they would even come!

This whole situation stinks. Further proof that football is without any form of morality.

The Rovers' board (and manager) should be coming out with a firm 'hands off' statement to keep those (please don't use that word again) Geordies outside of a radius of 100 miles from Ewood Park.

Couldn't agree more CLB...Rovers the club are for me being treated like rubbing rags and yes, we dont help ourselves sometimes with the lack of club PR.I've been a supporter all my life and never have I been so disillusioned with it all.

For the life of me - I can't understand why Ince didn't just come out and say "not interested". We can only summaise that he would turn his back on he club that gave him his first big break - after only a matter of weeks.

Personally I would go for Laudrup - but am surprised he didn't get the West Ham job, or is in the running for the Newcastle job. The fact he was overlooked for Rovers initially make me wonder if his terms are a little too much.

For the life of me - I can't understand why Ince didn't just come out and say "not interested". We can only summaise that he would turn his back on he club that gave him his first big break - after only a matter of weeks.

Personally I would go for Laudrup - but am surprised he didn't get the West Ham job, or is in the running for the Newcastle job. The fact he was overlooked for Rovers initially make me wonder if his terms are a little too much.

He's at spartak isn't he?

Laudrup's just on the point of joining Spartak Moscow. I think that particular door has just closed.

Damn your quick fingers, gumboots!

Most of the foreign coaches want to go to the Capital not half way up the moors in the North of England, you have to be realistic and stop thinking we are a top international club, I have supported Rovers from being a young boy and want them to do well, but I know we would just be a stepping-stone club to some of the names mentioned on here if they would even come!

I don't think there are many on here who would realistically say we are a 'top international club', so not sure where you're getting that from....

If a coach from abroad turned down the chance to manage Blackburn because we're not based near London then more fool them. The chance to manage a small, well managed, financially stable premiership club with little pressure from wealthy crackpot owners, meddling directors of football or conflicting boards should be enough. The fact that a manager would be allowed to manage the squad and not worry about surprise signings or sales behind his back should be a plus point.

We will be a stepping stone club for players and managers, so get used to it. If they come here and perform well and attract interest from other clubs, we will have benefitted from good results and performances in the meantime and, then, no doubt financially as with the Hughes and Bentley situations this summer.

Archived