BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

Yeah but like it has already been said - there is a big gulf in the ability that bolton had start of last season, compared to us this season.

How can you say that? We finished in about the same position but sold nobody from the squad last summer, whereas this summer we've sold arguably 2 of our 3 'irreplaceables'.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've expressed how good the Grimsby game was, how good I thought Carlos Villaneuva was then being overwhelmed by the distinct lack of quality in the signings Ince is bringing into the club.

One quality signing and the positivity returns as it currently stands this just hasnt happened yet thus the negative slant.

Inces job is to up lift the club and its fans yet there are many like me still waiting.

Obviously JAL you and others are anxious about the quality of some of PI's signings, as I am too. However there is a big difference in our reactions. How many matches has Andrews played? Half of one match in which he did at the very least passably well, and considering he had never played before in this team or even at this level some would say unexpectedly well. But still 1/2 a match does not a Prem player make, so I for one will give him some time and matches before leaping to judgement.

Then there is the Fowler case: How many matches has he played? None at all but still he is villified and condemned by people who no doubt regard themselves as perfectly reasonable; not the way you and the others come across I am sorry to say. If Fowler plays a number of matches or sub appearences and we can all see hard evidence that he is not up to the job any more, then and only then will I say he is a dud and needs to be got rid of. But until that actually happens I am keeping an open mind and partly hopeful given the reports coming out of Ewood that he is showing signs of regaining fitness and his old ability. Time and appearences alone will tell for me. Until then I will neither praise nor condemn.

exactly Fife. I've seen nothing yet to suggest that we are heading towards disaster under Ince and equally there are some things that concern me about his reign so far. I just don't think that we can judge him on what we've seen. we know little about the players who've come in in terms of what they might be capable of at Rovers. We don't know who we tried to sign in the summer and why we didn't sign them. i just think Ince deserves a better chance than many on here seem to be able to give him at the moment.

I can't believe there are people on thisboard who would see this as a good thing for the club. The ex-Wales manager, that world superpower, wanted to leave to anywhere for the last year, then the ex MK manager stays for 8 weeks. What a terrific advert for the club. Does anyone really think the Laudrup's or Hiddink's would come rushing??

The best we could hope for would be BFS or Shearer, but entirely on their terms.

It just goes to show how few genuine candidates there are out there to take on management at Premiership level. If Newcastle really are considering a move for someone as inexperienced as Ince, that is a clear indication that their options are very very limited indeed.

There will always be a queue of people wanting to manage in the premiership!

As for this news I want to stand the idea on its head. How great it is for JW and the board that they appointed a guy who is in such demand so early in his tenure. If Newcastle want him it shows that within the game Ince must have some clout. I cant believe for one minute he would consider leaving but good heavens our managers must be good! Ince`s confidence must be skyhigh today. I hope he stays because I think we have a guy who can improve himself and the club.

Obviously JAL you and others are anxious about the quality of some of PI's signings, as I am too. However there is a big difference in our reactions. How many matches has Andrews played? Half of one match in which he did at the very least passably well, and considering he had never played before in this team or even at this level some would say unexpectedly well. But still 1/2 a match does not a Prem player make, so I for one will give him some time and matches before leaping to judgement.

Then there is the Fowler case: How many matches has he played? None at all but still he is villified and condemned by people who no doubt regard themselves as perfectly reasonable; not the way you and the others come across I am sorry to say. If Fowler plays a number of matches or sub appearences and we can all see hard evidence that he is not up to the job any more, then and only then will I say he is a dud and needs to be got rid of. But until that actually happens I am keeping an open mind and partly hopeful given the reports coming out of Ewood that he is showing signs of regaining fitness and his old ability. Time and appearences alone will tell for me. Until then I will neither praise nor condemn.

Understand your approach Fife its commendable, for me though its what I see complimented with what I know balanced with what we are up against that leaves me screaming from the roof tops as I see the dangers ahead, the current direction as a passionate Rovers supporter is one that I dont want to see us going in.

Its not a dislike for Paul Ince as some may think, its his recruitment that scares me to death, ultimately the teams performance is what Ince is judge on and if hes intent on signing mediocrity then I cant just cant stand back and watch events unfold without having a say I wouldnt really be a Rovers fan if I did.

I applaud you in your approach to supporting the club and others who share similar views but I just hope the criticisms leveled in Inces actions is seen as an opportunity for him to improve.

As for this news I want to stand the idea on its head. How great it is for JW and the board that they appointed a guy who is in such demand so early in his tenure. If Newcastle want him it shows that within the game Ince must have some clout. I cant believe for one minute he would consider leaving but good heavens our managers must be good!

I'd be inclined to agree if it wasn't a shambolic Newcastle board that were interested. It sounds like they want someone who will be happy reporting to Wise, more of a 'first team coach' than a manager. Newcastle nearly always make bad appointments, so I don't take any pride in the fact they're reportedly looking at Ince.

Tony, your last sentence sums up my opinion. I believe he may grow with us, and we could have a decent manager. Let us say he left tomorrow, who is free to come in? BFS? Curbishley? Paul Jewell? All the same old faces who will probably keep us in 15th place forever.They've been round the block, and have run out of juice.

The likes of Jan, Gordon and JAL put the boot in, condemn Ince before the league even started, but never say who they'd have in. It is so easy to moan, whinge and whine, but where are the constructive solutions? Where are the alternatives?

Rovers senior management have declined to comment, however the Lancashire Telegraph understand that Rovers are treating this as a "none story".

Yet again silence from inside Ewood only aids to pour fuel onto the rumour fire,''none-story'' or not.

No comments fron Ince himself to date regarding this? :huh:

YET AGAIN PR SEEMS THE PROBLEM HERE.

Tony, your last sentence sums up my opinion. I believe he may grow with us, and we could have a decent manager. Let us say he left tomorrow, who is free to come in? BFS? Curbishley? Paul Jewell? All the same old faces who will probably keep us in 15th place forever.They've been round the block, and have run out of juice.

The likes of Jan, Gordon and JAL put the boot in, condemn Ince before the league even started, but never say who they'd have in. It is so easy to moan, whinge and whine, but where are the constructive solutions? Where are the alternatives?

I don't know how many MORE times I have to say this, but I'd have Laudrup or Bilic. I suspect Bilic would be a good one to go for now, after being passed over by West Ham for the sake of a few weeks (or even days) off to finish this year with Croatia.

Now BILLY-

That's LAUDRUP and BILIC. Get it, got it, GOOD.

Hughes bought quality players so had the respect of the fans despite weaknesses in the teams performance - Ince has bought shyte players big difference, that record you post wont stay like that for too long.

Shyte players make a shyte team.. Hughes men hold the fort at this moment in time Hughes men got the result at Everton once they go... heaven help us with Inces men!

You have made judgements on players after FOUR games?

The Axe, Berner, Enklemen, Youri.D, Henchoz, Jeffers, Brown, Roberts, there are some real duds in there.

All of Ince's signings have to prove themselves but one thing that you cannot deny is that he is ready to play our youngsters whereas Hughes never gave them a real chance.

Against Everton, Dunn scored because he was playing in an attacking position- under Hughes he was playing more defensive, Ooijer handed in a transfer and was not playing under Hughes, the same goes for Roberts!! At least get some of your facts right... :lol:

For the record, Brad, Emerton, Tugay, MGP, four of our starting 11 last year were Souness signings not Hughes, I would even go as far as to argue that the above 4 have been our best performers during Hughes era, so what you said is shyte.

Fact is that Hughes did not have to put up with this barrage of abuse when he started (look at the hughes thread for evidence), he went on to sign The Axe and we were battered against Chelsea and the support was there. We have a positivish start and all this!

The Axe, Berner, Enklemen, Youri.D, Henchoz, Jeffers, Brown, Roberts, there are some real duds in there.

All of Ince's signings have to prove themselves but one thing that you cannot deny is that he is ready to play our youngsters whereas Hughes never gave them a real chance.

Against Everton, Dunn scored because he was playing in an attacking position- under Hughes he was playing more defensive, Ooijer handed in a transfer and was not playing under Hughes, the same goes for Roberts!! At least get some of your facts right... :lol:

For the record, Brad, Emerton, Tugay, MGP, four of our starting 11 last year were Souness signings not Hughes, I would even go as far as to argue that the above 4 have been our best performers during Hughes era, so what you said is shyte.

Fact is that Hughes did not have to put up with this barrage of abuse when he started (look at the hughes thread for evidence), he went on to sign The Axe and we were battered against Chelsea and the support was there. We have a positivish start and all this!

I'm afraid that your eloquent post was wasted on that mug.

I don't know how many MORE times I have to say this, but I'd have Laudrup or Bilic. I suspect Bilic would be a good one to go for now, after being passed over by West Ham for the sake of a few weeks (or even days) off to finish this year with Croatia.

Now BILLY-

That's LAUDRUP and BILIC. Get it, got it, GOOD.

Jan, I have to wonder why you have picked these two? Is it because they are foreign? Does that automatically make them a surefire bet for success? Cos I dont. We know less about these two than we knew about Ince. Laudrup was interviewed for the Rovers job but was passed over by JW and the board. So they have their reasons which we may never be privy too. Bilic has as much experience in the Premiership as Ince so his appointment would equally be a gamble. The board who have a pretty good track record for mangerial appointments decided on Paul Ince and that should be good enough for us fans. I am looking forward to this season.

The youngsters get their chance under Ince probably because:-

1) They werent ready last season.

2) Ince desnt have much of an idea as hes still forming his opinion on these lads.

3) Hughes standards were probably higher than Inces thus non got much of a chance.

4) Hughes knew what was required thus he recruited a higher calibre of player.

5) Lowering the overall standard gives an opportunity for all.

Last season Cruz, Bentley and Brad were Rovers best three players agree Souness did leave Hughes something to build on, Hughes improved it now Ince must take us forward again and at this moment in time he isnt doing it fingers crossed Carlos and Grella have it in them to improve us the others ..no thanks .

The youngsters get their chance under Ince probably because:-

1) They werent ready last season.

2) Ince desnt have much of an idea as hes still forming his opinion on these lads.

3) Hughes standards were probably higher than Inces thus non got much of a chance.

4) Hughes knew what was required thus he recruited a higher calibre of player.

5) Lowering the overall standard gives an opportunity for all.

Last season Cruz, Bentley and Brad were Rovers best three players agree Souness did leave Hughes something to build on, Hughes improved it now Ince must take us forward again and at this moment in time he isnt doing it fingers crossed Carlos and Grella have it in them to improve us the others ..no thanks .

1) Treacy and Judge both developed into first team players between May and June? Don't be silly.

2) By giving them a chance he is making it clear that it's his opinion that they can do well. So he has formed his opinion. Hughes never gave youth a chance; where is Sinama Pongolle now?

3) They both played at the very highest across Europe. I would suggest their standards are equal.

4) Bruno Berner

5) Playing youth players is akin to lowering the standards? Not really a compromise there is there. You have to put your faith into youth otherwise they will never develop. I think that comment was scraping the barrel somewhat.

1) Treacy and Judge both developed into first team players between May and June? Don't be silly.

2) By giving them a chance he is making it clear that it's his opinion that they can do well. So he has formed his opinion. Hughes never gave youth a chance; where is Sinama Pongolle now?

3) They both played at the very highest across Europe. I would suggest their standards are equal.

4) Bruno Berner

5) Playing youth players is akin to lowering the standards? Not really a compromise there is there. You have to put your faith into youth otherwise they will never develop. I think that comment was scraping the barrel somewhat.

Judge will never be a regular premiership player as long as i've an hole in my butt, just hope he enjoys his moments of playing amongst international players on the premiership stage while it lasts.

Treacy had a dreadful game against Coventry in the cup last season is it suprising Hughes didnt feature him again.

Hughes gave Olsson his chance gainst Brum in the cup and did very well then he got a lengthy injury which restricted him from playing again.

Kane came on in the same game.

Its ridiculous to suggest Hughes never gave youth a chance, he did, they just didnt seize the opportunity and yes, if you lower the standard then you create opportunities for a lot more players - this you seem to have difficulty with but its an extremely important issue that seems to be engulfing the club.

Without bringing through youth players we will not sustain our position in the Premiership, I think that is pretty obvious.

If Hughes didn't give Judge another game based on the Coventry performance why didn't he drop some of the more experienced heads who had a woeful game rather than the youth team player. It is unfair to blame the defeat on the most unexperienced

Without bringing through youth players we will not sustain our position in the Premiership, I think that is pretty obvious.

True .

If Hughes didn't give JTreacy another game based on the Coventry performance why didn't he drop some of the more experienced heads who had a woeful game rather than the youth team player. It is unfair to blame the defeat on the most unexperienced

Henchoz never played again after Coventry, neither did Righters, and MaCarthy got fleeting appearances afterwards cant remember who else played but the Coventry game was in the early stages of Keith Treacy's development. This game showed some up to be unreliable, I've mentioned four players Hughes axed there might well be some others.

Hughes knew what was required, he was paid to get results and very nearly pulled Rovers up into sixth place.

Yeah Treacy may of been on the bench but would he of come on in as many games?

As for the Geordies - im really suprised to see they are not really going for Moyes. He would do a good job if given the right support up there.

Will be interesting to see how many actually boycott the game at the weekend.

Henchoz never played again after Coventry, neither did Righters, and MaCarthy got fleeting appearances afterwards cant remember who else played but the Coventry game was in the early stages of Keith Treacy's development. This game showed some up to be unreliable, I've mentioned four players Hughes axed there might well be some others.

Hughes knew what was required, he was paid to get results and very nearly pulled Rovers up into sixth place.

Henchoz never played in the Coventry game either

Archived