BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

Joke club, with joke owner and joke set-up. So glad we have John Williams.

Shearer wouldnt do any better, Keegan was a stupid move too - but now I cant see anyone wanting the job, other than Wise & Poyet.

Eh? If John Williams had got his way, Shearer would be our manager right now. And if he was, he'd be shortly walking out to go to Newcastle.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When people have siad that we're a well run club in the past, my reaction used to be big deal, but increasingly - especially in the last week - i'm beginning to see what a massive thing this is. We all knew that Newcastle was a mad house, but the likes of Wham going the same way indicates how widespread this is.

Given also the political struggles at Liverpool, the volatile situation at City (there's no way they'll not stick their very expensive oar in) and Tottenham having a director of football, it seems to me the premiership is looking less attractive for managers to want to come to test their mettle. The chance for them being able to give it a shot, without interference/hindrance from the board is deminishing. When you also factor in the fact that without large finances the chances of a top 8 finish or any success is growing increasingly remote, you wonder if managers will be put off coming to England for all but the top jobs.

As for Newcastle, I can't see them getting a big enough name to placate the fans, and Wise isn't a great manager so hopefully they'll go spiriling down. Having said that given the way it's gone Ashley may well sell, giving them a bit of a reprieve. Until then though... :)

Given KK's and Curb's situations I do wonder if this is part of the reason we are seeing less and less British managers making the step up into the Premiership. KK and Curb's will be replaced by foreigners further diluting the British representation within the top flight.

Foreign owners as well as the gradual movement to a European structure can only really result in more coming over.

• Backroom

A friend of mine who's an NU fan has said that Poyet seems favourite to get the job.. but as coach which would leave Wise and Jiminez to carry on with transfers etc

Whether this will happen or not?

A friend of mine who's an NU fan has said that Poyet seems favourite to get the job.. but as coach which would leave Wise and Jiminez to carry on with transfers etc

Whether this will happen or not?

If that happens I will be glued to SSN, I hope Newcastle do the decent thing and inform the police prior to his announcement of that appointment. In fact if I was Ashley I would announce it in a different country!

If that happens I will be glued to SSN, I hope Newcastle do the decent thing and inform the police prior to his announcement of that appointment. In fact if I was Ashley I would announce it in a different country!

Isn't he out of the country at the moment?

Eh? If John Williams had got his way, Shearer would be our manager right now. And if he was, he'd be shortly walking out to go to Newcastle.

I doubt it . Shearer's an intelligent bloke - he won't go to Newcastle until it's stable and that could be a long time off yet !

Shearer Cool on Newcastle Vacancy

"I'd like to be a manager at some point in my career," the former Newcastle player told BBC Sport's Football Focus.

"But I want to manage - and control who comes in and out of the club."

or

''i'm a bit @#/? at the moment as i have never managed a club and would probably fall flat on my face, managerial career over then!''

or

''why the hell should i take a job to get sacked from in six month''

or

''i'm quiet happy getting paid by the bbc for talking about footie in a nice warm studio. p.s all you footie fans are paying my big wage through the bbc, thank you for that''

Rant over.

Sorry T4E, I almost missed that.

Can you put a bit of flesh on that particular bone?

Given that John Williams is pretty much in charge of Rovers and was when Hughes left and would have been in charge of appointing a new manager.

Thanks

Rovers only asked him if he would like to be on the shortlist - nothing more. I doubt he would of got the job with us either.

Shearer would be mad to join them, think they will end up with Laudrup or Manchini

I have to say I think if he'd wanted it and gave a good interview he would have got it. I don't know if this is true or not please correct me if so but did Jack not offer him the job before he left for Newcastle?

Either of those would be mad to take it, in fact anyone will. Whoever takes it will be in for lots of abuse, from the Geordies. Ant and Dec should be given the job!!!

Sorry T4E, I almost missed that.

Can you put a bit of flesh on that particular bone?

Given that John Williams is pretty much in charge of Rovers and was when Hughes left and would have been in charge of appointing a new manager.

Thanks

There's not much to add. We would have appointed Shearer if he had wanted the job. It wasn't until he ruled himself out that we went elsewhere.

One problem, and that was Ashley. That guy, cant hold a candle to JW. He is a knob, and is a power hungry maniac. Just one case, why is rather important that we find a buyer who has the clubs, best interest at heart.

Quote Jim "Brilliant stuff from Rod Liddle."

Correct... superb article! With a major recession lurching into town and with fuel and food prices soaring, house prices plummeting it's time that the supporters turned away from the corruption and financial lunacy of the Premier League. But I fear that down to human nature it won't happen at any of those 3 clubs. Season tickets being the clubs biggest hook. Maybe if people went back to paying on the gates (which they of course cannot these days) their opinion would count for much more.

Rovers only asked him if he would like to be on the shortlist - nothing more. I doubt he would of got the job with us either.

Correct, it was a great way of saying "Can you do us a favour old boy and rule yourself out and let us get on with it please, there's a good lad, now jog on..."

Archived