BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who in their right mind would want to manage Newcastle?

Their fans are deluded thinking they should be challenging for the champions league now. They have a skinflint of a chairman who won't spend money even though he is apparently a billionaire and he has reportedly sold players behind his managers back, and to top it all off you have an interfering Dennis Wise in control of the transfer policy.

You must be completley mad if you would want to manage this joke of a club.

It never did look good from the start when Wise came in above him and he seemed to know nothing about it, then he had to put on his PR face and say he knew all about it and gave it the go ahead.

Wise would be hated from the start if he came in as they'd think he had something to do with Keegan leaving, which he could well have!

Can't see there being that many takers at the moment, Shearer's name will no doubt be thrown around a lot. Moyes since Everton seem to be going a bit pear shaped, but why jump one sinking ship to land on another one?

Joey Barton as temporary caretaker manager?

BBC Radio 5 Live commentator Ian Dennis said: "My understanding is that Kevin Keegan has fallen foul of the board over the future of Joey Barton. Obviously he remains loyal to Barton.

"The board was quite happy to do a player exchange deal with Blackburn, then they offered a cash deal and it didn't happen.

"Keegan had a meeting with the owners last night, he had a further meeting at St James' Park today (Tuesday) and I'm told things were not going well.

"As to whether he has walked, I don't believe that to be the case."

Anyone just read that on the BBC site?

BARTON? IS INCE MENTAL?

BBC Link

To me, it reads like there some sort of swap deal involving one of our players and Barton, then we changed it a straight cash deal for Barton, but Keegan has remained loyal to Barton (i.e. not wanted him to leave) to the anger of the board.

Hoping I'm wrong.

Archived