BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

Was just watching Sky sports in between a cracking film (American Yakuza ITV 4 if anyone is interested) and some Geordie emails in saying that KK i the only manager who understands the Geordie people. They are on another planet that lot.They think they are some kind of football super race that have to be handle by the correct people.

Although I was up there on a stag do the other week and I couldn't understand a word they said.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not exactly sure why there's any confusion.

"The board was quite happy to do a player exchange deal with Blackburn, then they offered a cash deal [...and it didn't happen.]"

The "they" in the sentence is the board - ie Newcastle Board. The subject of the sentence doesn't change and the "with Blackburn" is an incidental element of the sentence.

The first offer was Barton, a second offer was cash. Pretty straight forward English Language O'level stuff.

Neither offer was to Rovers liking so the deal didn't happen.

Think of it like this -

"Blackburn were happy to offer a packet of trebor mints to Spurs, then they offered 50p"

Who would seriously misconstrue that as Spurs offering us the money for the mints?

I agree with all that, but it still leaves one question in that article: How has Keegan angered the board standing by Barton? If we'd bid money and Keegan didn't want him to go, that would make sense. The only situation I can think of is Keegan getting upset that he was offered as part of a swap, although that wasn't even hinted at in the article.

Crap journalism whatever he meant.

Depends on whether you are cRaZy paranoid or not or just misconstrue to fit a seperate agenda

If you think we were added in to that article to fit someone's agenda then you ARE paranoid.

Reading everything that has gone on it seems to me that:-

Keegan wants out

Ashley wants Keegan out

Keegan dosent want to be seen as doing a runner again and also (I could be wrong here) I think that he wouldnt get his pay off if he walks

Ashley wants Keegan to walk so they dont have to pay anything - also he can say to the fans that he was never sacked and they wanted him to stay - hence not to look the bad guy

So, a stalemate.

I agree with all that, but it still leaves one question in that article: How has Keegan angered the board standing by Barton? If we'd bid money and Keegan didn't want him to go, that would make sense. The only situation I can think of is Keegan getting upset that he was offered as part of a swap, although that wasn't even hinted at in the article.

Crap journalism whatever he meant.

If you think we were added in to that article to fit someone's agenda then you ARE paranoid.

He has angered the board by being angry at the board.

Obviously.

I read he is fishing for constructive dismissal, that's why he hasn't resigned

Keegan may have given an ultimatum regarding Dennis Wise and the daft set up they have .

The owner is in the process of making a decision ........give it a week or so .

Cue yet more scenes of weeping Geordies!

A fat bar steward owner who likes to think he's 'one of the lads,' a perpetual quitter as a manager, an inexperienced dwarf-thug as Director of Football and a set of supporters that the word deluded was invented for.

You couldn't make it up! :lol:

I feel for Kevin, I think he's really been used in all of this. Ashley knew it'd be a very popular decision with the fans to appoint him, but he's obviously lured him there under false pretences and brought Wise etc. in to do the real work. He deserves better than that, really, he's one of the good guys in the game.

What I would like to see, and will not be surprised at is if Mike Ashley walks out into the stands to take his usual place to see an empty stadium.

If you want a Director of football fine don't employ a manager he becomes a coach. KK is a leg-end and was doing OK TBH. But when Ashley brought in Wise above him without his knowledge, and touts players around behind his back.

I hope he has gotten out of paying them compo, SSN say KK's lawyers sent them an ultimatum yesterday over control of the club. At the end of the day him resigning is better for the Directors than sacking him, perhaps a compromise was reached.

Fans not happy at all.

Strange, but while accessing all the bookies candidates, I asked myself one question, Who the **** is going to work with the current set up, any manager worth his salt, and not just going there for a fat pay off in 6 months, would surely want Wise at least in the background, and nothing to do with players, ins & out's.

2 out of the first three don't hold the Pro licence, either, not sure about Poyet.

I sincerely doubt Poyet has much influence over someone like Juande Ramos. I think he was just the ideal role of assistant because of the Spanish/English language barrier and his past connections with the club.

Were Wise and Poyet together at Leeds? I'm amazed if that's what Ashley's going for.

I sincerely doubt Poyet has much influence over someone like Juande Ramos. I think he was just the ideal role of assistant because of the Spanish/English language barrier and his past connections with the club.

Were Wise and Poyet together at Leeds? I'm amazed if that's what Ashley's going for.

Both together at Swindon and Leeds, the plot thickens.

Do you think there is a betting scam going on between Curbishly and Keegan???

Keegan makes out he is leaving, raising Curbishly's odds - Pair of them put loads of money on Curbishly and he walks out pocketing them a fortune???

Technically no one has actually been sacked yet have they???

Archived