BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keegan Newcastle Manager!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Journalists don't hate us, it makes us sound a bit pathetic when you word it like that.

I'm not saying the story is true, but to suggest someone has thrown our name in there because they hate us without any kind of foundation for the story is bordering on intense paranoia.

Barton is actually a talented footballer so as a player I wouldn't criticise the club taking a serious look at him and he would be very cheap.

But ...... Hitler could paint a bit but I don't think I would have wanted him as a decorator.

I'm getting rather tired of the 'boo hoo everyone hates us'. It makes us sound like an emo kid. :P

So were we interested in Barton or not? If so...WHY THE HELL WOULD WE WANT ANOTHER CENTRE MIDFIELDER???

Obvious surely. If we'd got Barton I guess one of Grella / Andrews would not have been signed. Might not have been a bad idea cos Barton might have been really cheap in both fee and wages.... He's a good player but seeing him interviewed last season made me think that he has inner demons / mental issues.

I don't read it that we wanted Barton at all. I read it that they wanted Warnock and thought because at some point in the past we'd been vaguely linked with Barton we might look at a player swap deal because they wanted rid. Keegan didn't want rid just as he didn't want to lose Milner, and it's that that's annoyed Keegan. The fact that they then came back with cash bids suggests Keegan wanted Warnock or at least Wise did but Keegan didn't want to lose Barton to get him.

Not exactly sure why there's any confusion.

"The board was quite happy to do a player exchange deal with Blackburn, then they offered a cash deal [...and it didn't happen.]"

The "they" in the sentence is the board - ie Newcastle Board. The subject of the sentence doesn't change and the "with Blackburn" is an incidental element of the sentence.

The first offer was Barton, a second offer was cash. Pretty straight forward English Language O'level stuff.

Neither offer was to Rovers liking so the deal didn't happen.

Think of it like this -

"Blackburn were happy to offer a packet of trebor mints to Spurs, then they offered 50p"

Who would seriously misconstrue that as Spurs offering us the money for the mints?

It may be clear to some but my first reading was we were after Barton. Oh my god!!

I actually had a funny feeling we may be the club in for him but was praying it woudln't be. Clearly still not confirmed but I can honestly say i'd had have to think long and hard about coming to Ewood whilst he was there.

How bloody depressing is that list! The likes of Big sam, Wally and Stuart Peirce all given odds BUT NO PAUL INCE!

What does that say about him? :rolleyes:

That he 's not on the list and in quite good company along with the likes of Scolari, Wenger, Ferguson, Benitez etc.

I love Newcastle, between them and City what excitement would we have?

You gotta love the Geordies, bless their deluded cotton socks. Once they awarded themselves the title of best fans in the league, it was all downhill from there.

Their capacity to drop yet another comedic ballcock continuously is impressive.

Still the best away trip in the Premiership though (apart from the steps).

Let's see how important Shearer's 'media commitments' are now, hey? Methinks he will still bottle out of putting himself in the limelight.

Archived