BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Duff Or Pedersen?

chris

At their best it has to be Duff, but Duff hasn't been at his best since just after he left us. He's lost a little bit of pace and is less effective and on top of that he spends most of his time in the physios room, which was always a problem for him, but has become even more of one for the past two or three seasons. For these reasons it has to be Pedersen for me. Pedersen will regain his best form, Duff won't.

If Duff regains half decent form it'll be better than what Pedersen can do.

Both players are shadows of their former selves.

Duff is horribly injury-prone but still gives 100% every game and has grown out of the need to beat 5 men before shooting/passing.

Ped is in a long period of terrible form but there's the hope that someday he'll snap out of it.

Sadly I'd go for Duff, sell Ped to the highest bidder and watch him turn back into the magnificent player he once was.

Duff was a world-beater for us in the run up to World Cup 2002, pace and control were phenomenal, a joy to watch.

He looked decent the other week for the jailbirds aganst stoke too

but the real question as alreqady stated is pedersen or peter?

Peter seemed promising when he turned up but doesn't seem to be under consideration now, anyone know why?

because he isn't the player we all hope he is.

Apart from when he set up 3 goals in that one game, Peter hasn't done anything else in his entire Rovers career.

Pedersen will get better once his confidence comes back. He's a talented guy and we've all seen him at his best, which has been on many occasions.

We need to keep getting behind him and really willing him on to score. He just needs confidence. With us backing him up instead of slating him, he'll find it and he'll be back to his former self.

:rover: do you stand at the halfway line before every game on the riverside with the rest of the gamst fan club?giving gamst a hero's reception,well i expect to see sparky in the crowd,emerton did more in 20 minutes on sat than gamst did all game :brfcsmilie:

emerton did more in 20 minutes on sat than gamst did all game :brfcsmilie:

Absolutely correct. Even being on the wrong foot, he was better- and we all used to moan about how bad "this week's lucky right wing loser who gets to play on the left" was- Emo included! (when we didn't have a left winger)

Maybe the technology now exists to allow Hughes to create a hybrid of the two, keeping all the good points of each and eliminating the weaker aspects of the two wingers. The ultimate left footer. We could call him Pufferesen. Or Deff.

Oh Nooo! I sense a marathon thread coming on. Can I start... McCruz? LOL :rolleyes:

Duff was a world-beater for us in the run up to World Cup 2002, pace and control were phenomenal, a joy to watch.

Duff was the main reason we got into the UEFA cup under SOuness. He came back from injury near the end of the season and scored in a number of 1-0 wins, with able Gresko playing a supporting role.

Why don't we re-sign Duff, Douglas, Danns and Donnelly to go with prodigal son, Dunn, and we can re-configure the deliriously dynamic d-day midfield? Homegrown (kind of), and all. :wacko:

He did. I would have preferred to have put Bentley on the left and then Emo on the right but as Derbs got the goal i'm not going to complain at Sparky. :rover:

Emo has been consistently poor when played on the right hand side of midfield. I hope he never has to play there again.

Emo has been consistently poor when played on the right hand side of midfield. I hope he never has to play there again.

That is true, but he seems to do ok going forward as a right back, the same with Warnock. I know this is completely off topic (though I didn't send it off topic, just helped it stay off ;) ) I wonder if a 'Christmas Tree' formation would work with Emerton as the Right wing back? Dunn and Reid in the Middle, with Tugay/Mokoena in between the Defence and Midfield and Rocky up front on his own?

I'm probably a minority here but I'd still go for Pedersen. I have no doubt that he will come good, much as OI believe will Benni

A man after my own heart. Pederson and Benni have the potential to be truely great and i just hope they are at blackburn when it happens

Archived