BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Duff Or Pedersen?

chris

Completely irrelevant discussion - we haven't signed Duff have we? :unsure:

Of much more interest imo would be "Pedersen or Peter?"

I would say MGP has been so out of sorts for such a long period, Peter deserves an extended run. Then, if he doesn't prove good enough to provide serious competition to MGP, fire him off, get him off the wage bill, and get someone in who will be.

If the question is based on both players being at their TOP FORM then i'd say Pederson, when he was on his best form he gave as good crossed as Duff but was also deadly from set pieces, just remember back when we played Sheff Utd at home last year, when we got that last minute free kick most people thought he would score.

Although the question is irrelevant because neither player has played on top form for over a year.

Duff......Simple i even named my cat after him.Then he buggerd off to Chelsea.

If you see a Jack Russell coming off Darwen Moors answering to the name of Duffer, then that's my dog. B)

I have been a big supporter of Pedersen in the past, mainly when he initially struggled to get in the side.

Both players at their peak, there is no contest and Duffer would win hands down and even in his present injury prone state.

In all my time watching Rovers I have never seen a player put in such an abject set of performances, week in and week out, and still be picked for the team, like Pedersen. It's a complere mystery.

At their best it has to be Duff, but Duff hasn't been at his best since just after he left us. He's lost a little bit of pace and is less effective and on top of that he spends most of his time in the physios room, which was always a problem for him, but has become even more of one for the past two or three seasons. For these reasons it has to be Pedersen for me. Pedersen will regain his best form, Duff won't.

Archived