BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rigters To Norwich

Guest fernhurstblue

The concerning point to me as I mentioned on another thread is that it is apparent that Hughes has to stick to the 'one in one out' policy...... even for fringe players! Reading between the lines the delay in Vogel finally signing must have been down to finding a placement for Rigters.

Odd cos after Sav leaving surely we were already 1 down. :huh:

Cheeky so-and-so but its true- just

Av att

Sheffield United 24,763

Norwich City 24,299

Wolves 22,965

Leicester City 22,833

Charlton Athletic 22,266

West Brom 21,235

Ipswich Town 21,217

Sheffield Wednesday 20,991

Southampton 20,586

Coventry City 18,839

Hull City 16,701

Watford 16,353

Crystal Palace 15,205

Bristol City 15,198

Stoke City 13,941

Cardiff City 13,612

Queens Park Rangers 13,054

Plymouth Argyle 12,466

Preston North End 12,316

Burnley 11,816

Barnsley 10,378

Blackpool 8,502

Scunthorpe United 6,755

Colchester United 5,372

Remarkable achievement by the Canaries considering they were only averaging 15,000 just two seasons ago. Mind you the largest gate in their history; 29,000 has been beaten by our largest gate this season.

Certainly is very good growth in the crowds though with no PL competition within 100 miles and a population 230,000 larger that Blackburn they should be doing well in this area. Rovers have at least 8 PL clubs within the same area, six very local, to compete with.

Certainly is very good growth in the crowds though with no PL competition within 100 miles and a population 230,000 larger that Blackburn they should be doing well in this area. Rovers have at least 8 PL clubs within the same area, six very local, to compete with.

Funny how most journo's overlook these facts when slating our crowds.

They can't write/talk about us without attaching a tag. It used to be Moneybags Rovers, now it seems to be a crowd related one.

The problem lies with all other clubs supporters that pick up on it, I'm forever putting them right.

The important thing is that he's there to play games so it's a win win situation for both teams. He'l get first team experience in English football and hopefully he'll do well there so that he can either come back and challenge for a first team place at Ewood or he'll move for a decent fee.

Personally i'd like him to return and push for a starting place at Blackburn. He's shown in the Euro Championships what he could do but it's now up to him to really push himself to get to the next level.

Ggood luck to him!

Cheeky so-and-so but its true- just

Av att

Sheffield United 24,763

Norwich City 24,299

Wolves 22,965

Leicester City 22,833

Charlton Athletic 22,266

West Brom 21,235

Ipswich Town 21,217

Sheffield Wednesday 20,991

Southampton 20,586

Coventry City 18,839

Hull City 16,701

Watford 16,353

Crystal Palace 15,205

Bristol City 15,198

Stoke City 13,941

Cardiff City 13,612

Queens Park Rangers 13,054

Plymouth Argyle 12,466

Preston North End 12,316

Burnley 11,816

Barnsley 10,378

Blackpool 8,502

Scunthorpe United 6,755

Colchester United 5,372

Remarkable achievement by the Canaries considering they were only averaging 15,000 just two seasons ago. Mind you the largest gate in their history; 29,000 has been beaten by our largest gate this season.

Im sure rigters will feel the difference of the extra 930 people at carrow road (23,369 - Av. Attendance at rovers (source soccernet.com))!

No disrespect to norwich obviously, i am sure that is a good attendance with all the big clubs milling around such as Ipswich and Colchester to name just a few! well done glen roeder

He was involved with one of Curetons goals.

Crossed well to Dublin who layed it off for the goal.

Yep

I posted on their 606 board enquiring how he did on his debut, one response:

"RibbleValley - He came on as a substitute with about 15 minutes left, when we were winning 3-1.

Played a big part in our 4th goal, by chasing a lost cause before making an excellent pass into the area, which Dion Dublin knocked back for our striker Jamie Cureton to score (and round off his hat-trick!)

Looked a bit rusty, which is understandable, but clearly has pace and power about him. Hopefully he can push on from this and start challenging for a starting place, although I can't see us dropping anyone after winning 5-1"

Thanks guys; it sounds like the lad could be useful to them once he gets properly up to speed. I hope he does well, because I still feel he has what it takes and could still turn out to be a player for us.

I think it good he moved. He hasnt done anything for us this season and i think some first team will do him good. If he shows well mabye itll help benni get his ish together or mabye (and this is a BIG mabye) even replace him. Eather way lets see how he does. Dont wanna get to ahead of my self.

Archived