BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

You are correct yoda but I get the impression that most football contracts are drawn up to be complete within themselves- it is not unusual for a football relationship to last less than twelve months so these matters have to be provided for.

If I read nicko's account correctly, Chelski are primarilly interested in enforcing gagging and gardening leave so they want something out of the scrap they might not have secured at the moment. When it comes to restraint of trade, even agreed clauses in pre-existing contracts are ruled unenforcable so it comes down to what they pay HtC for the gag and by way of compensation for unreasonable break of contract.

Having fired HtC two days after publicly stating his position was secure, HtC would have to have been a very naughty boy in the intervening two days not to be in a good position to enforce whatever clauses were in his Chelsea contract to his benefit.

Yes, this is when it all gets messy and ends up as a civil case, it will come down to who has the best lawyer on the day and who can interpret the gagging clause in the most convincing way, if it exists.

Just a thought, what if he was employed as Grants assistant and not as Chelsea assistant manager!

:rover:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just one thought on the nicko revelations from a Rovers' stand point.

No doubt they will take legal advice as to whether they are wasting their time interviewing HtC- that is pretty straightforward as to all intents and purposes, Rovers are "owned" by lawyers- the JWT Trustees.

If Rovers get to the point of employing HtC, they will no doubt take advice from a barrister on the likelihood of Chelsea seeking a High Court injunction to stop it and their ability to resist such an injunction.

That will be an interesting one as HtC's contract with Chelsea was presumably made confidential between HtC and Chelsea so Rovers legally speaking will not be able to see the document they are fighting over- there are legal ways round that of course besides the oops what's that he left by mistake on the windowsill routine.

I would think the chances of Chelsea securing a High Court prohibitory injunction would be very small unless HtC and his folks have blundered really badly.

Just one thought on the nicko revelations from a Rovers' stand point.

No doubt they will take legal advice as to whether they are wasting their time interviewing HtC- that is pretty straightforward as to all intents and purposes, Rovers are "owned" by lawyers- the JWT Trustees.

If Rovers get to the point of employing HtC, they will no doubt take advice from a barrister on the likelihood of Chelsea seeking a High Court injunction to stop it and their ability to resist such an injunction.

That will be an interesting one as HtC's contract with Chelsea was presumably made confidential between HtC and Chelsea so Rovers legally speaking will not be able to see the document they are fighting over- there are legal ways round that of course besides the oops what's that he left by mistake on the windowsill routine.

I would think the chances of Chelsea securing a High Court prohibitory injunction would be very small unless HtC and his folks have blundered really badly.

As you said earlier though, Chelsea would not win on the basis of trying to stop HtC working for some one else, they would however be able to argue that if he got a new job, then they would only have to pay for his loss of earnings prior to the new employment.

If the gagging clause is there, I cannot see it being linked to these payments.

It is going to be interesting to see the outcome.

:rover:

Taken from the BBC's paper gossip page:

"Sam Allardyce would not be a popular appointment as manager of Blackburn among some fans, with almost 2,000 signing up to a Facebook petition. (Various)"

Then lets hope that our 2000 strong selection panel are the experts that they think they are and actually know what they are talking about.

Six that want out ... hmm interesting.

Oijjer - had already said he wanted to go before MH left

Bentley - his agent has been necogiating a move for a while

Santa Cruz - lots in the press before MH left

Warnock - made some silly comments when MH LEFT, but also tried to jusitfy those comments later

Samba - his agent has been making noises in the press - I would hope that Rovers would want more than £4m - personally I would double it, with additional clauses. Whatever his form 2nd half of last season - prior to that he looked like a £30m centre half - so City should be pay for that potential. As has been pointed out - Oijjer and Nelsen may even be a better pairing anyway.

After that struggling really, maybe MGP, possibly Benni.

There is bound to be a period where players are unsettled by all this - but in reality the top three I have mentioned above were after a move anyway. Oijjer may actually be pursuaded to stay due to a change in manager. Samba's agent had made noises about Rovers being a stepping stone when MH was at the club.

For me it all sounds like agents taking advantage of us not currently having a manager - but the reality is that (even if MH had stayed) some of these players would have moved on anyway. It is also likely that some players that wanted to leave may now stay - Oijjer & Roberts spring to mind. Sp not convinced that these players wanting to leave is all down to MH leaving.

It is indeed the silly season (with regards to agents) .

Something I was proud about, was that people seemed to care about our situation and had strong thoughts on it. Suppose we are/were a top 7 team.

Now it is a case of getting the best man in and don't worry, JW is more than fully aware of this.

The lot that want out deserve fines, it's a bloody disgrace. Who do they think they are, my guesses are Bentley, Santa Cruz, Warnock, Ooijer, Samba and McCarthy. They can all get lost, we want players who are happy and willing to work for the team and not the manager. Whoever comes in as manager better tell them that.

Just to CLARIFY - I was told exactly this: around six of your squad have made their unhappiness clear to the chairman and said they may look elsewhere.

Too late now, but I am starting to think I should have not posted what I did (not an attention grabber), but spoke to good, informed people.

Ultimately, don't worry, we are in good hands (JW). People only speak highly of him.

Just to CLARIFY - I was told exactly this: around six of your squad have made their unhappiness clear to the chairman and said they may look elsewhere.

Too late now, but I am starting to think I should have not posted what I did (not an attention grabber), but spoke to good, informed people.

Ultimately, don't worry, we are in good hands (JW). People only speak highly of him.

Not to make accusations but just curious, you said this in your first post:

Few facts for all of you after speaking to certain players tonight, who seemed to be out on the lash like me:

Ten cate's pay-off snag...I've seen all of the legal arguing and some of the hypotheticals going on, but there is a bottom line here. Chelsea OWE him money from the rest of his contract and WON'T guarantee him a good pay-off UNLESS he signs this 'banning order' from staying in England. They did the same with Mourinho, you will recall. That was only a few months ago. It's a tactic they use. I would see it as a recommendation about the guy's ability. It's up to Rovers and Ten Cate to sort it out - if they want. Right now it is a snag.

Betting on the job...I've said until I'm blue in the face that you should NOT bet on this market as there is no clear favourite. I see people backed Ten Cate last night - that was NOT on my advice.

Uhnappy players...I wouldn't listen to a word of dressing room tittle-tattle at this stage of the season. The players are not even in each other's company. As for the club listening to their views on the next boss...ARE YOU SURE?

Next boss...Sam Allardyce has gone to his pals in the Sundays to say how great he is...that tells me he is unsure about his chances.

Alan Shearer...Strange but true, I think the Sheffield Wednesday takeover bid and interest in appointing him is TRUE. I did the tale six months ago when Geoff Sheard, who considered bidding for Rovers with some Asian mates, first tried to buy it. They are almost there. Wonder what Big Al makes of this one.

Ryan Nelsen...If you believe [a] Sparky has £7 million to spend on a centre half for Man City and Ryan would pass a medical then that's entirely up to you.

Anyway I'm off to find out more about the next manager who is being interviewed tomorrow. But more details on that will have to wait.

Our owners want rid and players want out,not an ideal situation to bring in a new manager to the club.

Its hard to accept that we are in such turmoil at the moment for a club that purports to be so well run....on the surface atleast.

Frustrating and I just hope all this can be sorted out next week as presently its doing us all no favours.

SIMON GARNERS 194 - we are a well run club, everyone agrees on that. Fact is naturally some players are unsettled - would happen at most clubs.

Tony Gale Mic - amongst others, I was with 2 Chelsea players last night not BRFC players.

Lastly, I am just relaying what was told to me.

Finally, I am going to get some sleep now.

ps - Interesting to hear that others were mentioning Laudrup. Suggests we have/will speak to him shortly.

I honestly don't want to say who said what, because it could get certain people into trouble. This is a tense time and I am honestly not going to say much more on this.

It was suggested to me that Sam and Laudrup (not mentioned by me), would be the preferred choice of the players.

I really don't want to deflect attention from this thread, if you really want more info, pls contact me directly.

Ten cate's pay-off snag...I've seen all of the legal arguing and some of the hypotheticals going on, but there is a bottom line here. Chelsea OWE him money from the rest of his contract and WON'T guarantee him a good pay-off UNLESS he signs this 'banning order' from staying in England. They did the same with Mourinho, you will recall. That was only a few months ago. It's a tactic they use. I would see it as a recommendation about the guy's ability. It's up to Rovers and Ten Cate to sort it out - if they want. Right now it is a snag.

Betting on the job...I've said until I'm blue in the face that you should NOT bet on this market as there is no clear favourite. I see people backed Ten Cate last night - that was NOT on my advice.

Uhnappy players...I wouldn't listen to a word of dressing room tittle-tattle at this stage of the season. The players are not even in each other's company. As for the club listening to their views on the next boss...ARE YOU SURE?

Next boss...Sam Allardyce has gone to his pals in the Sundays to say how great he is...that tells me he is unsure about his chances.

Alan Shearer...Strange but true, I think the Sheffield Wednesday takeover bid and interest in appointing him is TRUE. I did the tale six months ago when Geoff Sheard, who considered bidding for Rovers with some Asian mates, first tried to buy it. They are almost there. Wonder what Big Al makes of this one.

Ryan Nelsen...If you believe [a] Sparky has £7 million to spend on a centre half for Man City and Ryan would pass a medical then that's entirely up to you.

Anyway I'm off to find out more about the next manager who is being interviewed tomorrow. But more details on that will have to wait.

And here he is, just for gumboots:

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

Nelsen can go for £7m. That's silly money for him.

I think it will be Big Fat Sam.

I think the presenter on ITV dropped a clanger on the Euro coverage when he said, " You'll have fun with this offside rule next season won't you Sam?"

Sam quickly replied, " Yes, if I get a job."

I briefly glanced through today's Sunday Mirror earlier in a butty shop mistakenly thinking it was the Sunday paper nicko wrote in.

No mention whatsoever of HTC in there.

Someone called Steve Millar had done an article confirming what nicko has told us about Shearer all week and reporting on the fans backlash against Allardyce.

He claimed Ince, McClaren, Martinez and Laudrup were the remaining names on our shortlist.

I wouldn't take much notice of John's drunken ramblings- that list of 6 is his guesswork.

Dont be so harsh philipl, Hughes probably jumped ship at the right time the cracks were appearing early season for me, and in the end he got a few things wrong especially the substitutions in the final game at Brum. Resigning MaCarthy and Tugay among many others

In football its probably very common to find this kind of thing happening at a football club with players wanting leave, i know your one of the most positively pro Rovers fans there is out there philipl, but John wouldnt post drivel without substance to back it up judging by the amount of times hes been on the board.

This is a great moment in time for Blackburn Rovers football club and as Nicko says possibly a step change in history so lets hope for a new dawn, and a fresh start for an eager manager looking to make his mark on British football....come on Laudrup.

Archived