BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fairplay League

There were some rumours last year this would lead to a point deduction or something (three years in a row!) But I guess it will just be a fine or something.

I am suprised because three seasons ago we certainly were a bit rough (but fair) in the league. But now I would hardly say we use strong arm tactics... And though Hughes rants and raves a bit we aren't that bad to the officals.

Confused. :wacko:

The fairplay league is a joke, there is obviously a clear bias towards Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal.

When Rooney is telling the ref to "f off" every minute and then you have Fergie and Quieroz aggressively slating the ref when things don't go there way and nothing happens in terms of misconduct charges you know there is something wrong.

Wondering how large a fine we will get this time for finishing bottom, especially after the morons at the FA fine us for "violent behaviour" against Newcastle :rolleyes:

We're so far behind everyone on 'Behaviour of Officials'. Even if we are being slightly hard done to, there must be a reason why we're so much worse than everyone else. It seems such a stupid thing for us to be losing marks on as well, because it doesn't actually have any effect whatsoever on the pitch.

Does anyone know what sort things are covered in 'Behaviour of Officials'? I have noticed that Hughes has been one of the whiniest managers this season regarding the performance of referees, do things like that fall in to that category?

Does anyone know what sort things are covered in 'Behaviour of Officials'? I have noticed that Hughes has been one of the whiniest managers this season regarding the performance of referees, do things like that fall in to that category?

He hasn't been charged once though and other premiership managers have! Strange how we get the bad rep and they don't in that table.

We have a suspended fine from last year that will be inforced and i suspect a further fine this year, with another figure suspended pending good behavior. We do have to watch this next season, no doubt the FA will deduct us points, despite the fact that West Ham could player illegal players for the whole season and not lose points. :wacko:

Pretty much a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. Just easy ammunition for the 'Dirty Rovers' media brigade.

5 categories for being awarded pts and only 1 really seems to be easily quantifiable (that being Red & Yellow Cards)? Doesn't seem too fair to me.

The rest of 'em are far too open to referee interpretations & opinions, so not sure how that can be fairly applied throughout a season, given their current levels of consistency (ie. leniency for Paul Scholes, because the kid just can't tackle!). At what point do you upgrade a 'Respect Towards Opponent' from say, a 3 to a 5? Or does a dirty look / refusual to give the ball back hit you with a -1, -2 or -3?

I'd take alot more notice if the scores for all sections per match were released in some format / score card post-game. Or at least if the guidelines were made clear, we could try and see how the referee was interpreting a particular game's 'Positive Play', etc. <_<

Funnily enough, there doesn't seem to be a link to any of that, though..........Could be interesting to see how MGP getting punched in the neck at St James' was scored.

So Morten got punched by Jaskeleinen, grabbed by the throat by Arteta and pushed in the neck at Newcastle. He's obviously a disgustingly disruptive player..... :rock:

The Fair Play League is a complete and utter joke. More like a 'Fair'-ytale :angry:

I'd absolutely love to know how our respect towards officials and opponents is much worse than Man U's, who have one of the highest scores for those. I think that such an explanation would be absolutely HYSTERICAL.

Is 'behaviour of officials' the behavior of our club officials?

Archived