BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

equally happy either way, this week has ended brilliantly the 2 old buggers are out of contention and we've the choice of 2 exciting prospects!

added to that kewell looks likely to go to roma- always feared he would end up here similar to the way i feel saha may end up here! Its all good :rolleyes:

I think Paul Ince will be bringing Ray Mathias with him.

Just remembered Ince got Mathias to call Roque's agent to ask if he was staying a few days ago...forgot to mention that...blame old age.

How very interesting, what did Rocky say?

..... and his answer was .....?

From that particular agent...no problem, he is staying.

But as I said a year ago when he signed - and more recently when he was in France with Paraguay - there are other people hanging round Roque who would like him to move.

From that particular agent...no problem, he is staying.

But as I said a year ago when he signed - and more recently when he was in France with Paraguay - there are other people hanging round Roque who would like him to move.

good news then i suppose

i wonder whether JW and the board decided aginst mclaren and allarcyce , because of the outcry from rovers fans on this and other fans forums or was it down to them thinking that mclaren and allardyce , just wern't good enough for blackburn rovers , i some ways i hope its the latter

nicko do u think rovers wud be prepared to to sell santa cruz and bentley. i wud keep santa out of the 2 simply beacuse hes a goal socrer and goot everying he needs tpo be a top class striker which he is, and simply i cant wait to see the back of bentley, who think hes a hard man, id luv if chelsea or liverpool came in for him, payed 13-14 million for him and he went there a simply hardly played. then we cud laught at him so much

Nicko, do us all a favour... write about how mixed the feelings are with regards to appointing Ince, and juxtapose that with how overwhelmingly popular Laudrup is as a candidate? I know John Williams has not ever let the club down, but it is incredibly baffling how we could choose Ince over Laudrup. Quite honestly, appointing Ince over Laudrup would be a massive let-down for many, many Rovers fans. While most Rovers fan could have made ourselves accept Ince if it was between him, BFS and WwB, there is just no way we could deceive ourselves that Ince was the better choice over Laudrup. It's so clear its a no brainer. *Frustrated!*

Good use of the word juxtapose!

Thank the lord BFS and McLaren out of the running - C'mon Incey

nicko do u think rovers wud be prepared to to sell santa cruz and bentley. i wud keep santa out of the 2 simply beacuse hes a goal socrer and goot everying he needs tpo be a top class striker which he is, and simply i cant wait to see the back of bentley, who think hes a hard man, id luv im chelsea or liverpool came in for him and he went there a simply hardly played. then we cud laught at him so much

It would come down to the size of the bids in both cases - and also the size of the club.

Bentley will cost £15 million possibly plus...and he says he wants Champions League football...so I still don't know who fits that bill apart from Liverpool.

Roque is a different case...if a big club comes in he may be interested...but is he really a top-four player?...not entirely sure...had a terrific first season and is a good player and fine goalscorer...but may come up short of the very top level...so who else could pay the fee and attract him?

There is bound to be interest in the pair once the new manager comes in, but there is no-one ready and waiting right now for either player who ticks all of the boxes.

If you got £15 million for each I would sell.

You could buy the whole of Milton Keynes never mind the team... :lol:

It would come down to the size of the bids in both cases - and also the size of the club.

Bentley will cost £15 million possibly plus...and he says he wants Champions League football...so I still don't know who fits that bill apart from Liverpool.

Roque is a different case...if a big club comes in he may be interested...but is he really a top-four player?...not entirely sure...had a terrific first season and is a good player and fine goalscorer...but may come up short of the very top level...so who else could pay the fee and attract him?

There is bound to be interest in the pair once the new manager comes in, but there is no-one ready and waiting right now for either player who ticks all of the boxes.

We would need more than £500 million just to sort out the road system there

yeh ur right there, we cud get the whole mk dons side for 5 million if were lucky, if and when ince becomes rovers manger do u think he wud go back to his old club and bring any player who he thinks is good enough for the prem with him

nicko

in santa cruz's case , the way he played last year and the fact he's scoring goals at international level ; is there a chance a major european club could come in for him , maybe milan who are chasing adebayor or barca who are shipping out players especially forwards , left right and centre?

yeh ur right there, we cud get the whole mk dons side for 5 million if were lucky, if and when ince becomes rovers manger do u think he wud go back to his old club and bring any player who he thinks is good enough for the prem with him

I would be totally amazed if he did. Let's leave signing targets for next week...and get this one over the line first.

nicko

in santa cruz's case , the way he played last year and the fact he's scoring goals at international level ; is there a chance a major european club could come in for him , maybe milan who are chasing adebayor or barca who are shipping out players especially forwards , left right and centre?

I wouldn't rule it out...the transfer market is yet to really swing into action.

I think Milan and Barca will look at Adebayor and Berbatov first all right and probably get them.

You have to hope that Arsenal push the boat out to keep Adebayopr or else there is a danger that Arsenal will sniff at Roque...although he is NOT their first choice.

Spurs will sell Berbatov if the money is right - it will pay for a few of their other signings.

nicko

I wouldn't rule it out...the transfer market is yet to really swing into action.

I think Milan and Barca will look at Adebayor and Berbatov first all right and probably get them.

You have to hope that Arsenal push the boat out to keep Adebayopr or else there is a danger that Arsenal will sniff at Roque...although he is NOT their first choice.

Spurs will sell Berbatov if the money is right - it will pay for a few of their other signings.

So for all of us who desperately want Laudrup there is nothing to look forward to? is it literally a case of getting the badge situation sorted out with the premier league and ince being installed or is there still a fair chance that Laudrup could take over? i want to know whether i should be looking forward to the next few days or just see them as time before Ince is confirmed. Basically i dont want to get my hopes up for nothing.

:lol: Surely it would cost more than £250 per roundabout.

As a former resident of Milton Keynes (for 10 years), I'd take issue about the road system. It's the most logical one anywhere in Britain, and until relatively recently was unburdened by those darn silly traffic light thingys. Roundabouts are the way to go- I could get into work in about 10 minutes from 6 Miles away and there was loads of parking.

But the best thing was as it was a grid, there were infinite numbers of ways to get to anywhere.

Living in London now, I miss the simplicity. And speed of travel!

Archived