BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know for a fact one of the major reasons the club wanted Shearer was that they thought he'd sell tickets. I wonder if Ince (who has been very vocal about there being a lack of black managers in the Premiership), is viewed as someone who could attract other minorities in Blackburn to come down to Ewood.

Nah wrong sort LW .... If that was the intention Abu Hamza or similar would have been interviewed.

I don't like the colour issue that's being brought into it, some parts of the media seem to be backing Ince because of the lack of Black managers in the league and they are making claims that the premier league is racist. I keep seeing quotes in many articles saying "he will be the first black Briton to manage in the premier league."

For example

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4175673.ece

The colour of the manager's skin should be irrelevant, managers should be appointed based on their ability or their potential to drive a club forward.

So what exactly was the reason then for Uriah Rennie being elevated to the premier League referees listings? :lol:

- Alvarez Recreativo Getafe n/a

- Blanco Sevilla Getafe 3,000,000

- Braulio Atletico Madrid Getafe Loan

- Diaz Boca Juniors Getafe 4,000,000

- Hernandez Valencia Getafe Loan

- K. Blanco Sevilla Getafe n/a

- Pallardo Valencia Getafe Loan

- Signorino Nantes Getafe 1,500,000

- Utsari Independiente Getafe 6,000,000

- Verpakovskis Dynamo Kiev Getafe Loan

OK, we have the prices, do we have any info on how well these players performed, did they slot into the team as was hoped are are there some bombs in there?

Is that a straight swap? or money plus a player?

Is it either Michael Bridges or Ryan France like I'd heard?

It's a deal I'd like to see go through... every game I've seen Halmosi play in, I've thought he looked Prem class... people rave about Zoltan Gera's ability (Halmosi's international team-mate) yet I think Halmosi is the better player... maybe something to do with him being at Plymouth? looking back at all their players from the past year, Holloway had created a pretty decent side there.

Do they have money trouble or something? ...they're selling at a Luton rate.

Also, not sure if anyone has seen this;

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20062008/1/g...ouble-deal.html

Hmm... double standards? ...Villa cry about Liverpool expressing they want to buy Barry, yet one of their players openly states to the press he wants his club to buy Bentley.

Well Gerrard appears to have escaped censure for his comments on wanting to play alongside Gareth Barry .... for Lpool that is.

would love to see Laudrup as manager having us play with the sort of attacking football he showcased at Getafe. The only question is what's the chant gonna be "Michael Laudrups blue 'n' white army"

or "Mike Laudrups blue 'n' white army :rover:

Who thinks Ronaldo will leave United this summer?

I'm surprised to find that he's 7/4 to be a United player on September the 1st. He's 2/5 to be a Madrid player. (Blue Square)

Wonder what Nicko makes of this - but my feeling is that he'll still be at United.

There are a lot of people wanting to back Ince on betfair - just look at the lay columns.

Been watching it for the last 20 minutes and in that time just under £3k has been put on Paul Ince - while only £203 was placed on Laudrup.

I'm pretty sure Ince is the one we're getting.

All those who voted in favour of ML... how about a NO INCE Facebook thing?? ;)

Clearly the club values our opinion... lets voice it!

There are at least 2 pro-Laudrup ones if that sort of foolishness floats your boat.

I joined the pro-Waggy one

Who thinks Ronaldo will leave United this summer?

I'm surprised to find that he's 7/4 to be a United player on September the 1st. He's 2/5 to be a Madrid player. (Blue Square)

Wonder what Nicko makes of this - but my feeling is that he'll still be at United.

Dunno, but you can bet he'll be happy to take the Stretford Redsox's money whilst he's recuperating from the foot operation he reckons he's going to have.

Tosser.

There are a lot of people wanting to back Ince on betfair - just look at the lay columns.

Been watching it for the last 20 minutes and in that time just under £3k has been put on Paul Ince - while only £203 was placed on Laudrup.

I predict a riot....

So what exactly was the reason then for Uriah Rennie being elevated to the premier League referees listings? :lol:

I must admit when Rennie first `broke` into the top flight referees list i actually thought he was outstanding.It was after the first 12-18 months when i guess his boots started growing too big for him that he went downhill and ended up being as bad as the others.

I must admit when Rennie first `broke` into the top flight referees list i actually thought he was outstanding.It was after the first 12-18 months when i guess his boots started growing too big for him that he went downhill and ended up being as bad as the others.

I'd say he is outstanding again now after earning his way back into the Premier League following a demotion to the Coca Cola List.

Everything is still pointing to Ince getting the Rovers except for that Darren Lewis article in the Mirror- a rant from a losing candidate's backer if ever there was one.

If Laudrup was to get the Rovers job, I expect to see a certain Darren Lewis spit blood and have rant at why should lil ol' Rovers even have the nerve to have considered him over his 'mate' Incey. Nicko, next time you see Darren, give him a slap for us :lol:

Either way, at this stage its going to be a tough call for JW and the board to pick between two potentially good candidates. I don't envy them at all.

You really are a grade A cretin sometimes.

Is Uriah the only useless referee?

Just to redress the balance mr pcbucky.... the best refs that I have seen have been Howard webb, Martin Atkinson and a little IndoPak type chappy who I saw ref us at Ewood twice during our years in Div1. He was bloody excellent and I thought he was sure to be elevated to the prem. But for some reason he never has.

So there you have it....... sorry to disappoint you. <_<

MANAGERIAL PROGRESS - none that I am aware of, but it was always going to be a slow ring-round on Ince - they have to make it look thorough. ;)

SIGNINGS OR SALES - there won't be any just now. Bentley and Spurs keeps getting mentioned but when did they rob a bank. Roque is a worry if Adebayor moves...but that's for another week.

INCE NO BADGES - perhaps he didn't have the time, but more likely didn't have the inclination.

RONALDO - said a long time ago I had heard there was a fixed fee price clause...if it happens at 80 million euros we will know for sure...but don't discount Barcelona trying top do Real at the end.

Any other subjects not intentionally ignored...I've got a Sunday paper to satisfy for a few hours. Which is a horrible mental picture.

In the 15 mins since I posted this almost £5,500 has gone on Ince - and £8 on Laudrup.

All the bookies are cutting Inces odds - I've a feeling we're getting closer to an annoucement.

I'd say he is outstanding again now after earning his way back into the Premier League following a demotion to the Coca Cola List.

Once they start officiating in the Prem, the suspicion is that under the glare of the media and latent menace of the 'Top 4' they loose all objectivity.

Archived