BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to frustrate the life out of you...

I hear some of the Premier League chairmen are on holiday and out of reach. Therefore the 'soundings' process may drag...that would explain the delay.

Thats a 60's thing Alan. I can't honestly think of ANYBODY that is uncontactable nowadays..... unless they dont want to be contacted. Agbonlahore anybody?

Just to frustrate the life out of you...

I hear some of the Premier League chairmen are on holiday and out of reach. Therefore the 'soundings' process may drag...that would explain the delay.

Rovers won't do this until they know there will be NO protest.

Is there any chance JW might change his mind? Maybe he'll somehow find out that the fans overwhelmingly want Laudrup? ;)

The cock-up theory of history is invariably more convincing than the conspiracy theory.

Given the winners get to write history, they invariable create a grand plan or theory out of the miriad of minutiae and disparate events that happen in the lives of busy people to replace the adjective lucky with genius. That said, winners are usually the ones who have the ability and freedom to interpolate and understand what is happening rather than seeing life through a fixed lens.

Talking of busy people, I'd better get my tail out of here!

b]

Now anybody agree? Or should I be really writing cloak and dagger fiction novels? :huh::rover:

On the other hand the board may be panicking and desperate because of the shortcomings of the other candidates.

Alan Nixon was always going to return btw, ; he loves the attention and probably has more readers here than in the failing Mirror.

Thats a 60's thing Alan. I can't honestly think of ANYBODY that is uncontactable nowadays..... unless they dont want to be contacted. Agbonlahore anybody?

I know of one chairman they tried to reach last night...and nobody knew where he was.

I promise you, that is the case. I won't name him for fear of embarassing the guy and outing a source.

We give clubs more credit for organisation than they deserve.

But it's a good yarn all the same! :)

Short of losing £50 I'd like to see Laudrup come in. I'm not so sure he'd be so quick to give up the Premiership for Spain given that it's the league to be in etc. I think we'd have a better chance of attaining and retaining good players with him at the helm.

Regardless though, JW has spoken to both of them. It was ridiculous he flew to Switzerland to speak to Beenhakker and I never bought it. Laudrup probably represents the upper end of what's likely to be available to us and if after speaking to him JW decides Ince is the better bet then his track record mandates we back his decision and you couldn't say he'd made too bad a fist of the job search given the time & resource available.

Alan Nixon was always going to return btw, ; he loves the attention and probably has more readers here than in the failing Mirror.

'Loves the attention' is like saying you like to be stalked.

But you might be right about the Mirror readers... ;)

I wonder also what chairman are potentially likely to object to an Ince appointment without being smoothed over. I couldn't see Newcastle or Boro piping up, or City / Chelsea seeing as they were actively looking to put us in this situation. Perhaps a club who were previously told they couldn't have someone will be a sticking point?

Nicko - Why are you so sure that Ince is Rover's first choice?

Ask one question - who leaked that Laudrup met Rovers? Clue - it wasn't Rovers. Laudrup's camp want it out there after meeting John Williams and then being overlooked for a couple of days.

I would still say it is Ince...subject to 'approval.'

I wonder also what chairman are potentially likely to object to an Ince appointment without being smoothed over. I couldn't see Newcastle or Boro piping up, or City / Chelsea seeing as they were actively looking to put us in this situation. Perhaps a club who were previously told they couldn't have someone will be a sticking point?

I'm sure if they know it's Laudrup or Ince, they'd rather have Ince taking over. Unless Ince adapts very very quickly, we'll be less of a threat to other clubs in the league. Didn't RFW fall out with Ince, maybe he'l throw a spanner in the works and we'll end up with Laudrup :-D

This is a funny one.

You wonder what John Williams and the board are thinking right now at this very moment. This is such a big call.

Paul Ince...possibly pushing too hard? Why? And do Rovers like that kind of thing? Is it a sign of desperation to get the job or arrogance that he should have it already? Rovers have got him top of the list but still have to resolve the Premier League chairmen's feelings on this appointment.

Michael Laudrup...his agent is saying nice things but it sounds to me like he is trying to get back in the race.

More questions than answers right now.

I wouldn't want to be steering this one home myself.

It's tough.

The ony news I will find out in the next few hours is what the Premier League reaction is...get back on that one.

I can imagine Incey is already ###### off. I think he's been thinking he had it. Tough call for me.

With everyone singing John Williams praises, is it possible he's talked himself into job offers from other sources?

Laudrup quoting "In 20 years of working in football I have not come across a chairman as impressive as John Williams".

The difference between brown nosing and ass kissing?? Depth perception.

'Loves the attention' is like saying you like to be stalked.

But you might be right about the Mirror readers... ;)

Nicko - it might be worth you putting across your side of the story as to why you contribute to this particular MB. Though I am sure there would be a number who would still doubt your motives - I (for one) would take what you said at face value.

There are some people on here who also have some insight into the workings of the club (though it would appear nowhere near as good contacts as you have) - if you are using this forum as a way of cross checking leads, as well as gaining new ones - I am sure nobody would object. I bet no other MB has somebody giving as informed and up to date info as you bring.

P.S. Glad to see you back - don't know what was said - though it is a free country - I hope it wasn't too offensive.

I would love to tell you how Laudrup came up...I can't because it came from a PM and I always treat them in confidence.

Would that poster drop a hint.

It is quite an amusing little tale...and no conspiracy theory.

I know you and Gordon Brown are fellow countrymen but how do you know the Prime Minister.

How does he know Rovers manager business :wacko::rolleyes: ?

I would love to tell you how Laudrup came up...I can't because it came from a PM and I always treat them in confidence.

Would that poster drop a hint.

It is quite an amusing little tale...and no conspiracy theory.

PM the person, ask em to share

OK, so what's up with the sudden invasion of guest readers on this thread? 78 guests reading it at the moment - methinks this thread has been linked to on various forums the past couple of days.

Theres no reason why most of the guests reading the forum aren't actually members. I rarely post but enjoy reading what other people have to say so I don't feel the need to login. I'm sure theres plenty of other rovers fans that do the same.

Nicko - Why are you so sure that Ince is Rover's first choice?

Because they have been working on getting approval for him for over a day...

Because they spoke to the Premier League about the snag after interviewing him [unofficially, of course]...

Because Ince thinks so [although he has thought so about other jobs]...

Because there has been contact with MK Dons although it is obviously a confidential one...

Theres no reason why most of the guests reading the forum aren't actually members. I rarely post but enjoy reading what other people have to say so I don't feel the need to login. I'm sure theres plenty of other rovers fans that do the same.

Correct. I usually just read, as I never really have anything good to say, ha, but I've been posting recently as I've enjoyed Nicko's posts recently and wanted to react to them, plus I was posting asking Nicko to come back! Don't know what the mods think about members who register and not say much, but I hope they're ok with it!

Anyway, come on Nicko, use your magical powers to get us Laudrup! ;)

Archived