BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

If nothing else is achieved by this management selection process, the fact we have Michael Laudrup's people going publicly to the press to argue for Laudrup's candidacy for the Rovers' job will shut everybody up who was laughing about the candidates for our Manager's job.

I massively prefer Laudrup over Ince but as I wrote yesterday, whichever of the two gets it has beaten an extraordinarily strong adversary.

In John Williams I trust.

It's a shame that 80% of the posters on here over the last week had all forgotten how good JW is. I've read far too many quotes from people questioning him for having a rubbish shortlist, when it was plain to see that they were doing things in the right way.

Regardless of whether we appoint Ince or Laudrup - there will be huge reasons why JW and board make their decision. Have a bit of faith, from the best run board in the premier league.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite new to this forum, but your contribution adds a special twist to the speculation. Thanks for making yourself available in this way.

What is the real story behind the Laudrup PR.? Is it just that, PR? Does he know that the job is going to Ince and he is now raising his profile for others? Or does he now (at this late stage) genuinely want the Rovers job.

Was it SSN who broke the story, and if so why do editors (e.g. on the Telegraph) accept pieces which just repeat other reports?

I might be wrong, but didn't they talk to Hughes 3 times before he was appointed?

i think i read somewhere in the nicko part 3 thread that they talked 4 times but i have no idea really. i would really prefer laudrup. no doubt about that. although he will probably move elsewhere after a few years, i still think he has more power and respect than incey. that way he might make a few bargains along the way. so can ince but i prefer laudrup. then when he leaves, brian can take over :rolleyes:

If nothing else is achieved by this management selection process, the fact we have Michael Laudrup's people going publicly to the press to argue for Laudrup's candidacy for the Rovers' job will shut everybody up who was laughing about the candidates for our Manager's job.

I massively prefer Laudrup over Ince but as I wrote yesterday, whichever of the two gets it has beaten an extraordinarily strong adversary.

In John Williams I trust.

Although I can not see it happen, I would not mind seeing Laudrup as manager and Ince involved - possible no 2 to allow the latter to get his qualifications - allowing Laudrup to leave, if he wishes, when he wants once Ince is qualified.

Welcome back Nicko, good to have you back on board.

I hope this now puts an end to the mod bashing that we've seen over the last 24 hours. I think people need to remember that we all have our day jobs and that we are trying to do the best for the site. Its not nice coming onto the site, trying to keep everything on track and then being slated for your actions (cheers Fife, thought you were better than that).

I've been doing this for 8 or 9 years now, you really do wonder why you bother some times. Yesterday wasn't the first time I've seriously thought about asking for my account to be deleted. Don't need the hassle that goes with it to be fair. I hope people can realise that we dealt with yesterday in the best way that we could for all parties. It's all been resolved and I hope everyone can now move forward.

Therefore I think the two of them are the candidates for the hot seat and JW and the board haven't been able to decide who to bring in.

That's why they have delayed the decision until monday so that they will be able to talk to both of them again.

This is a funny one.

You wonder what John Williams and the board are thinking right now at this very moment. This is such a big call.

Paul Ince...possibly pushing too hard? Why? And do Rovers like that kind of thing? Is it a sign of desperation to get the job or arrogance that he should have it already? Rovers have got him top of the list but still have to resolve the Premier League chairmen's feelings on this appointment.

Michael Laudrup...his agent is saying nice things but it sounds to me like he is trying to get back in the race.

More questions than answers right now.

I wouldn't want to be steering this one home myself.

It's tough.

The ony news I will find out in the next few hours is what the Premier League reaction is...get back on that one.

yep. the difference between ince and laudrup are mainly gut-feeling. and since laudrup have a bit more experience on a high level i would prefer him. but ideally i dont know if i would have any. then again i trust the board to do the right thing.

anyone think there might be a jack walker "ghost" hanging over rovers to appoint someone british? i know he didnt like foreign players, and surely did not want foreign managers? if the candidates are otherwise more or less the same...

yep. the difference between ince and laudrup are mainly gut-feeling. and since laudrup have a bit more experience on a high level i would prefer him. but ideally i dont know if i would have any. then again i trust the board to do the right thing.

anyone think there might be a jack walker "ghost" hanging over rovers to appoint someone british? i know he didnt like foreign players, and surely did not want foreign managers? if the candidates are otherwise more or less the same...

Where did you conclude that idea from.

Sven !

and the list of foriegn players endless.

This is a funny one.

You wonder what John Williams and the board are thinking right now at this very moment. This is such a big call.

Paul Ince...possibly pushing too hard? Why? And do Rovers like that kind of thing? Is it a sign of desperation to get the job or arrogance that he should have it already? Rovers have got him top of the list but still have to resolve the Premier League chairmen's feelings on this appointment.

Michael Laudrup...his agent is saying nice things but it sounds to me like he is trying to get back in the race.

It's tough.

The ony news I will find out in the next few hours is what the Premier League reaction is...get back on that one.

Any chance JW might have a change of heart?

Where did you conclude that idea from.

Sven !

and the list of foriegn players endless.

he refused to have zidane bacuase we had sherwood, didnt he? i think i have been told more than one time that he wanted rovers to stay as british as possible, but of course thats not always easy.

Poll added as requested. It's a seperate thread and I'll pin it now

Incidentally Ricky, a huge thanks to you and all the mods. I thought you handled yesterday very well and you all usually get the judgement calls spot on.

Good to see nicko back.

Hawkizz - Rumour has it it, that the decision to not buy Zindane was more about loyality to the players that won the title. Its an obvious shame - as we would probably still be a top 4 club now.

In my eyes Jack will always be the dream maker - but it does show what can happen when a rich owner interferes with his managers choices (though as it was his money - it was very much his choice). If to be believed - I also recollect that this decision had a bearing on Dalglish stepping down.

Losing out on Zindane is similar to us losing out on Ronaldo (after Shearer left we apparently bid for him - but an agreement for him to join Barca had already been agreed) - what could have been :rock:

First at foremost, welcome back Nicko and i must note there is a better mood in the thread already.

JW is a top man, he runs this club so well. I have 110% belief in him.

If he appoints Ince over Laudrup then abviously there is something not right about ML for Blackburn.

Personally, i would like to give Laudrup the chance but Ince is my second candidate.

There should be an announcement by the club today, no necessarily an appointment; but they should keep us updated.

With everyone singing John Williams praises, is it possible he's talked himself into job offers from other sources?

Laudrup quoting "In 20 years of working in football I have not come across a chairman as impressive as John Williams".

This is a funny one.

It's tough.

Welcome back big lad :tu:

I'm coming round to the Ince idea - I think it was the inference that he reminded the board of Hughes. Can't be bad. This Laudrup thing is in another league - that would raise our profile innumerably. Either way, we're away from BFS and WWtB, which can't be bad.

Cheers for the Lafferty info btw - glad that's gone through. I see Coyley is still having trouble convincing Falkirks finest ;)

With everyone singing John Williams praises, is it possible he's talked himself into job offers from other sources?

Laudrup quoting "In 20 years of working in football I have not come across a chairman as impressive as John Williams".

I think there has been offers in the past - I beleive his standing inthe game was already high prior to ML's agent coming out with their statement - maybe Nicko could confirm

Archived