BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko, I posted this yesterday, but this thread moves so fast it is probably way back in the pages.

It was reported yesterday that Man Utd were in for Santa Cruz & would offer Saha as 'bait'

Surely with Saha's injury record, that wouldn't be a wise move. Heard anything?

• Backroom
Don't know what the mods think about members who register and not say much, but I hope they're ok with it!

Not a problem Mr B.. join in the discussions or not - however you see fit ;)

- Alvarez Recreativo Getafe n/a

- Blanco Sevilla Getafe 3,000,000

- Braulio Atletico Madrid Getafe Loan

- Diaz Boca Juniors Getafe 4,000,000

- Hernandez Valencia Getafe Loan

- K. Blanco Sevilla Getafe n/a

- Pallardo Valencia Getafe Loan

- Signorino Nantes Getafe 1,500,000

- Utsari Independiente Getafe 6,000,000

- Verpakovskis Dynamo Kiev Getafe Loan

That is £11.4 million in pounds. Similar to what his budget would be here. This season anyway.

Nicko, I posted this yesterday, but this thread moves so fast it is probably way back in the pages.

It was reported yesterday that Man Utd were in for Santa Cruz & would offer Saha as 'bait'

Surely with Saha's injury record, that wouldn't be a wise move. Heard anything?

That was in one of the sunday papers a few weeks back. I dont know what Nicko thinks but I would think that even if it was true at the time it will be up to the new manager who goes where and who comes in so stories like this are nonsense until the new guy comes in.

Am I right in thinking that if any premier league chairmen reject Ince as being Blackburn boss as he has not got the qualifications or the premier league hold the stance then we will go straight to Laudrup as boss ? Is this what news we are waiting for ?

Exactly what I was thinking. If they for some reason reject Ince I think Laudrup is the man. It could also mean that they want to know for a fact that they can hire Ince before they make a qualified choice. I always liked Laudrup as a player and he has started well as a manager but it's a tough choice - I'm glad I'm not making it.

I just can not see past Michael Laudrup on this one. His playing career at Ajax, Juventus, Real Madrid and Barcelona must have given him hughe experience in terms of being part of a "winners-culture" and learning from the best in the game. I know Ince also have been playing with the best, but I fear that Ince might be a young man's Souness. In that I mean loads of screaming and shouting and a conservative management style.

Laudrup too me seems like a class act, and would surely raise the profile of Blackburn Rovers! If we end up with Ince it will be like flirting with a hot girl all night while ending up with a desperate less attractive lass which is currently married to the CEO of a crappy little kebab restaurant...

I don't like the colour issue that's being brought into it, some parts of the media seem to be backing Ince because of the lack of Black managers in the league and they are making claims that the premier league is racist. I keep seeing quotes in many articles saying "he will be the first black Briton to manage in the premier league."

For example

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4175673.ece

The colour of the manager's skin should be irrelevant, managers should be appointed based on their ability or their potential to drive a club forward.

exactly. its just crap. its equally racist to appoint him BECAUSE he is black. who cares what colour they have?? stupid.

Clearly Laudrap is the better candidate than Ince in most respects. There is little doubt about that.

The only reason he has not already been signed on imo is that JW has doubts about his long term planning for Rovers. Ince on the other hand has got on board with the 4 year plan.

It is utterly important that whoever comes in thinks long term. Even if they do leave after two years due to being very successful the work of whilst the manager at the club has to fit a longer time frame to keep us healthy. No point in buying expensive players close to the end of their career for big bucks for short term sucess so taht the manager can move on. That is a losing strategy for a team who cannot afford to make big waves in the transfer market every season.

So if Laudraup can't imagine himself being at the club in three years time that is no good as inevitably his signings and his approach will reflect that. There will be little value in the long term health of the club.

So we are waiting for two things:

1) Positive feedback from the PL chairmen regarding Ince's appointment.

2) Laudrap making a firm 3 year plus commitment to Rovers.

I guess the Dane is mulling it over now. It is a big opportunity for him and for us, but does he have the stomach for it? I hope so. If he decided to settle down here and make a project of it we are onto a winner. On the other hand it does sound like he is viewing it as a short term position before moving back to Spain.

That is £11.4 million in pounds. Similar to what his budget would be here. This season anyway.

But buying players that can hack it in the Premier league is a different ball game altogether. We have been lucky in the fact that Hughes unearthed some gems for virtually nothing.

All those who voted in favour of ML... how about a NO INCE Facebook thing?? ;)

Clearly the club values our opinion... lets voice it!

As much as I would prefer ML - I still think (unlike BFS) that Ince is a worthy candidate - and one that I would prefer to stay in the running.

With the two people now in the running - I think it is time to trust JW.

The cock-up theory of history is invariably more convincing than the conspiracy theory.

Given the winners get to write history, they invariable create a grand plan or theory out of the miriad of minutiae and disparate events that happen in the lives of busy people to replace the adjective lucky with genius. That said, winners are usually the ones who have the ability and freedom to interpolate and understand what is happening rather than seeing life through a fixed lens.

Talking of busy people, I'd better get my tail out of here!

:blink::wacko:

Are you doing drugs now philip?

By the way, I believe there is a great irony in the Laudrup thing.

Someone sent me a PM at the time about how he came into the frame.

If they want to share it would raise a giggle...

My guess is that John Williams read this messageboard.

Archived