BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

Nicko, I'm sorry if this have been mentioned earlier, but will you say that Ten Cate is definitely out of the running now?

I made an optimistic pestering phone call to that camp this morning. They were mildly surprised Rovers had gone for Ince because Rovers wanted to avoid to go for a 'difficult appointment' after both sides had drawn back over the Ten Cate Chelsea pay-out/block issue.

Is getting approval for an unqualified boss easier to do than sort out Chelsea and find a few more quid?

I tend to agree, but we move on.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
would love to see Laudrup as manager having us play with the sort of attacking football he showcased at Getafe. The only question is what's the chant gonna be "Michael Laudrups blue 'n' white army"

or "Mike Laudrups blue 'n' white army :rover:

got to be " Mister Laudrop's blu n whi tarmi" surely!

I'd say he is outstanding again now after earning his way back into the Premier League following a demotion to the Coca Cola List.

I'd agree that he's improved (even if he is an unfit fat git) and one thing that I will never level at Rennie is that he was ever biased..... BUT he was absolutely crap when he was first elevated to the Prem, kung fu and agent and all. His quick demotion bore that out..... bucky! I still refuse to believe that he had been promoted initially on ability.

What's baffling about it?

Laudrup has slightly more experience than Ince but not that much more.

Plus Ince might have shown greater hunger for it when spoken to.

Slightly more experience?! Laudrup assistant managed Denmark from 2000-2002, managed Brondby (one of Denmarks biggest clubs) from 2002-2006 and also competed in Europe with them, and then managed Getafe in La Liga last season and got them to the UEFA cup quarters. Not only is that much more experience than Ince (managed two clubs in the lowest league of professional football here since 2006), he's also done it at a much higher level.

Laudrup has a reputation for playing attacking football and he's bound to have more contacts than Ince in the game too.

Maybe Ince did show more hunger, but thats understandable. He's working his way up three whole divisions, whereas Laudrup would be doing what is basically a sideways move, Ince is absolutely desperate to get this job. But Laudrup really wants this job too (otherwise he wouldnt have had his agent spout the JW praises in the paper) and you can be sure both would give their all into it, for their own sakes if nothing else.

Long term commitment (3-4 years) to the club I would say. Pretty good reason.

And if a big club comes in for him it will have meant he'll have done an excellent job!

You think that if Ince does a good job and a big club come in a couple of years he wouldnt be off?!

Remember Laudrup spent 4 years at Brondby.

Ince = more hunger?

Got to question why he does not have his badges yet then.......

In his defence it would be extremely hard to take the badges whilst running a club. Hughes only had six games a year with Wales.

On the other hand he did have the summers.....

How can you dream stuff like that up pafell? The idea is absolutely ludicrous.

Maybe I didn't word correctly my post. I just think that even if a person gets the required qualifications, they still need to learn a job. One way of learning is to be with somebody with more experience. I meant to say that it would do Ince good to learn from somebody with more experience, such as Laudrup.

Ironically, I believe Ray Matthias has more experience as a manager than Ince does, yet he is Ince's number 2. So Ince must realise himself he needs somebody more experienced along side him.

And if a big club comes in for him it will have meant he'll have done an excellent job!

You think that if Ince does a good job and a big club come knowing in a couple of years he wouldnt be off?!

Remember Laudrup spent 4 years at Brondby.

All that is true but my point is when JW and laudrap sat down Laudrup might not have offered/accepted a serious commitment to the club (ie. a 3 or 4 year contract) and only wanted a one or two yeal deal. To JW and the club i am sure that would be unacceptable.

Ince on the other hand I imagine would be Jakey about such an arrangement.

That would be consistent with what is going on and the quotes that have come out.

Whilst I have spent over a week as a mere guest reading as your very well informed Nicko has been the only info about Ince as we have no info coming from our club.

Yes that means I am an MKDons supporter but I am only here to comment on what Ince has said in the article part of which quoted below.

Because we heard something similar at the beginning of last season. But he did make it quite clear from day one that we where a step on his managerail ladder, as long as he could see the way the club was going and the finances where there he would stay.

In fact at the end of last season he said he wanted to leave a legecy at the club.

Don't get me wrong he did what he was asked to do, get us promoted the league trophy was a bonus.

I know got the team playing football the right way on the floor and only long ball, if sometimes the conditions (lge 2 pitches I''m taking about) or the oppostion left no choice.

As much as you want someone appointed, we want him to go if he's going.

Long term commitment (3-4 years) to the club I would say. Pretty good reason.

What's baffling about it?

Laudrup has slightly more experience than Ince but not that much more.

Plus Ince might have shown greater hunger for it when spoken to.

Agree that Ince might well have come across better but why are we interviewing candidates who don't have the qualifications required? We are going cap in hand and pleading with the Premier League to break their rules so we can appoint a Fourth Division manager and his assistant. I just find it a tad depressing. If Ince was serious about his ambitions to manage in the Premier League he would have moved heaven and earth to get his badges done. Hughes and his backroom team did - why not Ince?

Laudrup has some experience in a League that is similar to the Premier League. Ince has only managed in the Fourth Division and it's light years from the Premier League. We know he was hugely successful at MK Dons but then he had more resources than most other managers in that division.

Ultimately, whoever we appoint is going to be a gamble but I can only assume that John Williams has satisfield himself that Ince is well versed in all the modern technology and coaching methods that the previous management team used so well. I would hate to go back to the old training methods of the final stages of the Souness reign.

is there any new news abaut the takeover nicko

An awful lot of handbag-waving at the moment...it might all be more clear shortly.

I realise there is a managerial issue here but the club seem unable to find a fax machine or a first class stamp to provide the info Chris Ronnie wants.

All that is true but my point is when JW and laudrap sat down Laudrup might not have offered/accepted a serious commitment to the club (ie. a 3 or 4 year contract) and only wanted a one or two yeal deal. To JW and the club i am sure that would be unacceptable.

Ince on the other hand I imagine would be Jakey about such an arrangement.

That would be consistent with what is going on and the quotes that have come out.

I'd rather have Laudrup here for 2 years, get us into Europe and have us play attacking football rather than have Ince stay for a few years and for us to languish in mid-table.

Archived