BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

There's nothing to stop either of the candidates blowing smoke up JW's @rse though is there and saying they would commit to three or four years service, it's not as if a contract is anything to stick by these days is it...

I am speculating, but I would say that simply Laudrap does not want to sign a long term deal. A contract would seriously limit his options to move on as most clubs would not be able to afford a buyout for it, especially clubs outside the top 4 or so in Spain, or any club in Scandinavia.

Basically I just suspect JW has met Ladraup and was not convinced he really wanted that job. And consdiering he walked out of Getafe after a year, binning his contract, that is something to worry about.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The support for Ince baffles me slightly.

The outrage shown for the potential appointment of BFS appeared to be mostly down to his character, people just didn't want him in charge of Rovers. Now, that's fair enough, you can't really have someone in charge of the team that you hate. The part I don't get though...how is Ince any different? Surely we all hated Ince as a player, and he still sounds like a cockney chav. "it's flattering to be linked y'know, but, like, its all down to my chairman and what he says y'know"* Urgh.

We've had the privilege of having very respectable and eloquent men in charge of Rovers since I can remember, especially Hughes and Souness who always came across as men with a bit of class whenever in front of the camera (I must admit I'm not sure what King Kenny was saying half the time, but I'm sure it was all good). I don't like the thought of Ince in charge of Rovers, it just doesn't feel right.

*I'm paraphrasing there before anyone bites my head off...just so y'know.

The outrage shown for the potential appointment of BFS appeared to be mostly down to his character, people just didn't want him in charge of Rovers. Now, that's fair enough, you can't really have someone in charge of the team that you hate. The part I don't get though...how is Ince any different? Surely we all hated Ince as a player, and he still sounds like a cockney chav. "it's flattering to be linked y'know, but, like, its all down to my chairman and what he says y'know"* Urgh.

We've had the privilege of having very respectable and eloquent men in charge of Rovers since I can remember, especially Hughes and Souness who always came across as men with a bit of class whenever in front of the camera (I must admit I'm not sure what King Kenny was saying half the time, but I'm sure it was all good). I don't like the thought of Ince in charge of Rovers, it just doesn't feel right.

i think with ince we will get something new and it will be interesting to see how we get on. quite exciting. where as with BFS and Mcclaren we all expected dull boring 4-5-1 football.

On that point, I said the same as you a few times - not sure if he is putting it on, but Ince does not speak English properly.

Getting respect at MK Dons would be a tad easier than a Premiership club, especially when saying y'know after every word.

I'd rather have Laudrup here for 2 years, get us into Europe and have us play attacking football rather than have Ince stay for a few years and for us to languish in mid-table.

None of those things are guaranteed.

For us to survive we need a manager who is going to think about long term interests of the club. Why have Rovers consistently performed well despite limited money in recent years?

1) Stability

2) Good management

3) Long term planning

If Laudrup comes in, does okay, buys players and then walks out it could undo all three of those things. We don't want to become a rapidly cyclical club constantly changing our playing and coaching staff. That way would kill us.

Laudrup is the best candidate in terms of record but it is vital he commits. Otherwise it is Ince for me. Stability is key.

None of those things are guaranteed.

For us to survive we need a manager who is going to think about long term interests of the club. Why have Rovers consistently performed well despite limited money in recent years?

1) Stability

2) Good management

3) Long term planning

If Laudrup comes in, does okay, buys players and then walks out it could undo all three of those things. We don't want to become a rapidly cyclical club constantly changing our playing and coaching staff. That way would kill us.

Laudrup is the best candidate in terms of record but it is vital he commits. Otherwise it is Ince for me. Stability is key.

Laudrup's record is infinitely better than Ince's though. Would we appoint McLaren or Allardyce over Laudrup?

To me Ince is in their league, a better choice yes but still in their league.

Laudrup has got a club like us to perform very well on limited resources, he's far more likely to get us into Europe. Ince will need some time to find his feet at the top level and we have absolutely no idea whether he's good enough to manage at this level. We know Laudrup is.

Welcome back Nicko.

After reading what Michael Laudrup's agent said about John Williams, I'm just wondering if you could let us know a little more about John Williams as a person?

What made him join Blackburn Rovers? Whats he like as a person away from the live media? Is he someone a lot of people in the game respect or does he have on-going problems with certain chairmen etc? I also heard a rumour that he's a Southampton fan and was born down here. Obviously if that's the case, he's a bit like me. Maybe he can sort me out with some freebies for his brother from another mother :lol:

I feel that managing lower level sides does not compute to knowing how to handle some of the best players in the world. You have to remember that MK Dons players will look up to Ince as a role model, Premiership players will see him as a great player but lower level manager.

This will not come out to a happy ending with Ince, he will either exceeded all expectations or crash and burn.

We must all look to what lots of people were saying about Mark Hughes last season when we struggled, can you imagine for a second if we are in the lower half of the table (or God forbid) the bottom three at Christmas?

Do you honestly feel that Ince could steady a sinking ship full of players that are more than likely going to be paid more than him?

To me the choice is clear, experience, experience, experience.

Laudrup's record is infinitely better than Ince's though. Would we appoint McLaren or Allardyce over Laudrup?

To me Ince is in their league, a better choice yes but still in their league.

Laudrup has got a club like us to perform very well on limited resources, he's far more likely to get us into Europe. Ince will need some time to find his feet at the top level and we have absolutely no idea whether he's good enough to manage at this level. We know Laudrup is.

Agreed on all those points. On record I favour Laudrap. But I want a manager who is looking at how to build for the next 3 years not just for next year. And I want a manager who is settled here for the immediate future.

That is not clear about the Dane. Stability comes form the boss, if he decides he doesn't fancy it that is absolutely lethal. If he walks out halfway through a season we are screwed, any players he brings in will be massively unsettled and Rovers move from a club renowned for its solid foundations and good management into one in crisis.

My only point is this is probably the reason Ince is currently being preferred. Laudrup needs to show commitment.

I hope over the weekend he thoroughly thinks about it, phones up JW and says "Rovers are the right club for me for the next few years" and signs a three year conract.

If he insists on a short term contract or a long term with get outs we should run a mile.

I also think to maintain/build on Hughes work we need someone with wider experience.

Would command the respect of the dressing room and fans – so important to try and keep our squad intact, then add to it.

Anyone know why BFS has pulled out?

Perhaps he was told he wasn't in the running and wanted to end the speculation before its conclusion.

I've been wondering about Ince's backroom staff. I know Ince will require special dispensation to take up the post, but i was wondering do the backroom staff need a recognised level of coaching qualifications as well?

If this is the case, could you see Ince turning it down if he is granted permission to manage the club but his backroom staff aren't?

Oh dear...this might go on for 48 hours.

Ince has told a couple of pals of mine that he won't have a decision until then.

This is frustrating beyond belief.

He is expecting the job, but I can only assume the hold-up is this Premier League thing.

Working on it...

Perhaps he was told he wasn't in the running and wanted to end the speculation before its conclusion.

I've been wondering about Ince's backroom staff. I know Ince will require special dispensation to take up the post, but i was wondering do the backroom staff need a recognised level of coaching qualifications as well?

If this is the case, could you see Ince turning it down if he is granted permission to manage the club but his backroom staff aren't?

Good question and one I have been interested in myself. I would hope that Ince would bring people with some qualifcations with him. Im not so much against the idea of Ince if he brought in at least half a qualified team of assistants and people who are recognised as good coaches.

My main issue with him is replacing a team of highly qualified intellectuals with league two coaches, surely that wouldn't be the case would it?

Oh dear...this might go on for 48 hours.

Ince has told a couple of pals of mine that he won't have a decision until then.

This is frustrating beyond belief.

He is expecting the job, but I can only assume the hold-up is this Premier League thing.

Working on it...

Its typical that other clubs can get permission to appoint a manager who isn't qualified and yet when we do it there is serious doubts and issues. Has there ever been a case of dispensation not given before?

Doesn't it make a mockery of the whole system if he's granted permission? Southgate argued that, because he'd been playing right up until his appointment, he didn't have time to take the qualifications...which is fair enough.

Ince, however, has had two years to at least start. Why hasn't he? Does he think he's so good he doesn't need to bother? I heard yesterday that the UEFA coaching license courses cost £8,000...maybe he decided he didn't want to pay that and would rather be earning money as a lower-league manager.

Whatever the reasons, it'll be a hell of a difference from the last regime if he gets it. Weren't many of us on here quite proud that we had one of the most qualified set of backroom staff in the Premier League? I'm sure most of them had the UEFA A license. And the results we had under them backed it up. Who knows what we'd get with Ince.

I feel that managing lower level sides does not compute to knowing how to handle some of the best players in the world. You have to remember that MK Dons players will look up to Ince as a role model, Premiership players will see him as a great player but lower level manager.

Do you honestly feel that Ince could steady a sinking ship full of players that are more than likely going to be paid more than him?

If that is all that he had done then yes. But a past captain of Man U, Inter Milan and England probably knows something about the leading of talented footballers, even very rich ones.

Archived