BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

Could always be that as Ince literally started his management career at the bottom of the Football League ladder, he never expected to be considered for a Premier League team this early into his career, hence why he hadn't sat any UEFA Pro Licence course?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its typical that other clubs can get permission to appoint a manager who isn't qualified and yet when we do it there is serious doubts and issues. Has there ever been a case of dispensation not given before?

This is different because Roeder and Southgate were in jobs and at the clubs involved.

Rovers have to offer Ince the job, but they can't do that until they find out if there will be a protest to using him as a manager.

That is probably - definitely - why John Williams used the phrase 'we haven't offered the job to anyone yet' the other day.

It's a unique case, I am sure they won't be knocked back, but until it's done nothing is official.

Anyway, I don't think we will know tonight or tomorrow.

So eat, drink and be merry.

This is different because Roeder and Southgate were in jobs and at the clubs involved.

Rovers have to offer Ince the job, but they can't do that until they find out if there will be a protest to using him as a manager.

That is probably - definitely - why John Williams used the phrase 'we haven't offered the job to anyone yet' the other day.

It's a unique case, I am sure they won't be knocked back, but until it's done nothing is official.

off to hopefully see yorks beat lancs in the 20/20 at old trafford. should be fun.

No offence intended of course Nicko, but now i've heard Laudrup's name mentioned it's hard to get out of my head. I'm hoping it's a case of "Dowie and Hughes" again and your sniffing up the wrong tree.

Then again if Ince does get it, then I don't mind one bit.

Same, we have quite a football orientated office, and not one person can understand why Laudrup would not get the job.... if he really wants it that is.

Obviously my Friday afternoon is being really productive!

It sounds to me that its likely its going to be Ince, if they are making all this effort into the dispensation appeal and they are using Laudrup as a possible fallback option.

Possible that they've drawn Laudrup out of his shell by making this appeal about Ince. He may well have been playing the waiting game.

It sounds to me that its likely its going to be Ince, if they are making all this effort into the dispensation appeal and they are using Laudrup as a possible fallback option.

I can hardly believe that I've just read that rvr.

Nicko is there any hope whatsoever that they might be considering Laudrup given the overwhelming fan support for him?

there are any number of reasons why he might not get the job if he doesn't and we will probably never find out what they were. sometimes there are concrete reasons like unreasonable demands and they may not seem that unreasonable to us but perhaps they do to the board and sometimes there's just something about you that doesn't quite fit with the people you're going towork with. i'd like Laudrup but if it's ince, then it's ince. I'd prefer it not to be just to shut the Darren What'sis name up, but if it is well I'll be fairly happy.

Well if it was my choice it would be the other way around, but we are outsiders looking in. We don't know whats going on behind the scenes, what details have emerged in terms of both candidates, how their interviews went etc.

If we knew what they knew we may have a complete change of views on the selection choices.

No offence intended of course Nicko, but now i've heard Laudrup's name mentioned it's hard to get out of my head. I'm hoping it's a case of "Dowie and Hughes" again and your sniffing up the wrong tree.

Then again if Ince does get it, then I don't mind one bit.

I agree with you, the way I look at it is if Laudrup gets the job then great, it seems like a no brainer to give him the job, but if ince gets the job then he must have really impressed John Williams with his ideas on how to take the club forward.

A lot of the newspaper articles suggest that John Williams had to sell the club to Laudrup, they say that he wasn't sure but now he is interested but you can tell that Ince has no doubt in his mind that he wants the job, he has already come out and talked about a long term plan.

I am looking forward to whoever gets the job. I just wish we could find out before the weekend !!

One thing I am worried about is that all of our rivals will be ahead of us regarding transfer targets, if we lose RSC and Bentley we will have to act quick in order to sign decent replacements.

If they ask the Premier League then expect them to be told no because it's against their rules, however similar to when Roeder got the Newcastle job it will be a case of having to ask the PL chairman to cast a vote at their next meeting so that Ince can get dispensation, there shouldn't be a problem with the chairman as there wasn't for either Roeder or Southgate but when the next chairman's meeting takes place I don't know.

Ince, however, has had two years to at least start. Why hasn't he? Does he think he's so good he doesn't need to bother? I heard yesterday that the UEFA coaching license courses cost £8,000...maybe he decided he didn't want to pay that and would rather be earning money as a lower-league manager.

Maybe it was jsut a matter of not being able to find the time. Not sure if you saw the interview with Ince where he stated that at the big clubs you pretty much focus on the football that there are banks of people who do things like handle mail e-mail, phones etc. At the lower level he was performing tasks from Managing the team to bein the tea lady and everything in between, no such assistants team to help.

On that point, I said the same as you a few times - not sure if he is putting it on, but Ince does not speak English properly.

Getting respect at MK Dons would be a tad easier than a Premiership club, especially when saying y'know after every word.

If beckham can take electricution lessons, Iam sure Ince can.

"On the 18th June 2008, according to Cruz, he claimed that Manchester United have made an approach for him and insisted that he wanted to leave Ewood Park. Manchester United have not yet commented on the case"

I have not seen anything that states he wants to leave us. Has anybody else?

Archived