BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

Nicko - it might be worth you putting across your side of the story as to why you contribute to this particular MB. Though I am sure there would be a number who would still doubt your motives - I (for one) would take what you said at face value.

There are some people on here who also have some insight into the workings of the club (though it would appear nowhere near as good contacts as you have) - if you are using this forum as a way of cross checking leads, as well as gaining new ones - I am sure nobody would object. I bet no other MB has somebody giving as informed and up to date info as you bring.

It's a good question. I came on to put some people 'right' about slagging a guy who was trying to buy the club. I felt it was unfair and could have put him off. I also felt I 'owed' the site a favour as someone had mentioned Walter Hubert's name at the time of the Dan Williams takeover and that sighting of him tied in with my own search to find out who the mystery buyer was.

I would have been happy to leave it at that.

But then somebody - Brownie - asked nicely if I would shed more light on stories. I thought OK, some of them don't get used and others get messed about with. Why not? I was a fan before I was a reporter and would want answers if I was still a fan.

Then it got silly about PR plants and such, so I stepped back. When that stopped I went back to it.

It's usually a good giggle and there are some smart posters around, so that's fine by me.

But when you get libelled - and you have already had to fight a national newspaper at one time in your life to win a case - then you just think 'stuff it.'

However the last few weeks have proved a couple of things. Clubs DO listen to fans - witness the Allardyce affair - and the internet is a better medium than newspapers for instant and rolling stories.

The managerial ins and outs have been very demanding in terms of time, stress and poor punters backing info - which I stressed I didn't want.

As long as everyone keeps it 'real' this is healthy. But when they go all conspiratiorial I just chuck it and talk to mrs nicko again.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
welcome back nicko

Darren Lewis: mid-table, never-gonna-achieve-anything Blackburn

I bet he supports a "big club", probably Birmingham! The guy got my nose up good and proper. We lost Hughes a fortnight ago and with Euro 2008 ongoing it's no surprise that Blackburn are yet to replace him.

What an idiot. I cannot beleive somebody has written that about us!

Anybody got his email address?

EDIT: Or better his address!

So bascially - IF YOU BET MONEY, MAKE SURE ITS MONEY YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE

Nicko - and idea whether Ronaldo is actually buggering off, because after last night I so want him to disapear off to somewhere where I dont have to see him in the media every bloody minute, more than ever before

good to see you back nicko !

Is there any news on Bentley ? Villa, spurs and everton have been linked with him recently. Do you think any of these clubs will be willing to pay 12 million for him ?

After what he said I really don't want him to stay.

Actually, I do have a question, for everyone really.

Who here is secretly hoping that the Premier League are going to say no to bending the rules to let Ince become our manager? I know they probably won't say no (Thanks Roeder and Southgate!) but if they did, it might mean Laudrup takes the big blue and white seat! :lol:

I know for a fact one of the major reasons the club wanted Shearer was that they thought he'd sell tickets. I wonder if Ince (who has been very vocal about there being a lack of black managers in the Premiership), is viewed as someone who could attract other minorities in Blackburn to come down to Ewood.

Nicko - and idea whether Ronaldo is actually buggering off, because after last night I so want him to disapear off to somewhere where I dont have to see him in the media every bloody minute

Unfortunately it's looking like Real Madrid rather than burnley Flopsy.

Is there any news on Bentley ? Villa, spurs and everton have been linked with him recently. Do you think any of these clubs will be willing to pay 12 million for him ?

Mr 'I want to play for a club in the champions league'. Yep those three fit that criteria Mr Bentley.

Sadly, I think that Ince and Mathias are going to be the new management team at Ewood Park. Having read the article on Ince in the Daily Mirror today I can see why he might appeal to John Williams. He talks about spending three or four years to build a club like Moyes has done with Everton and compete with the top four on a limited budget.

However, that is exactly what Hughes has done already but has moved on because he has found that without that extra finance the top four remain out of reach. However, Hughes has made us competitive in that next batch of club outside of the top four. We need someone who can continue that but I am not convinced that Ince and Mathias will be the partnership to do so.

Michael Laudrop is, of course, an unknown quantity with regard to the Premier League - but then so is Ince. Laudrop would certainly create more of a feel good factor about the club amongst the fans. He is also likely to have decent contacts with regard to bringing in new players which is an important factor.

My main concern with Ince is that he has had plenty of time to get the coaching qualification he needs to manage in the Premier League. The last manager did it and he was in full time employment as were his backroom team who also took the time to get the qualifications they needed. I just don't understand why Ince hasn't bothered - does coaching not interest him? Does he think he can be an old time manager and let his backroom team do the work with the players? Is it that he thinks he so good that coaching qualifications are of no importance?

Nicko do you have any insight as to why he has never bothered to obtain qualifications that he must have known he would need?

To appoint Ince over Laudrop is going to be a very brave decision by John Williams - let's hope it doesn't end in tears!

I know for a fact one of the major reasons the club wanted Shearer was that they thought he'd sell tickets. I wonder if Ince (who has been very vocal about there being a lack of black managers in the Premiership), is viewed as someone who could attract other minorities in Blackburn to come down to Ewood.

I don't like the colour issue that's being brought into it, some parts of the media seem to be backing Ince because of the lack of Black managers in the league and they are making claims that the premier league is racist. I keep seeing quotes in many articles saying "he will be the first black Briton to manage in the premier league."

For example

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4175673.ece

The colour of the manager's skin should be irrelevant, managers should be appointed based on their ability or their potential to drive a club forward.

My main concern with Ince is that he has had plenty of time to get the coaching qualification he needs to manage in the Premier League. The last manager did it and he was in full time employment as were his backroom team who also took the time to get the qualifications they needed. I just don't understand why Ince hasn't bothered - does coaching not interest him? Does he think he can be an old time manager and let his backroom team do the work with the players? Is it that he thinks he so good that coaching qualifications are of no importance?

Why does the Premier League bother to have a rule about qualifications being necessary if it is always ignored or swept under the carpet?

I wonder if there is actually a real objection to Ince from a club(s)and this is causing the hiatus in JW's plan?

[q

Michael Laudrop is, of course, an unknown quantity with regard to the Premier League - but then so is Ince. Laudrop would certainly create more of a feel good factor about the club amongst the fans. He is also likely to have decent contacts with regard to bringing in new players which is an important factor.

I too would love to see Laudrop here for the feel good factor etc, but I think (and i'm only speculating) the sort of decent signings he would want to make would cost big money.

I think a swap is in the air.

Is that a straight swap? or money plus a player?

Is it either Michael Bridges or Ryan France like I'd heard?

It's a deal I'd like to see go through... every game I've seen Halmosi play in, I've thought he looked Prem class... people rave about Zoltan Gera's ability (Halmosi's international team-mate) yet I think Halmosi is the better player... maybe something to do with him being at Plymouth? looking back at all their players from the past year, Holloway had created a pretty decent side there.

Do they have money trouble or something? ...they're selling at a Luton rate.

Also, not sure if anyone has seen this;

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20062008/1/g...ouble-deal.html

Villa have been linked with a host of names this summer including Blackburn winger Bentley and Gardner believes the former Arsenal winger would also made a fine addition to O'Neill's squad.

"Bentley's an England international. If he comes it would be another great signing," he continued.

"O'Neill's bringing in top class players and that's what we need."

Hmm... double standards? ...Villa cry about Liverpool expressing they want to buy Barry, yet one of their players openly states to the press he wants his club to buy Bentley.

Welcome back Nicko, I actually did some work yesterday during the hiatus...

;-)

I am firmly in the Laudrup camp here even though there is always going to be the possibility that he may leave us for something "shinier", but Hell you could say that with any manager of that calibre.

Didn't stop Hughes did it.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3713894,00.html how he say tht everton work with limited resources, they bloody splashed out 11 or so million on yakubu, 9 million for andy johnson, surely thts not a club with limited resources

To be fair though apart from them two there isnt really anyone else they have spent big money on (remember aswell that he had the Rooney money to spend). They get a couple of injuries though and they are in trouble because the squad isnt that big.

Moyes has been there a while and his record is impressive both in the league and with the players he has.

Does anyone know what Laudrup's transfer record was like at Getafe? Any idea how much he spent?

- Alvarez Recreativo Getafe n/a

- Blanco Sevilla Getafe 3,000,000

- Braulio Atletico Madrid Getafe Loan

- Diaz Boca Juniors Getafe 4,000,000

- Hernandez Valencia Getafe Loan

- K. Blanco Sevilla Getafe n/a

- Pallardo Valencia Getafe Loan

- Signorino Nantes Getafe 1,500,000

- Utsari Independiente Getafe 6,000,000

- Verpakovskis Dynamo Kiev Getafe Loan

Am I right in thinking that if any premier league chairmen reject Ince as being Blackburn boss as he has not got the qualifications or the premier league hold the stance then we will go straight to Laudrup as boss ? Is this what news we are waiting for ?

- Alvarez Recreativo Getafe n/a

- Blanco Sevilla Getafe 3,000,000

- Braulio Atletico Madrid Getafe Loan

- Diaz Boca Juniors Getafe 4,000,000

- Hernandez Valencia Getafe Loan

- K. Blanco Sevilla Getafe n/a

- Pallardo Valencia Getafe Loan

- Signorino Nantes Getafe 1,500,000

- Utsari Independiente Getafe 6,000,000

- Verpakovskis Dynamo Kiev Getafe Loan

Euro's or pounds ?

Any idea on the success ratio of his transfers ? (especially big ones)

whatever happens at least we have gone from a crap shortlist to a decent shortlist in the space of a day. that shows the twists and turns in this. in my opinion we have got two very good managers to choose from now.

Oops! Nearly replied to wrong post.

Archived