BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers "no" Castillo

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

The Lancashire Telegraph reports today that Rovers have decided not to persue the signing of Segundo Castillo. After having a close look at him during a trial manager Paul Ince has decided not to sign him. John Williams is quoted as saying that a move for Castillo will not be made at this moment.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's absolutely outrageous! Although I've never seen him play or know anything about him whatsoever this is a ridiculous decision. Fancy taking the time to look at him first before shelling out £4m+.

this atleast shows that PI has set himself some standards he is looking for and Castillo didnt meet them.

finding someone that meets that standard is now the issue.

Is this the first bit of news that has slipped through nicko's 11 o'clocker net......? interesting.

Well that's absolutely outrageous! Although I've never seen him play or know anything about him whatsoever this is a ridiculous decision. Fancy taking the time to look at him first before shelling out £4m+.

This sums it up for me.

To be honest, his comment about not being a kid and doesn't need looking at threw it for me. We are not going to throw 6m (dont know if it was that exact figure) at someone who we have never seen. If he was all that he would have shown enough to the management to pick him up.

Either this or Ince had to choose between this guy and his mate from MK Dons :P

Okay - so the next Samba, Bentley etc. will tell Rovers to get stuffed. Surely we should be looking at these players before we tell them they've been signed and then they havn't?

However I remember Grabbi. (still think he could play though and in training he was supposed to be great) No amount of trials will expose a warped attitude.

To be honest, his comment about not being a kid and doesn't need looking at threw it for me. We are not going to throw 6m (dont know if it was that exact figure) at someone who we have never seen.

I think Ince deserves a lot of credit for this one. When Castillo objected to the trial he stood firm and insisted on having a look at the guy first. If, as it appears, he hasn't met the required standard, that's £6m (or whatever the fee was going to be) that can be spent wisely elsewhere rather than throwing it away on a risky signing.

Worst comes to worst I wouldn't complain at Emerton being used there next season.

that sounds odd to me.

wasnt it yesterday they said he was good enough, but they wanted to meet him and get to know him a bit, and that he had a 22 hour flight behind, so he had to get some time. then today, LET says he has been sent home? which is really news from yesterday... doesnt add up.

Paul Ince is definitely in a corner at this moment in time, he certainly cannot under any circumstances get it wrong regarding the players he brings in, he just hasnt got any margin for error right now.

Losing two of the best players from last season is a massive enough task in replacing but then there were other areas of the team that needed some quality recruitment to replace and strengthen further the team. If ever Paul Ince wanted a challenge hes certainly got one on now that could make or break him in this his first premiership managerial role.

I'm sure hes a gutsy fellow Paul Ince who'll enjoy the challenge but i sincerley hope those around him (whom i have my doubts about) will give him the right instruction to guide Paul Ince and Rovers on the path to success.

Lets hope for all of us that he is successful though its still early days things dont seem to be panning out quite right just yet.

Lets hope for all of us that he is successful though its still early days things dont seem to be panning out quite right just yet.

Worth remembering that we haven't lost or signed anyone yet, so we don't have a clue how things are panning out, and realistically won't until we see PI's Rovers play against Everton.

There's more to this than meets the eye. I bet Castillo has read this site and, with the help of the google translator, discovered he is on trial, we're not in the UEFA cup and Villanueva is being paid in chickens. He'll have stormed off pronto.

It´s great business! PI got a chance to check him and didn´t like. Saved money to spend someone else. And on my mind it´s not anymore nescecery to buy CM. If the formation si 4-4-1-1. Reid, Vogel, Dunn, Emo can fight for two CM places. Tugay is stunt man. We need RD and RM. There should be plenty of money to use on two players.

The Lancashire Telegraph reports today that Rovers have decided not to persue the signing of Segundo Castillo. After having a close look at him during a trial manager Paul Ince has decided not to sign him. John Williams is quoted as saying that a move for Castillo will not be made at this moment.

If thats the case then it's good that Ince showed the strength to turn him down if he didn't come up to the mark. :tu:

BUT

It could be quite easily the other way around too, and that Castillo didn't like what he saw of BRFC. :huh:

OR

His agent has had a better offer. :huh:

Que Sera Sera

If thats the case then it's good that Ince showed the strength to turn him down if he didn't come up to the mark. :tu:

BUT

It could be quite easily the other way around too, and that Castillo didn't like what he saw of BRFC. :huh:

OR

His agent has had a better offer. :huh:

Que Sera Sera

Either way it's better finding out now Theno.

Archived