BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barack Obama

Wow, the Obama campaign of stifling debate and not giving the McCain attack dogs anything to attack that resonates except rehashing badly cut two year old film footage seems to be working according to the moving average of all polls:

National Obama 48.9% McCain 43.6% Obama lead +5.3

Battleground States- Obama McCain RCP Average

Florida 48.6 45.6 Obama +3.0

Ohio 48.0 46.0 Obama +2.0

Michigan 48.9 42.3 Obama +6.6

Virginia 48.8 46.3 Obama +2.5

Minnesota 49.0 44.4 Obama +4.6

Colorado 50.0 45.0 Obama +5.0

Iowa 51.0 41.8 Obama +9.2

Nevada 47.8 47.3 Obama +0.5

New Mexico 49.6 42.0 Obama +7.6

New Hampshire 46.7 45.4 Obama +1.3

At least there is a marked contrast in style judging by these side-by-side clips of both candidates yesterday.

Let's see what the two gaffe-prone VP candidates come up with in their debate tonight.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being in a minority is quite a compliment if being in the majority means being passively dictated to by the media's hysterical over-reaction to Mr Obama .

If truth be told I'd like Obama to win the election not just because he's marginally the better candidate but mainly to get this "first black man to be president" nonsense over and done with . (Hopefullly the next president after this will be a black woman )

Not exactly nonsense considering America's history of racism. Obama has talents other than his race. A black man don't get elected to the Senate and the nomination if he doesn't have some sort of political know-how. I'm not sure he'll change the world if he does get in though.

Not exactly nonsense considering America's history of racism. Obama has talents other than his race. A black man don't get elected to the Senate and the nomination if he doesn't have some sort of political know-how. I'm not sure he'll change the world if he does get in though.

I know what his talents are..........

dem is cash, an' plenty of it. Mah gosh, he'ss rollin in it. as is Mccain, he'll do it again.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, sums up US politics. It's all about money.

Philip, I might believe you if it wasn't so much about ego.

A bit like, " I can rule amerca (deliberate), I can have this girl (Monica) I kin do what ahh want.

And that's just Bill. Poor ole Geeorge caint even git that.

The day they get someone with sense, then I'll start listening

Philip, I might believe you if it wasn't so much about ego.

A bit like, " I can rule amerca (deliberate), I can have this girl (Monica) I kin do what ahh want.

And that's just Bill. Poor ole Geeorge caint even git that.

The day they get someone with sense, then I'll start listening

Why do USA citizens have only 2 people to vote for? Is that a Democracy?

If you answered yes then the founding forefathers are turning in their grave.

USA was set up as a Republic and they despised everything democracy stands for. The USA has many parties but yet the media tend to ignore all other people except the "main" two. Hmmm

I'd be happy to hear from all US members who think (Non US Citizen)Obama and (War Grass) McCain are the only two people in the world. And, yes, this does affect the UK cos which ever of them 2 gets in l'm sure plenty more UK soldiers will die in the War on Terror.

The vice president debate to start soon, Palin Vs Biden, I was reading in the Times that Palin is expected to lose this debate due to the fact that Biden is a experienced politician.

Does anyone think that Palin has been brought into this campaign because of her appeal to housewives in the U.S and the MILF factor that may bring votes in.

This is a crucial time for both candidates with this debate and the result could sway the undecided voters either way.

The vice president debate to start soon, Palin Vs Biden, I was reading in the Times that Palin is expected to lose this debate due to the fact that Biden is a experienced politician.

Does anyone think that Palin has been brought into this campaign because of her appeal to housewives in the U.S and the MILF factor that may bring votes in.

Yes.

Why do USA citizens have only 2 people to vote for? Is that a Democracy?

There are more than two people running for President.

Palin didn't goof. She continued to irritate the hell out of people she irritates and played well to the simple folk who love her.

Biden didn't goof or waffle over much. He came over as the consumate politician which means he did a good show of being a decent guy.

The result means that there were no election changing moments in the Veep debate which means that McCain has a huge amount to do to turn it around.

I'm looking ay my ballot and I have 10 people to choose from and a personal choice write in slot.

you

Yes.

There are more than two people running for President.

and you

convince me that money hasn't played a part.

If you haven't got it, then your chance of becoming President of the USA is Zero.

There are only TWO people with any chance, and both of you know it.

More bizzarely, the difference between the politics of the two parties is so negligible that it doesn't matter who wins, you get the same result.

What pisses me off is the effect it has on the rest of the world who didn't get a vote, but had to put up with the crap surrounding the "election" and suffer the consequences.

On the VP debate i think a draw would be a fair assessment, though some people could call it as a slight victory for Palin given the low expectations before the debate and the fears she might implode. I think her bubbly, homely, style will appeal to "Middle America".

The election couldn't have been won last night, but it certainly could have been lost for McCain if Palin had blown up. She did her job by keeping it simple, reinforced her and McCain's message and kept the campaign alive.

convince me that money hasn't played a part.

If you haven't got it, then your chance of becoming President of the USA is Zero.

There are only TWO people with any chance, and both of you know it.

More bizzarely, the difference between the politics of the two parties is so negligible that it doesn't matter who wins, you get the same result.

What pisses me off is the effect it has on the rest of the world who didn't get a vote, but had to put up with the crap surrounding the "election" and suffer the consequences.

Ah but that is not what you said. I agree, there is a 100% guarantee that Obama or McCain will win it. You need millions and millions of dollars and strong public position to even make it to a primary let alone the actual Presidential race. Ideologically though, this democracy is alive and well. Literally, the divides and social stigmas of the two parties dominating our "two party system" now, will cause unseen as well as major problems for many more decades to come.

On the VP debate i think a draw would be a fair assessment, though some people could call it as a slight victory for Palin given the low expectations before the debate and the fears she might implode. I think her bubbly, homely, style will appeal to "Middle America".

The election couldn't have been won last night, but it certainly could have been lost for McCain if Palin had blown up. She did her job by keeping it simple, reinforced her and McCain's message and kept the campaign alive.

Just because Palin didn't say anything particularly stupid doesn't mean that her evening was an unqualified success. She did little other than spit out her memorised talking points, indeed showing little understanding of and insight into the issues at hand. Only Biden had a true grasp of the topics and his knowledge of foreign policy (aside from a bizarre comment about 'Bosniacs') along with domestic concerns made his opponent look the lightweight that she is. Sure she managed to stand upright and she really does like very nice, but using folksy charm as a crutch when refusing to answer questions is pretty pathetic to be honest.

Last night was unwatchable and unlistenable, the lies on both sides were rampant and ugly. I actually used to like Biden before he became a Veep candidate.

And for those (like overMatt) who seem to think that the lies are one sided... factcheck.org is a great site.

RE: the 2-party system, sure 10 run, sure only 2 have any chance, but imho, this election is starting to open the door for a potential third party to form. If only there was a way to stip the "moderates" from both sides, create a more "centrist" party (with the likes of Liberman, Leahyand a few otehr independants), you'd actually have a shot at getting enough currently entrenched faces and anems with the ability to get the financial backing to start afresh.... and god would that ###### off the Dems and Reps.

I've never once suggested that. Obama has been just as quick to go negative even if he was provoked. McCain is nowhere near the monster that the Democrats are currently painting him as. His record before running for the top job was perfectly respectable and while he may have sold out since, there's no getting away from the fact that there are far worse members of the GOP than him. Palin on the other hand is George Dubya Bush with breasts. Ill-informed, lacking in curiosity and somehow under the impression that being 'elite' is a bad thing when sitting in the Oval Office, she represents everything that is wrong with the 'Joe six-pack' base she so aspires to lead. At least McCain is a genuinely well-versed guy who isn't trying to ignite the class war which lost the 2004 race for Kerry. In my opinion people should be very concerned that Palin is more worried about running down the evil media in New York and DC than forging proper solutions for their abject economic situations.

Never mind blue phil, you don't know the speech I am referring to or the context in which it was made.

Here is the transcript.

A half decent response to a nobody preacher making silly noises the way that only American preachers can . The speechwriter earned his corn that day and I'm sure Obama read it well on the teleprompter .

Hardly worthy of the usual hyperbole you came out with though .......I doubt the average joe in the US can remember who Jeremiah Wright is ...or was .

The election will be won and lost on far more weightier issues than trivia surrounding an obscure bible basher .

A half decent response to a nobody preacher making silly noises the way that only American preachers can . The speechwriter earned his corn that day and I'm sure Obama read it well on the teleprompter .

Hardly worthy of the usual hyperbole you came out with though .......I doubt the average joe in the US can remember who Jeremiah Wright is ...or was .

The election will be won and lost on far more weightier issues than trivia surrounding an obscure bible basher .

Hopefully so as it seems Palin and McCain's attacks are now focusing on such trivia.

One thing I am surprised nobody has brought out is that McCain doesn't actually have to die to put Palin in charge. We are talking about a guy with serious health issues as well as advancing years so simply being ill would put the moose-shooting air head as de facto boss.

The surge in the polls for Obama is increasing this morning.

The local papers have Obama 7 points ahead in Ohio and 18 points ahead in Minesota.

The Washington Post are now predicting a 311-227 win in the Electoral College for Obama.

One problem McCain has and seemingly is incapable of fixing is that 75% of all under 30s of voting age have registered and they are splitting 61-32 in favour of Obama. 30s to 50s are shading towards Obama by 2 points and McCain has a narrow lead of 5 points in the 50s and over.

Will Tom Cruise stand for the Republican party in 2012? He's a maverick too. It seems that the 'I don't know s__t about anything, because I'm a maverick outsider' routine that Palin, and to a lesser extent McCain produce is not working if the polls are to be believed. I don't know if its the same in the USA,but a lot of the focus on the GOP is on the vice presidential candidate, whilst McCain is ignored on the whole.

I doubt the average joe in the US can remember who Jeremiah Wright is...

you'd be very wrong there...

I don't know if its the same in the USA,but a lot of the focus on the GOP is on the vice presidential candidate, whilst McCain is ignored on the whole.

Well for me, I've not heard anything about or from palin since the VP debate, so I'm guessing its overseas coverage fixated on her, since she does well match what I envision to be the rest of the world's stereotypical red-neck American.

You're right about the redneck thing, and its to do with where she came from- a snowbound state full of trees and mooses that is nearer Russia than Washington. She literally came from the wilderness, and no-one had heard of her. Even I half recognised Joe Biden's name. I think there's a 'how can the USA consider that idiot?' factor as well.

Archived