BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barack Obama

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:

To my dismay it looks like Obama will win it though I think it will be close and to the wire, contrary to what most of the polls have indicated or predicted.

Tory and a Republican : you have to feel sorry for some people .

To my delight at this stage of the night it would appear that Obama is going to cruise past the winning post.

Suddenly the world seems a better place.

They all are when they win.

Let's see in four years if he's lived up to his rhetoric. He's talked the talk, let's see if he can do the walking.

This has been the easiest part, it only gets difficult when you have to deliver.

Something everyone should remember is that the Democrats are still to the right of the Tories in the UK and of the Liberal Party in Australia.

I wish him well, he's got a big job in front of him to get some kind of world respect back for the USA.

Just hugely relieved that there is no chance of that right wing idiot Sarah Palin getting any power in the forseeable future. If ever there was an argument for a very late abortion (ie to get rid of her at the age of about 40), she's it!

Feels something like the morning after Blair was elected. We have two friends arriving from the States tonight, one English but now an American citizen and Obama supporter, the other American by birth, I don't know her politics. It's going to be very interesting to hear how they feel today. We're having a bonfire party as the American visitor hasn't experienced November 5th.

Sorry, Jan, can't agree with you at all.

Palin, for all she is said to be, had the "balls" to display her politics, stand by them, stand for election and then get elected. It's a lot more than many on here would do.

It's the easiest thing in the world to put down a pollie when you don't have to put yourself on display.

She had the guts to tell the world what she felt was right, though many of her fellow countrymen thought otherwise.

I don't agree with her side of the debate, but I don't deride her for standing up for what she thought was "right".

Just hugely relieved that there is no chance of that right wing idiot Sarah Palin getting any power in the forseeable future. If ever there was an argument for a very late abortion (ie to get rid of her at the age of about 40), she's it!

Haha ! Very good.

No need to worry about Palin ; she's merely a footnote in history and will disappear back to Alaska where she came from.

Wonder how the Rednecks are taking this ?

Sorry, Jan, can't agree with you at all.

Palin, for all she is said to be, had the "balls" to display her politics, stand by them, stand for election and then get elected. It's a lot more than many on here would do.

It's the easiest thing in the world to put down a pollie when you don't have to put yourself on display.

She had the guts to tell the world what she felt was right, though many of her fellow countrymen thought otherwise.

I don't agree with her side of the debate, but I don't deride her for standing up for what she thought was "right".

Sorry dave, but just because someone has teh balls to stand for election, it doesn't mean they're worthy of respect.

she's a blinking half-wit.

Bryan, who said anything about "respect".

All I was saying was that she had the "balls" to stand up for her beliefs.

There are many on here that deride people that stand for election based on their beliefs, yet they wouldn't parade themselves or even go into a public arena and make their beliefs public knowledge. Yet, with anonymity, bellow loudly.

The woman was a dangerous, fundamental Christian redneck. Fortunately she lost the election for McCain. I think the world will almost certainly be safer without that pair in charge.

Toss up between her and Bush as to who is the thickest.

Dave, don't be silly.

You're saying that we can't criticise Sarah Palin because we don't have the balls to run for election ourselves. If you couldn't criticise anyone who's doing something you haven't done yourself, none of us would be saying very much.

The Republicans could put a talking chimpanzee up as nominee, but we couldn't criticise because we haven't run for President.

Come on, if McCain had one, she was a heart-attack away from being President, and she was plainly incapable. Aren't we allowed to be concerned about that?

There are many on here that deride people that stand for election based on their beliefs, yet they wouldn't parade themselves or even go into a public arena and make their beliefs public knowledge. Yet, with anonymity, bellow loudly.

So did Adolf..

well maybe using the plural of "balls" would be a bit misleading.

They all are when they win.

Let's see in four years if he's lived up to his rhetoric. He's talked the talk, let's see if he can do the walking.

This has been the easiest part, it only gets difficult when you have to deliver.

Something everyone should remember is that the Democrats are still to the right of the Tories in the UK and of the Liberal Party in Australia.

I wish him well, he's got a big job in front of him to get some kind of world respect back for the USA.

I agree. My generation scares me when you look at their reaction. Even some of my very well educated friends seem to think that the hard work is done, the prom king is elected and now it is time to enjoy the title and the ceremony. This election has been wonderful in terms of getting people involved, but the way in which they have reacted is somewhat worrying. Whilst Obama may well be a great leader and end up addressing and solving many of the issues the United States and the world face at this moment, I don't like how so many seem to take it as a given. Another thing worth remembering is that whilst Palin was most certainly the most ignorant and idiotic participant in this election, she was not that much worse than Biden; the man will be a serious liability.

I agree. My generation scares me when you look at their reaction. Even some of my very well educated friends seem to think that the hard work is done, the prom king is elected and now it is time to enjoy the title and the ceremony. This election has been wonderful in terms of getting people involved, but the way in which they have reacted is somewhat worrying. Whilst Obama may well be a great leader and end up addressing and solving many of the issues the United States and the world face at this moment, I don't like how so many seem to take it as a given. Another thing worth remembering is that whilst Palin was most certainly the most ignorant and idiotic participant in this election, she was not that much worse than Biden; the man will be a serious liability.

Biden is a well-informed and accomplished politician. Obama chose him for his extensive knowledge and experience with regards to foreign policy, rather than his ability to get through a speech without making a gaffe.

So...what are your views on Nick Griffin?

Archived