BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] North And South

Where do these people come from who come up with this crap, so we all move down sarff for a better life where nobody gets mugged or stabbed then and everyone gets a nice big house, could you imagine living in a area populated by scousers and Essex girls, what a combination that would be a maternity ward that was always overcrowded and a boom in sales for the local JJB and Sportsworld stores. :D

Bas+ard Tories under Thatcher closed half the North down 20 years ago and now Call Me Dave's favourite Tory think-tank is trying to finish the job.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/254...ing-cities.html

Just glanced at that and it appears to me that it's not specifically down to the tories is it Jim? Especially as we have had a Labour govt for the past 11 years with no sign of a reverse trend. Doesn't this suggest as much from that article?

".... But the findings were roundly rejected by local authorities, the Government and the Conservative Party.

........ And Conservative frontbencher Chris Grayling, shadow minister for Liverpool, said: “We wholeheartedly support the regeneration of northern cities.” "

imo Northern cities have de-generated quickly since the apparent 'ALL PARTY' decision that surely must have been made in secret to keep inflation in check by exporting as much of our manufacturing as possible! Likely rooted in the political and economic destruction caused by extreme left wing infiltration of the unions in the 60's and 70's which probably spawned Margaret Thatchers monetarist policies which in turn have been ably and faithfully carried forward by Blair and Brown.

So we just give up do we? Yes, the old industries have gone, so lets all head down to the Home Counties. The pompous nerd promoting the study was reason enough to steer clear of the South.

The reason the country is a bottleneck is because the north has been abandoned. Go to Germany and you will see 5 or 6 major and competing cities, Berlin just being one of them, the London-centric UK could learn a lot from that.

The only reason why there's no industry and we no longer have any purpose round here according the report.The reason why most of the industry went is because of thatcher. This report comes from leading tory think tank.

Caring about the south

Two fingers up to the north.

I'll never ever vote Tory!!!

Will the people who condemn proposals for internal mass migration be so eager to condemn mass migration on the wider international level ?

If not why not ?

Possibly that two have absolutely nothing in common?

Just a thought.

Watch on, calendar noted, is that nice Mr Harold Wilson still Prime Minister?

I do feel that some towns & cities in the north are basically toilets. Blackburn isn`t pleasing on the eye, neither are towns like Bumley, Oldham or Liverpool (i could go on) but once you get out of the bigger more populated areas there`s some beautiful smaller towns & villages.

In my view, there`s nothing in the south that can touch the beauty of areas like the Forest of Bowland, The Lakes & The Yorkshire Dales. The scenery & it`s towns & villages are truly lovely places to see.

On the other hand, i feel Manchester has improved hugely over the last 20yrs. It looks to me like a city should do. Alot of money has gone into Manchester over the last few years & i feel it looks good & vibrant.....although i wouldn`t live there if you paid me!

Alot of southern towns are concrete jungles without a soul or a heart. Granted, the south has it`s nice places.....but who can afford to live in them??

Give me the north (the nice bits) anyday!

Letter in The eGuardian today

"How nice of Cameron's goons at Policy Exchange to remind us what the Tories are really like (Tory party's favourite thinktank brands northern cities failures, August 13). Move "darn sarf"? Most of them talk with that horrible estuary accent.

Without the north we wouldn't have the vote: the Peterloo protesters, the Chartists and the suffragettes were all from the north. The trade unions were born in Manchester and the north gave this country the industrial revolution, which projected a small island to be a world power. The joule unit of energy, Whitworth engineering standards and Peel's police force - all northern. Manchester didn't have a seaport, so it built a canal to get to one; 5,000 Lancaster bombers which helped defeat Hitler were built at Chadderton. And the world's first modern computer was pioneered at Umist. As the late, great Tony Wilson summed it up, the only thing the south ever gave us was Chas and Dave.

And what would music be without the north? The world-famous Hallé, the Beatles, Hollies, Smiths, Buzzcocks, New Order, Stone Roses, Oasis, Happy Mondays, Arctic Monkeys. In 2012 the cockneys will invite us down to have a good old knees-up at the Olympics. Sorry my old china, but you wouldn't be in a position to hold the games without Manchester's Commonwealth success in 2002, after London messed up a bid for the world athletics championships. Our thanks for this? We can have a football semi-final at Old Trafford. Between United and the scousers we have 31 league titles and eight European Cups - someone should tell Roman Abramovich that you can't buy class.

So thanks, but no thanks. I'll stay up here, where people are friendly, still have the time of day for each other and don't rush to work staring at the floor. We still make proper fish and chips and we can have a pint of Joey Holt's beer for under two quid. The cockneys can be left to wallow in jellied eels and pie and mash, drinking flat beer at £5 a pint."

I'll drink to that.

We still make proper fish and chips and we can have a pint of beer for under two quid. The cockneys can be left to wallow in jellied eels and pie and mash, drinking flat beer at £5 a pint."

I'll drink to that.

Good cos both of those pleasures are on a serious decline curve in Blackburn Colin. Course living in Manchester you won't know anything about that will you?

........ Yet.

And

Good cos both of those pleasures are on a serious decline curve in Blackburn Colin. Course living in Manchester you won't know anything about that will you?

........ Yet.

Cheer up, at least Muslim moles & illegal immigrant squirrels didn't ruin your game of golf on Saturday. Look on the bright side.

And

Cheer up, at least Muslim moles & illegal immigrant squirrels didn't ruin your game of golf on Saturday. Look on the bright side.

True. There is that at least. :tu:

I'm glad that you brought that comparison Colin. Grey squirrels are indeed illegal immigrants. Introduced with good intentioned but misguided people, they have exploited the easier conditions in this country, bred irresponsibly, devastated the natural flora and fauna, killed or driven out the domestic variety and are now officially classed as vermin. Course being a city dweller you are no doubt completely ignorant of that aspect of the illegal immigrants you mentioned. <_<

Archived