BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves And Academy 2008/09

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Um, so how long do they have to stay in the EU to qualify for a EU passportI think is the answer.

I'm not sure we have the Cercle Bruge link going these days, that seemed to work well. Then again, other EU countries such as Germany feed players through from other countries - think it helped Sergio for instance?

Maybe we should have got Allardyce after all, he'd have sorted all these out through his mates (allegedly!)

Wouldn't begin to know first thing about work permits, passports etc. Was under impression Mr H wants to play for England eventually, rather than Canada. God knows why, looking at the joke our national team seems to be at present.

I'm not sure we have the Cercle Bruge link going these days, that seemed to work well. Then again, other EU countries such as Germany feed players through from other countries - think it helped Sergio for instance?

Maybe we should have got Allardyce after all, he'd have sorted all these out through his mates (allegedly!)

Wouldn't begin to know first thing about work permits, passports etc. Was under impression Mr H wants to play for England eventually, rather than Canada. God knows why, looking at the joke our national team seems to be at present.

Not sure if this was ever sanctioned, but this is what I was getting at.

!7th Oct 2007

The European Commission this week is unveiling its "Blue Card" plans for a skilled immigration scheme to attract workers into the European Union. Under the proposal, skilled professionals may work in an EU nation for two years, after which the permit would become renewable and allow a person to live and work throughout the European Union.

So I think the trick is go to say germany for two years, then apply for UK work permit.

The EU requires an estimated 20 million workers during the next 20 years to meet economic growth needs. Britain, Denmark and Ireland would be allowed to opt out of the scheme, and other Member States have expressed reservations about the current proposal. All 27 EU nations need to ratify the agreement before it can come into effect.

!7th Oct 2007

The European Commission this week is unveiling its "Blue Card" plans for a skilled immigration scheme to attract workers into the European Union. Under the proposal, skilled professionals may work in an EU nation for two years, after which the permit would become renewable and allow a person to live and work throughout the European Union.

The EU requires an estimated 20 million workers during the next 20 years to meet economic growth needs. Britain, Denmark and Ireland would be allowed to opt out of the scheme, and other Member States have expressed reservations about the current proposal. All 27 EU nations need to ratify the agreement before it can come into effect.

Would it apply to footballers though?

I know different countries have differing time frames for citizenship and shorter terms for certain countries.

!7th Oct 2007

So the trick is I think, 2 years in say Germany, then apply for UK work permit.

Thats a good find Tris!!

I've requested info etc should make a good read!!

Is it just me or is that not new methods -just reverting back to norm with a fancy name?

Did nobody else learn like this when they where younger as that is how I was advised - I may not have listened very well but it was all about being comfortable with and without the ball and learning yourself to kick with both feet ie doubling the possible amount of contact with the ball.

Also Tris what you doing routing about in the Barnoldswick Express :D

Is it just me or is that not new methods -just reverting back to norm with a fancy name?

Did nobody else learn like this when they where younger as that is how I was advised - I may not have listened very well but it was all about being comfortable with and without the ball and learning yourself to kick with both feet ie doubling the possible amount of contact with the ball.

Also Tris what you doing routing about in the Barnoldswick Express :D

You would be surprised how many clubs no longer focus on things like touch and technique. Its not even really covered in the coaching courses run by the FA. If he's worked at Man Utd it will be interesting to see how he goes about it all.

For me I'm more interested in the sessions themselves, I haven't looked through it all yet but will do.

You would be surprised how many clubs no longer focus on things like touch and technique. Its not even really covered in the coaching courses run by the FA. If he's worked at Man Utd it will be interesting to see how he goes about it all.

For me I'm more interested in the sessions themselves, I haven't looked through it all yet but will do.

Thanks

I am shocked if they don't but not necessarily surprised - as per discussions on the academy topic before I firmly believe they should be allowed to play the game freely until the age of about 13/14 just to learn and get a feel of the game themselves without being told what to do or guided (pressurised) - I just think they are taken on at too early an age at the moment

Touch and technique should be a self taught thing that you practise constantly every day just like the kids did many moons ago in the streets.

My biggest criticism of today regarding self taught touch and technique is the lack of WALLS along with the weather to restrict outdoor activities, when I was young nearly every school yard had a wall in which you could kick the ball against control the rebounds practice turning from the rebounds, shoooting etc..

What a simple aid to developing touch and technique - a Wall !

A wall and a ball along with time thats all you need, did Dunny not practice that way with he help of his grandad.

Touch and technique should be a self taught thing that you practise constantly every day just like the kids did many moons ago in the streets.

My biggest criticism of today regarding self taught touch and technique is the lack of WALLS along with the weather to restrict outdoor activities, when I was young nearly every school yard had a wall in which you could kick the ball against control the rebounds practice turning from the rebounds, shoooting etc..

What a simple aid to developing touch and technique - a Wall !

A wall and a ball along with time thats all you need, did Dunny not practice that way with he help of his grandad.

Ah the walls (ice creams as well :blush: ) Totally agree :tu:

What are you twittering about?

twitter? Don't use the silly web thing, too much for me.

Normally you post such wise information Philip, in that particular instance it it didn't seem clear that the lads are over there to enable them to get work permits eventually, as was referenced in a later post. Maybe I misread it but it seemed that you were answering your own question, in a way. ^_^

Would be interesting to know what has become of all those hopefuls that have passed through the Academy since it opened.

Agreed - was only discussing this other day in t'pub, or more to the point, how many of the famed 'stars' were actually Jim Furnell's work.

There's a stat going around something like only two released players in recent seasons haven't found clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived