BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Riverside

DanLad

Can anyone think of anything that can be done about people leaving early?

It's embarassing. It gives a good excuse for away fans to chant 'We can see you sneaking out' and for the pundits to laugh at us on telly.

People even leave when it's been a great game or we're chasing an equaliser or even a winner. It doesn't make sense to me.

The tickets aren't cheap. Why shave 5% of the value of the ticket by leaving early?

Does anyone on here leave early and, if so, why?

People leave early in every stand, but the Riverside have to walk out in front of everybody.

But yeah, there is a "must get to the car park or we'll be stuck there for a week" mentality and everyone bombs towards the gates upon the final whistle. I heard there were suggestions about funnelling them out of the back way or something...

The same happens before HT...no-ones leaving were just going for a gypsys.

Also, pretending to be going early gives you an excuse to "exchange pleasantries" with the oppositions supporters and "wish them a safe journey home".

I left the Arsenal game when the 4th went in and there were a heck of a lot more Arsenal fans outside than Rovers coming out of the :wub:Riverside.:wub:

Stop people leaving early.....make the traffic situation better. I used to hate sitting in the car park for an hour every other saturday at ewood.

Some people do have genuine reasons of course...i remember a couple of seasons ago, we were 3-1 down at old trafford and i got up to leave with 5 mins left because i had to catch a plane home from the airport and i got verbal abuse from a rovers fan, chav, i was angry enough from the game i felt like ripping his head off. I then missed uniteds 4th as i was blissfully driving out of the car park traffic free!

Stop people leaving early.....make the traffic situation better. I used to hate sitting in the car park for an hour every other saturday at ewood.

Some people do have genuine reasons of course...i remember a couple of seasons ago, we were 3-1 down at old trafford and i got up to leave with 5 mins left because i had to catch a plane home from the airport and i got verbal abuse from a rovers fan, chav, i was angry enough from the game i felt like ripping his head off. I then missed uniteds 4th as i was blissfully driving out of the car park traffic free!

Don't park so close to the ground - I park the other side of the aquaduct - always seem to get away fairly quickly. Also a chance to stretch my legs.

Like the idea of resurecting the old Riverside - wonderful with the old terracing when you could chose your end depending on which goal we were attacking. Also - a peaceful haven when the Chelsea fans stormed the Blackburn End a few years back.

Can anyone think of anything that can be done about people leaving early?

It's embarassing. It gives a good excuse for away fans to chant 'We can see you sneaking out' and for the pundits to laugh at us on telly.

People even leave when it's been a great game or we're chasing an equaliser or even a winner. It doesn't make sense to me.

The tickets aren't cheap. Why shave 5% of the value of the ticket by leaving early?

Does anyone on here leave early and, if so, why?

I think the club should survey everyone who leaves early over a season asking them why but not when we are playing dreadfully and getting a drubbing.

Then we'd know the answer probably a good fans forum question for next time Dan lad.

I don`t think it is that bad getting away from Ewood,i usually get home to Bacup for around 5.45pm on a Saturday.

I would sooner wait an extra 10 mins to get away than miss any of the game.I am pretty sure though that the fans that complain about ticket prices will be the ones that bugger off early.

Let them leave who cares, in fact make them leave instead of having them lingering in the corners.

Just enjoy knowing that once in while they will sit through 85 minutes of 0-0 and miss Rovers grind out a 91st min 1-0 win, Karma for all that smug I beat the traffic satisfaction (how sad are you?).

I never have any problems with Traffic becuase I go back to the pub and enjoy a post match drink (non-alcoholic of course), by the time I leave at 6:45pm on sat the roads are clear.

I guess its all those men who have to be home for a certain time, look for the thumb print on thier foreheads. And women can't really enjoy football on the same level as men anyway - most of them only go to keep track of hubby. Women who sit around me are more bothered about whats happening on thier mobile phones than whats going on the pitch.

With more than 3000 members we must have some saddo's who leave early - so come on own up, why do you do it? Is beating the traffic so important?

Simple solution really. Dont open then gates at the front sides until after the final whistle but leave the back door open. The early leavers will leave 'up' the steps then rather than down and along and show far less on the tele.

They'll p1ss off a few riversiders by blocking the views of those who sit on the end of rows but a good dig in the ribs when the dullards stop to turn and gawp at any action should sort it. :rover:

Simple solution really. Dont open then gates at the front sides until after the final whistle but leave the back door open. The early leavers will leave 'up' the steps then rather than down and along and show far less on the tele.

They'll p1ss off a few riversiders by blocking the views of those who sit on the end of rows but a good dig in the ribs when the dullards stop to turn and gawp at any action should sort it. :rover:

The simplest answer to the question. However, i bet there is some form of Health and Safety legislation stopping the aforementioned happen.

Us Riversiders get some stick for some unknown reason, our stand is now pretty much full and we make a noise. It is the JW stand that should receive the stick - i sat there once and it was pants! Good view none the less.

The BE seats are too small, hence some big lads in the Riverside. :lol:

There is a man who sits in front of me JW upper central who leaves every game 14 - 15 mins early without fail

But you know what he has a walking stick and is probably 70, he comes on his own, and is probably scared of being pushed in a crowd or has a bus to catch, so good on him, at leats he 's not watching it on a dodgy arab channel in the pub

There is a man who sits in front of me JW upper central who leaves every game 14 - 15 mins early without fail

But you know what he has a walking stick and is probably 70, he comes on his own, and is probably scared of being pushed in a crowd or has a bus to catch, so good on him, at leats he 's not watching it on a dodgy arab channel in the pub

Good point. Rather they turned up, than not at all, yes its dissapointing but its their choice.

A guy who sits next to me & his wife, leave every game 10 mins early, excuse every time is that he has to go and do the shopping! Last time I checked, Tesco & Asda were both 24 hours.

People have their reasons. I don't particularly like it (we are usually last out of the stadium!) but they have paid their money and that's good enough as far as I'm concerned. Except of course if they block my view on their way out...

This is a topic that as been covered many times before and its certainly not a new problem, people have been leaving early in the riverside for years.

As stated before, it makes it look worse because of the way people have to go down and along the front of the stand to get out.

After paying out for a season ticket, I want to get every minutes worth.

If people want to leave early, it's their money they're wasting, just wish they would leave by the back door!!

Archived