BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Messages For John Williams

mark

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh I'm sure you understand liable (sic) DB! This is a place for taking negative assumptions and presenting them as fact. You're getting mighty defensive - are saying you know different? Because unless you can prove that we didn't go for Bullard and have the trustees pull the plug then it's all completely true.

Fixed.

Oh I'm sure you understand liable DB! This is a place for opinions not fact. You're getting mighty defensive -are saying you know different?

Not worth arguing Prof. The bloke you mentioned is so trustworthy he does not support his own country. How good does that make his comment ?

And you are correct - the board did knock Allardyce back with Bullard, fact not speculation. And Williams did make a balls-up of replacing Hughes - fact and opinion, not speculation.

But here is another opinion because opinions and debate are one of the many reasons why fans love football : Williams should consider his own position if Rovers are relegated.

jim/doris/john, if you are going to pontificate, please, tell everyone about your knowledge that Yorke was going to push the Rovers up the table and away from relegation. Should the link get published again?

Also, if you are going to state things and then say they are factual, give us your proof.

I ask for nothing more.

I think Bellemy11 put it succinctly in his "rearrangement".

Board put the blockers on Bullard. Might have broken down but would have kept us up if fit. If BFS thought it was worth a punt they had surely to back him. How did they think he'd take it?

How do we know he was interested in Bullard?

Williams has let things stagnate for quite a while now,,,,,,,,,,,,The Academy is a shambles and he has not acted on that for a while now................The scouting system is a joke in that they are unable to find a few players(right winger left winger striker).............Act Now Mr Willaims especially on the Academy side..............Bobby Downes needs to be put out to pastures new........Fresh Ideas from Fresh minds............

Theno, if you or anyone else had any cred, you'd be working in football.................

The reason I'm not in football? I've got more sense.

I can't afford the reduction in income that heading up a Prem club would lead to....... maybe I could manage to do part time.

Would you like a Blue Peter badge?

Might do.

How would you have reacted Don to the selective memory and accusation as displayed by magicmort? He says hindsight is wonderful but no one was more vociferous than me in stating that Ince would prove to be a dud and that he would be sacked in quick time and that he'd leave us in a relegation scrap and that our best players would leave and that he had no intention of fulfill he coaching issues and that his appointments were duds and that we'd leak goals for fun with his 'passing' game and that crowds would drop and that ..............

............. sorry had to surface and gulp some air.

Williams has let things stagnate for quite a while now,,,,,,,,,,,,The Academy is a shambles and he has not acted on that for a while now................The scouting system is a joke in that they are unable to find a few players(right winger left winger striker).............Act Now Mr Willaims especially on the Academy side..............Bobby Downes needs to be put out to pastures new........Fresh Ideas from Fresh minds............

I'm not all that familiar with life behind the scenes at Ewood but I think you may have a point. The 'comfort zone' is a term that springs to mind in too many instances. Maybe he needs to shake up more of his staff and either request more from or move out Finn and Williams Jnr too. We offer 3 or 4 year contracts to footballers maybe we should apply the same rules to all.

Might do.

How would you have reacted Don to the selective memory and accusation as displayed by magicmort? He says hindsight is wonderful but no one was more vociferous than me in stating that Ince would prove to be a dud and that he would be sacked in quick time and that he'd leave us in a relegation scrap and that our best players would leave and that he had no intention of fulfill he coaching issues and that his appointments were duds and that we'd leak goals for fun with his 'passing' game and that crowds would drop and that ..............

To be honest I remember your posts with regards to Ince from the moment he was considered as a replacement - you have always been anti to his appointment. My own stance was that I was willing to give him a chance. - which he blew bigtime.

I also was not overjoyed about BS being apponted before Ince - today I am more than happy and surprised at how well Sam has done for Rovers.

Might do.

I'm not all that familiar with life behind the scenes at Ewood but I think you may have a point. The 'comfort zone' is a term that springs to mind in too many instances. Maybe he needs to shake up more of his staff and either request more from or move out Finn and Williams Jnr too. We offer 3 or 4 year contracts to footballers maybe we should apply the same rules to all.

Unless they are concentrating more on staying in the prem at the moment - because everything behind the scenes hinges on that today. In the summer when they know what league they are playing in, is when Sam may get more involved and shake up the youth system etc. But Sam's role at the moment is keeping rovers in the prem.

To be honest I remember your posts with regards to Ince from the moment he was considered as a replacement - you have always been anti to his appointment. My own stance was that I was willing to give him a chance. - which he blew bigtime.

I also was not overjoyed about BS being apponted before Ince - today I am more than happy and surprised at how well Sam has done for Rovers.

Basically you've typed an awful lot to simply say that I was right and you were wrong Pafell. ;):)

Unless they are concentrating more on staying in the prem at the moment - because everything behind the scenes hinges on that today. In the summer when they know what league they are playing in, is when Sam may get more involved and shake up the youth system etc. But Sam's role at the moment is keeping rovers in the prem.

I was referring to JW not SA Pafell.

Correct of course but according to one dim poster speculation and opinion has no place on this board plus you have no credibility because you don't work in football (see previous page) :blink:

Williams no doubt thinks the academy will come good given time. But then he thought the same about Ince until even the apparently disinterested trustees forced him to act.

Laidback might be a good description of his management style. Meanwhile the club stagnates and he continues laughing all the way to the bank.

Basically you've typed an awful lot to simply say that I was right and you were wrong Pafell. ;):)

Apart from the fact you stated that Allardyce would NOT join us as we BURNT OUR BRIDGES with him in the summer.

So even you aren't perfect.

ER I do not think you can consider wanting to give somebody a chance as being wrong. <_< Ince got it wrong, he screwed his chance up.

Are not JW's hands tied until he knows where Rovers will be playing next season? Also the trustees with holding funding when they didn't help matters. Anyway we can only speculate on what is going on behind the scenes.

Apart from the fact you stated that Allardyce would NOT join us as we BURNT OUR BRIDGES with him in the summer.

So even you aren't perfect.

I think most of us thought we may have burnt our bridges in the summer over Sam. Not one of us said Sam's wife and their holiday stopped his appointment in the summer.

Question for Williams...........How is it that Harry and spurs was able to convince Sunderland for chimonda yet Williams just took the "Not for Sale" answer from them when SAM wanted Diouf....................Back your Manager will you......I can see Sam walking out on BRFC with backing like hes getting at the moment.

I noticed Diouf has not played for the last 2 games so thats where i can see something happening if anyhting does happen.....................

Are not JW's hands tied until he knows where Rovers will be playing next season? Also the trustees with holding funding when they didn't help matters. Anyway we can only speculate on what is going on behind the scenes.

I think most of us thought we may have burnt our bridges in the summer over Sam. Not one of us said Sam's wife and their holiday stopped his appointment in the summer.

You might have said that. I said he would be desperate to get back into football and would take the job if offered it. I thought the only stumbling block would be if Sunderland came in for him.

That's 1 each. Don't blow your own trumpet, you are not Prince

You might have said that. I said he would be desperate to get back into football and would take the job if offered it. I thought the only stumbling block would be if Sunderland came in for him.

That's 1 each. Don't blow your own trumpet, you are not Prince

Chill out, BuckyRover - I didn't realise there was a competition going on. I am not interested in point scoring with you or anybody else. I post on this board on this and that subject and if people agree with what I post so be it, if not, again so be it. Everybody is entitled to their own point of view - I draw the line at being disrespectful to the 'person' with regards to anothers view point - though admittedly it is hard sometimes. :brfcsmilie:

Gutted I've missed all the intelligent debate on here in the past 24 hours... every time someone makes a sensible, balanced post someone else jumps in with a load of abusive and blinkered rubbish.

For the record I stated many times on here that I thought Ince would be a disaster, but I wanted to wait and see, give the guy a chance. One of the reasons for that was I didn't think there were any better options and I still don't - Laudrup and his list of clauses and get-outs included. If anyone who "closely follows the club" wants to inform me of any, go ahead.

How do we know he was interested in Bullard?

Oh he was.

Scouting at senior level is getting better. At Junior/academy level everything you've said is bob on. Quote "We like our young players to play a few years older than them - they learn a lot from getting beat.' Couldn't even beat our Sunday League Juniors!

Theno, if you or anyone else had any cred, you'd be working in football. The bloke you mentioned had Yorke down as the messiah when he got signed, How good does that make his comment?

It's the easiest thing to be a critic outside, but get in there and feel the heat.

The reason I'm not in football? I've got more sense.

DB - Cal down, How do you know we're not? I'll be working at Everton, Liverpool, and Rovers over the next few weeks. Just can't bring myself to go to Utd.

Is there a full moon tonight? Very Rowdy on here.

Question for Williams...........How is it that Harry and spurs was able to convince Sunderland for chimonda yet Williams just took the "Not for Sale" answer from them when SAM wanted Diouf....................Back your Manager will you......I can see Sam walking out on BRFC with backing like hes getting at the moment.

I noticed Diouf has not played for the last 2 games so thats where i can see something happening if anyhting does happen.....................

It's not at that stage yet but.......

Chill out, BuckyRover - I didn't realise there was a competition going on. I am not interested in point scoring with you or anybody else. I post on this board on this and that subject and if people agree with what I post so be it, if not, again so be it. Everybody is entitled to their own point of view - I draw the line at being disrespectful to the 'person' with regards to anothers view point - though admittedly it is hard sometimes. :brfcsmilie:

Apologies PAFELL. That was a case of mis-quoting. I had been riled by theno (It happens far too often ;) ).

Sorry again.

Back your Manager will you......I can see Sam walking out on BRFC with backing like hes getting at the moment.

I wouldn't be suprised. Hughes was p1ssed off last spring we don't want history repeating itself. Alternatively we don't want to take on silly debt.

Apologies PAFELL. That was a case of mis-quoting. I had been riled by theno (It happens far too often ;) ).

Sorry again.

No problem, apology accepted. But I have to say to you, that you have to stop taking various posts personally. As though it is an attack on you.

Theno and others sometimes makes comments contary to my posts - some of it harsh - especially when I make a mistake, come out with an opinion etc - so be it, I do not careless, that is life.

My view is that life is too short to get angry and twisted etc over comments from faceless people on a message board. Faceless meaning I do not know the people on here and they do not know me. If we don't like a post, so be it. It is not like a conversation in person where it is often harder to ignore. On any message board we can all just ignore, not read, not comment.

BuckyRover enjoy the message board, agree or disagree with posts, comment, don't comment at your leisure. But leave the anger etc for other things more important in life. :brfcsmilie::rover:

Dear Sir,

Please release the funds, or force the trustees to release the funds, for the manager to sign in the next 2 days a decent right back, dynamic midfield player, right-sided attacker and centre forward.

I point as evidence to the great improvement shown by Hull City when Bulllard came on as a substutute against West Ham United last night. At £5m he could be the difference between Hull staying up and going down.

Failure to carry out the above will be a dereliction of duty and could lead to loss of employment in the event of relegation.

Yours,

Sorry again.

Anybody reading your recent posts and the tone and amount of responses to them would surely come to the conclusion suggest that it's you who is out to rile everybody else.

Think on.

Dear Sir,

Please release the funds, or force the trustees to release the funds, for the manager to sign in the next 2 days a decent right back, dynamic midfield player, right-sided attacker and centre forward.

I point as evidence to the great improvement shown by Hull City when Bulllard came on as a substutute against West Ham United last night. At £5m he could be the difference between Hull staying up and going down.

Failure to carry out the above will be a dereliction of duty and could lead to loss of employment in the event of relegation.

Yours,

5m plus an equal amount for wages for Bullard and his knee? I dont think we have 40m spare Jim. Adding Spit to the squad would prob cover most of those positions.

5m plus an equal amount for wages for Bullard and his knee? I dont think we have 40m spare Jim. Adding Spit to the squad would prob cover most of those positions.

Not so much the player but the willingness to invest ; I understand the need to avoid panic buys but Rovers have such glaring weaknesses in the team that money has to be spent.

Archived