BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Messages For John Williams

mark

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: when are we going to pay money for some one jw,the team needs strengthening and we do nothing,i can see santa going last minute,no replacement and the championship here we come :brfcsmilie:

Why waste money when you don't have to?

If Givet turns out like Villanueva, once again its another cracking piece of business. If he doesn't and turns out to be the player Big Sam wants, then again its great business as we have first option. We need to spend yes, but the first option we need to be looking at is if they are available on loan.

We don't have the financial backing of City.

Why waste money when you don't have to?

If Givet turns out like Villanueva, once again its another cracking piece of business. If he doesn't and turns out to be the player Big Sam wants, then again its great business as we have first option. We need to spend yes, but the first option we need to be looking at is if they are available on loan.

We don't have the financial backing of City.

Not until they buy Santa Cruz

:rover: when are we going to pay money for some one jw,the team needs strengthening and we do nothing,i can see santa going last minute,no replacement and the championship here we come :brfcsmilie:

You have just revealed to us all that you do not have a clue what you are talking about. Why buy the first player that comes along? All the big clubs make their moves first - which often leaves other players wanting to leave the big clubs. Sam has wanted to look at the squad that he has got, sadly he missed out on the Fulham game for an additional assessment. It is quite possible that RSC has to eat a huge portion of humble pie - just like Bennie has had to do. This will work in Rovers favour - if both Bennie and RSC consider they have points to prove. This includes Pedersen who has suffered for form for awhile now - one person who will get him playing well again will be big Sam. If Sam has a confidence building affect on the whole squad Rovers will avoid relegation with time to spare. Buying a big money player is not what is important, but buying the right player that can come in to the team and can do a decent job. :rover::brfcsmilie:

You have just revealed to us all that you do not have a clue what you are talking about. Why buy the first player that comes along?

I think you're the one who doesn't have a clue, we've been waiting for for a number of transfer windows now and are still waiting.

I agree we don't want to buy just anyone, but clearly we need a couple of established Premiership players or Waggys right, we're heading to the championship.

I think you're the one who doesn't have a clue, we've been waiting for for a number of transfer windows now and are still waiting.

I agree we don't want to buy just anyone, but clearly we need a couple of established Premiership players or Waggys right, we're heading to the championship.

I believe the club has also known that that team needs strengthening. But they cannot just go out and buy anybody. JW saying recently that rovers are in danger of going out of business if they are relegated paints the picture for the past few transfer windows - basically there hasn't been the money available. Prudence is still the answer - yes supporters have wanted the club to buy players to strengthen the team. But we have also to take into consideration this current credit crunch - which was foreseen by many a few years ago, before it happened and it is nowhere near finished yet - the current globle financial situation is with us for a few years yet. I suggest that the trustees and the board have had to operate extremely prudently to keep the club going. Thankfully (not quick enough in my view) they saw that Ince was going in the wrong direction and therefore could not trust him with the transfer kitty.

I am very confident that Big Sam will get this team playing for him and playing well. Rovers will not be relegated.

By the way I wasn't having ago at waggy - though re-reading my other post looks like I was. (sorry waggy)

Thirded.

We need a couple of top quality additions to the side even if RSC stays. If he leaves we need a top quality striker in on top of that as well. Piddling about getting a couple of back up players on loan isn't going to help keep us up.

What's the cost of relegation? 30-40m?

What's the cost of relegation? 30-40m?

God almighty.....sometimes (often) anyone with half a brain despairs at the tripe posted here.

We have been in the Premier League for several years and have LOST money each year.

RELEGATION WOULD SAVE US MONEY. DEEUUURRHHHH!!!!

Having said that lets hope we INCREASE OUR DEBT to stay in the money sapping top flight.....

STANLEY STANLEY STANLEY STANLEY

STANLEY STANLEY STANLEY

(are in less debt than BRFC don't you know)

I believe the club has also known that that team needs strengthening. But they cannot just go out and buy anybody. JW saying recently that rovers are in danger of going out of business if they are relegated paints the picture for the past few transfer windows - basically there hasn't been the money available. Prudence is still the answer - yes supporters have wanted the club to buy players to strengthen the team. But we have also to take into consideration this current credit crunch - which was foreseen by many a few years ago, before it happened and it is nowhere near finished yet - the current globle financial situation is with us for a few years yet. I suggest that the trustees and the board have had to operate extremely prudently to keep the club going. Thankfully (not quick enough in my view) they saw that Ince was going in the wrong direction and therefore could not trust him with the transfer kitty.

I am very confident that Big Sam will get this team playing for him and playing well. Rovers will not be relegated.

By the way I wasn't having ago at waggy - though re-reading my other post looks like I was. (sorry waggy)

Hmmm.

Is it me or does the current policy of selling your best players and not spending any of that income failing? Oh yes we are second from bottom.

As Rev says Relegation will cost 40m + , so therefore not spending any money in this transfer window is simply not an option.

STANLEY STANLEY STANLEY

Afraid not, our turnover would reduce from c54m to c22m but unfortunately our wage bill would not reduce in a similar proportion.

Stanley may have less debt than BRFC but obviously Rovers relatively low level of debt is considered quite serviceable in comparison to turnover/assets.

God almighty.....sometimes (often) anyone with half a brain despairs at the tripe posted here.

We have been in the Premier League for several years and have LOST money each year.

Having said that lets hope we INCREASE OUR DEBT to stay in the money sapping top flight.....

STANLEY STANLEY STANLEY

great harwood under 12's aren't in the red, so the rumour goes

let's be them

Hmmm.

Is it me or does the current policy of selling your best players and not spending any of that income failing? Oh yes we are second from bottom.

As Rev says Relegation will cost 40m + , so therefore not spending any money in this transfer window is simply not an option.

Er the season is still on going -yes Rovers made a mistake in appointing Ince as a manager. BUT the players in SAM'SQUAD are the same who finished 7th in the table last season. The players refused to play for Ince - the sad reality, as they should have played for the club first and foremost.

Rovers will finish in the top ten this season.

Er the season is still on going -yes Rovers made a mistake in appointing Ince as a manager. BUT the players in SAM'SQUAD are the same who finished 7th in the table last season. The players refused to play for Ince - the sad reality, as they should have played for the club first and foremost.

Rovers will finish in the top ten this season.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What are you the trusts mole on the board. No cash outlay on players in the last 4-5 seasons is simply not good enough. Ince was appointed because he was the cheap option.

As for your 7th placed argument- we had a manager capable of getting the very last bit of talent out of an average squad with no money. We hugely overachived under Hughes, this squad based purely on talent is low-midtable.

No cash outlay on players in the last 4-5 seasons is simply not good enough. Ince was appointed because he was the cheap option.

Eh? 8 of the starting 11 in our last league match have come to the club in the last 4/5 years. Only Emerton, Tugay and Pedersen have been here longer (and not much longer in Pedersen's case). We may have received more in fees than we have paid out but we have clearly had plenty of new faces on a regular basis and we have paid them well. Oh and Ince wasn't a cheap option either.

Lets ee

Accy Stanley debt free playing football on a park pitch, no crowd, not an atmosphere in sight and clod hoppers on the pitch.

Rovers, classy stadia, top notch facilities and a minimal debt in these days if football finance playing Premiership football ?

Tashor, take your pick, for me its not the clod hopping muddites on a park pitch but if thats yr fancy off ya go mate.

enjoy

Eh? 8 of the starting 11 in our last league match have come to the club in the last 4/5 years. Only Emerton, Tugay and Pedersen have been here longer (and not much longer in Pedersen's case). We may have received more in fees than we have paid out but we have clearly had plenty of new faces on a regular basis and we have paid them well. Oh and Ince wasn't a cheap option either.

I think his point was that over the last few seasons we've probably had a positive net outlay on transfers, which I think is true. It doesn't show a lot of ambition on the part of the board. I'm not going to advocate spending beyond our means, but there have been certain moments in the past few years where spending a bit more money could have done us a lot of good and we simply haven't done it. Sooner or later that will catch up with us and it will prove a lot more costly than an extra couple million on players would have.

Whooosh :blink:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What are you the trusts mole on the board. No cash outlay on players in the last 4-5 seasons is simply not good enough. Ince was appointed because he was the cheap option.

As for your 7th placed argument- we had a manager capable of getting the very last bit of talent out of an average squad with no money. We hugely overachived under Hughes, this squad based purely on talent is low-midtable.

I have no conection with the trustees at all.

I face reality. Rovers have bought players when they could afford to do so. They have backed the manager with what they have got - which sadly is not much.

Ince was not a cheap option - he turned out to be an expensive mistake.

As to 7th place argument. The squad today was not much different from last season - ok bar Bentley, freidel.

rovers have now gone 4 games in the prem unbeaten, keeping clean sheets (apart from the city game) and scoring goals as well under big sam, scored 8 and conceeded 2. Maybe you consider this to over achieving now Sam is in charge.

Lets ee

Accy Stanley debt free playing football on a park pitch, no crowd, not an atmosphere in sight and clod hoppers on the pitch.

Rovers, classy stadia, top notch facilities and a minimal debt in these days if football finance playing Premiership football ?

Tashor, take your pick, for me its not the clod hopping muddites on a park pitch but if thats yr fancy off ya go mate.

enjoy

I'm a spoilt fat owner of a top of the range automatic german car (or two), own a coffee machine costing over 1k, wife with handbags costing the same etc etc - so what do you think?

I love us being a small fish (theme of the day) in a big pond - I love everything about following Rovers - even the stuff that winds me up.

My youngest cannot remember our 2 years in the second flight but would like to go away to Dingles/B'pool/Preston and have a promotion battle - seeing this as compensation for the horror of being relegated. I feel this is more likely than not in the next 5 years but am dreading it.

Funny thing though - would our owners prefer it? The money we would lose is MORE than we are worth with it!? We would earn AND spend alot less - would we cheer our cheaper clod hoppers any less.

Even without Sultana Murdoch' shilling our owners could be BETTER off - if they sold off players and cut their losses. Funny that - and yes I do know that Uncle Jack's legacy is designed to prevent that.

So I don't really know anymore - alot of it doesn't seem to make any sense. All I do know is that I certainly WILL enjoy the ride. As I hope you all will.

With regards to relegation and money it is a total no brainer.

Going down = financial hari kiri

Relegation and football; for every Brum and Reading scrapping it out for the second promotion spot (ie it is a toss up for going up automatically even if you have a very good first season down), you find recently departed Prem clubs like Leeds and Leicester in Div 3, Charlton as good as relegated already and Southampton, Watford, Norwich and Derby all in the second division's relegation zone.

So having lived through my 26 of my first 27 years active Rovers supporting getting relegated from the top flight and then in banishment, I don't really want to wait to be 79 before Rovers are back in the top flight again.

So having lived through my 26 of my first 27 years active Rovers supporting getting relegated from the top flight and then in banishment, I don't really want to wait to be 79 before Rovers are back in the top flight again.

Maybe we wouldn't if you could simply give up with running the concert party and tried turning your hand to selling a bit of steel gunner. ;)

Archived