BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Messages For John Williams

mark

Ewood 20 1-17

The Ten Commandments

1 And the FAN spoke all these words:

2 "I am the FAN your God, who brought you out of TV land, out of the land of slavery.

3 "You shall have no other opinions before mine.

4 "You shall not make for yourself a plan of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below unless I completely agree.

5 You shall not think anything I do not subscribe to; for I, the FAN your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who question me,

6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 "You shall not misuse the name of the FAN your God, for the FAN will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

8 "Remember the transfer window by keeping it busy.

9 Nine months you shall dally and do no work,

10 but the window is important to the FAN your God. On it you shall work, you, your manager and assistant, your scout and chief scout, your players, the journalists within your gates.

11 For in nine months the FAN made the transfer budget, the wages, and all that is in them, but he waited impatiently for the nine months. Therefore the FAN blessed the transfer window and demands it be busy.

12 "Honor your message board and your blog, so that you may live long in the land the FAN your God is giving you.

13 "You shall not question.

14 "You shall not take your time.

15 "You shall not not sign a player.

16 "You shall not give false testimony to the paper.

17 "You shall covet your neighbor's stadium. You shall covet your neighbor's player, and his scout and coach, his physio and prospect, and anything that belongs to your neighbor."

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Intelligent fans knew that Ince was a gamble worth taking at the time, and the only option after Allardyce was hounded out of the running.

The arrogance of the idea that any fan knows more about running a football club than our chief exec astounds me.

Tripe.

The appointment of Ince was an act of downright stupidity by Williams and in many other industries he would have lost his own job because of it. And neither was Ince the "only option" , as anyone who follows the club closely would tell you.

Chief execs make mistakes and alot of them are downright useless : see banks, building societies, other financial institutions etc etc.

But you keep doffing your cap and licking their boots: it probably makes you feel better.

Tripe.

The appointment of Ince was an act of downright stupidity by Williams and in many other industries he would have lost his own job because of it. And neither was Ince the "only option" , as anyone who follows the club closely would tell you.

Chief execs make mistakes and alot of them are downright useless : see banks, building societies, other financial institutions etc etc.

But you keep doffing your cap and licking their boots: it probably makes you feel better.

I haven't made any personal remarks on this site, please don't stoop to that level with me.

I also haven't said these people don't make mistakes, I said they are the best qualified for the job, certainly better than the fans.

Who do you think was a better option than Ince? Laudrup? Do you NOT think John Williams does a good job of running this club?

Do you NOT think John Williams does a good job of running this club?

At present No, because he messed up the one big decision he has to get right, the appointment of the manager.

If Rovers are relegated Williams will be directly responsible.

At present No, because he messed up the one big decision he has to get right, the appointment of the manager.

If Rovers are relegated Williams will be directly responsible.

Didn`t Mr Williams appoint Mark Hughes and Graeme Souness? I think he got those right. Jw believed he was right with Paul Ince as he ticked all the right boxes but at least after the Wigan debacle he wasted no time in appointing Sam Allardyce. I agree that we all make mistakes; its how you react to those mistakes that defines your worth.

. I agree that we all make mistakes; its how you react to those mistakes that defines your worth.

Rovers cannot afford "mistakes", one bad decision and the club is a goner like Leeds, Forest and the rest. Williams appointed the right man in the end but delayed his decision far too long. Anecdotal evidence is that he wanted to stick with Ince, evidence of a man unwilling to admit his errors.

Tripe.

Come on, the options were limited. All the other candidates came with caveats, little clauses in their contracts.

Ince obviously made all the right noises about long term planning, bringing on youth etc etc. Personally I thought he was worth a gamble - I am sure the board felt (like I did) that the current squad was basically good enough to give Ince some time to get into Premiership football - not many would have predicted what happened next.

Also, lets not forget, that most fans making Sam out to be the next saviour, didn't want him anywhere near the club in the summer. Personally - though he is the best man for the current job, I do wonder how he will take us forward (if he keeps us up).

While JW bashing - lets not forget he brought in Souness and Hughes - getting some criticism from fans in doing so - but ultimately being proved correct.

I know us fans are always begging for more cash for more players.. but I have to say the situation seems a bit daft at the moment..

The thing I would love to ask JW is what are the plans for the future of the club..?

Money wise we are probably looking at least loosing 8-10m on TV revenue even if we survive, we are a pretty prudent club in general but our long term success depends on more than just playing staff..

Why is our PR dept so poor.. we are a town club why do we not invest while we can in vastly improved PR? We need to tap more into worldwide positioning of Blackburn.. Surely it cant be rocket science, we are one of the old and most successful teams in english football yet a small town club... that has to appeal to someone out there?

JJB dude is out of the running to buy the club.. given the current financial climate we will struggle to find investors, blackburn is no City (less people less rich people who are true fans), we dont have the fan base to sell.. so what are our options?

And what the hell happened to our youth system?

We cant keep churning through managers with potential or managers looking for a step up (In my opinion Sam is only here to rebuild his reputation), we cant keep selling our best players.. we need to look at long term prospects..

Surely our playing staff is pretty good at the moment, we are lacking in a few positions, but overall we are still a decent side.. surely a gamble like Bolton are willing to do would be prudent?.. 5 positions in the league is near 5m in TV revenue.. without a right winger of decent quality we are stuffed.

My personal opinion is JW is doing a fantastic job but his hands are very tied by a much more prudent group who control the club and have been trying to sell it for a while.. please try something different to give us a future or we will vanish as a club.

Intelligent fans knew that Ince was a gamble worth taking at the time, and the only option after Allardyce was hounded out of the running.

NONE of the fans know how much effort was put into chasing a Bentley replacement, and the man who made the decisions on transfer targets was the man in charge at the time, who was neither a board member or a chief exec. It was Ince.

The arrogance of the idea that any fan knows more about running a football club than our chief exec astounds me.

Your first sentence absolutely astounds me! Events have proven that those 'intelligent' fans were way wrong!............... in fact if thats intelligence then I prefer to be considered thick!

Anybody with an ounce of common sense should have seen that Paul Ince does not possess the necessary qualities for top football management.

Your first sentence absolutely astounds me! Events have proven that those 'intelligent' fans were way wrong!............... in fact if thats intelligence then I prefer to be considered thick!

Anybody with an ounce of common sense should have seen that Paul Ince does not possess the necessary qualities for top football management.

100% agree, Paul Ince was neither tactically aware or astute and as for his backroom signings!!! Oh my god!!

Exceptionally poor!

You're viewing his tenure with hindsight.

We appointed Ince on the same basis as we hired Hughes and he didnt turn out too badly did he.

Of course Ince turned out to be a poor choice, that isnt the point, the point is that he was appointed with similar credentials to Hughes, so to say we should have forseen how badly he was going to do is stupid.

We appointed Ince on the same basis as we hired Hughes and he didnt turn out too badly did he.

Of course Ince turned out to be a poor choice, that isnt the point, the point is that he was appointed with similar credentials to Hughes, so to say we should have forseen how badly he was going to do is stupid.

I do agree to an extent, but the club should have had warnings when Matthias was coming as number twpo, totally inept!!

Whilst nobody likes a smart-arse, I'm pretty sure that 'Drog had took up his 'Ince isn't good enough' position from day 1.

, so to say we should have forseen how badly he was going to do is stupid.

All the old heads on here had the foresight to see he would be a disaster so why did Williams appoint him ?

Ince's main problem was a basic lack of intelligence that manifested itself off the field in an inability to assemble a good management team around him and on the field an inability to coach, organise and motivate players more intelligent than himself.

The man was a accident waiting to happen: anyone who does not acknowledge that is quite frankly stupid.

Really?

Don't want to be deemed a smart arse but would you mind clicking these, noting the dates and then reporting back please magicmortensleftpeg........

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=627808

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=627788

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=628673

As Jim says the more intuitive posters were dismayed at his possible appointment as soon as his name was linked with BRFC. To this day I am still aghast / mystefied / appalled etc at JW's decision to appoint him. wtf he was thinking of God only knows. I realise that pencils have rubbers on one end cos EVERYBODY makes mistakes but as Jim points out the appointment and his backing of Ince leaves a large question mark over JW's ability.

Really?

Don't want to be deemed a smart arse but would you mind clicking these, noting the dates and then reporting back please magicmortensleftpeg........

As Jim says the more intuitive posters were dismayed at his possible appointment as soon as his name was linked with BRFC. To this day I am still aghast / mystefied / appalled etc at JW's decision to appoint him. wtf he was thinking of God only knows. I realise that pencils have rubbers on one end cos EVERYBODY makes mistakes but as Jim points out the appointment and his backing of Ince leaves a large question mark over JW's ability.

Would you like a Blue Peter badge?

Hughes, fully qualified UEFA coach - Several years experience in managing top class players at international level.

Ince no coaching qualification - 18 months lower league management

as you say he was appointed with similar credentials to Hughes,

Really?

Theno, if you or anyone else had any cred, you'd be working in football. The bloke you mentioned had Yorke down as the messiah when he got signed, How good does that make his comment?

It's the easiest thing to be a critic outside, but get in there and feel the heat.

The reason I'm not in football? I've got more sense.

Do we know that, Prof?

yep, Sams the (todate) man, but how are the board withholding the dosh? We just don't know.

Board put the blockers on Bullard. Might have broken down but would have kept us up if fit. If BFS thought it was worth a punt they had surely to back him. How did they think he'd take it?

Archived