• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest benmaxwell
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...uth/8066554.stm

never been his biggest fan , good on him for staying in PL though

hope we get sean davis from pompey as his replacement

Your about a day out mate...

Sean Davis would be a good replacement for Mokoena...

In other news, Duff has said he wants to stay loyal to Newcastle, as he has always been loyal in the passed... Erm... Right..... <_<

Nicko talked about imaginative and better than Kuranyi, and 'before Santa Cruz departure', so that leaves out Tuncay and probably also Podolski, Viduka etc too. I'm thinking that he hasn't been named yet, and that we'll be utterly and completely awed with Big Sam for pulling it off, Nicko certainly looked excited for us. Not too sure about Van der Meyde, but then again Campo et al probably proved us all wrong. We need some solid midfielders, and I hope we can pull that off without too big an outlay financially, maybe one of these loan-to-buy of some youngster of United's or something, they looked rock steady against Hull (probably not saying much, but they were still fighting for survival). We'll see if Santa Cruz goes, and I have my doubts. Have to say that I'm not terribly fussed about how the stars want to play for bigger sides, we just can't expect them to stay and hope for a place in the UEFA Cup. The Matt LeTissier's are long gone.

In other news, Duff has said he wants to stay loyal to Newcastle, as he has always been loyal in the passed... Erm... Right..... <_<

Past.

I think you're being a little unfair. Duff stayed with us when we went down and helped us get back up. When Chelsea came knocking, they made a series of bids and it was only when they hit the magical figure could they talk to him. From what I remember, he never made any noise about wanting to leave during this time (when numerous successive bids were being made). If there wasn't a release clause (where have we heard that phrase before?), I actually think he would've stayed loyal to us. You can't blame him for joining Chelsea in the end. I mean the amount of money on offer would've been huge and with the Abramovich project just beginning - any one of us would've one the same thing and moved if we were lucky enough to be in that situation.

The only possible thing you could have a go at him for is his badge kissing (and possibly celebrating) at Ewood when he scored against us playing for Chelsea.

Having said that, Duff was one of my favourite players to watch, great skill, pace and ability. Such a shame that his legs have gone now.

I havent seen much of sean davis but why does everyone want him so bad, yeah sure its a free transfer but isnt he just another average player.

we need to do a deal with spurs for Huddlestone he is excatly what we need to replace Tugay.

I agree. Davis isn´t so much better than Grella or even Andrews that he´d make us any better. I bet Sam has some CM from Europe on mind. Maybe from France. Or that Rayo Vallecano younster.

I agree. Davis isn´t so much better than Grella or even Andrews that he´d make us any better. I bet Sam has some CM from Europe on mind. Maybe from France. Or that Rayo Vallecano younster.

completely disagree , davis bossed the midfield against us the other week , grella was chasing shadows ,

our midfield is that poor he would walk straight into it

sean davis to replace aaron mokoena on a free would surely be an improvement??

i was personally impressed with sean davis against us-i thought he was miles better then vince grella who we paid 4million for-and seeing as he is free in the summer i think we should definatly try get him...

i would say 2 central midfielders are needed in the summer-so maybe spending money on one central midfielder and getting one in for free could be a good deal..

If there was anything left in him then Moyes would have gotten it out

A change of scenery and manager can do wonders. Not that I am saying he will be any good but Sam is a good enough judge of a players ability and desire to know if he has what it takes.

Archived