BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The club is currently on a high at the moment: securing Premier League status, new Season ticket offer, Tugay day topping off the current mood at Rovers.

But.

We are now looking at Tugay, Ooijer, Moko and Carlos leaving (for starters), and potentially Van De Meyde coming in - and the honeymoon feeling will wear off soon. We really need a quality signing to capture the imagination, avoid a repeat of last summer's transfer window misery and improve the chances of reaching 20k+ season tickets.

Really hoping that Nicko's tease doesn't become this summer's Joaquin...

Man, I remember that joaquin rumour last year,was in Florida and checked skysports after a week a way, and was so impressed by Ince, boy was I wrong.

I would rather AVM than butt, who in my opinion has been awful all season, if it's Owen I would do backflips!

• Backroom

I don't understand why people get excited over Owen he's not even a shadow of his former self, he's the moss growing in that shadow.

• Backroom

I was thinking the same Herbergeehh.

I had no idea VDM was only 29, could be worth a punt on a free.

Or he could be De Pedro mk II

Andy van der Meyde has been training with Rovers - and can sign on a free if Sam thinks he is worth it.

Oh dear.

I guess this is the start of Nicko's summer campaign against Sam.

Considering Sam's record this season (and at Bolton) I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Come on the Blades!

Andy van der Meyde has been training with Rovers - and can sign on a free if Sam thinks he is worth it.

Oh dear.

I wouldn't say that's that bad news. There's clearly talent there - you don't have 18 caps for Holland without having something about you. Obviously this has been massively squandered over the years and I'm sure he won't reach those levels again, but if Sam sees something in him during this training that suggests he can at least recover some of that old touch, he could be a useful backup player potentially.

• Backroom

Oh dear.

Out of interest Nicko why the Oh dear? Sam is having a no obligations look at a player who could come on a free. This is Big Sam not Ince I'll trust him (for now at least).

Any idea if there would be room for a pay as you play type deal or would he want big wages?

mystery signing who nicko doesnt want to name just yet...tuncay???

did anyone else see the banner in the JW stand today

Goodbye Tugay

Welcome Tuncay

yeh i seen the banner...

if andy van der meyde is training with us im sure he will have to impress sam allardyce if he signed..if he could return to early form he could be a shrewd signing-he used to be a top player all them years ago..

mystery signing who nicko doesnt want to name just yet...tuncay???

It would be a good signing but didn't Nicko say the target were after is not gonna cost much.

I would of thought Middlesborough would hold out for the biggest bid they receieve.

Oh dear.

fowleresque????

to be fair to allarydyce he has had enough time now to see exactly what this rovers squad has and hasn't got ... so where the chuffin nora is van der meyde gonna improve it???

hope you are wrong on this one nicko , completely and utterley pointless

i dont think Sbragia has left Sunderland, he's just resigned as manager.

Thats probably PR for the telly.

Funny old world. Shearer takes Newcastle down after an own goal from Duff, after Sam was fired. Last manager to take Newcastle down was Jim Smith. Spot the connections yet ;-)

Sunderland fired their manager for someone bigger and he will probably end up here.

Thats probably PR for the telly.

Funny old world. Shearer takes Newcastle down after an own goal from Duff, after Sam was fired. Last manager to take Newcastle down was Jim Smith. Spot the connections yet ;-)

Sunderland fired their manager for someone bigger and he will probably end up here.

Continuing the conspiracy theory, Sunderland hire Hughes who has been replaced by the Special One and Hughes goes for Roque Santa Cruz.

The last time i saw Van Der Meyde he looked finished as a top flight player, quite a strange one if sam signs him.

Nicko, will De Rossi be coming to the premier league or was that agent telling porkies about an English team bidding for him. I know it's not Rovers related, but i'm a real fan of his and wondered where he might end up.

Andy Van Der Meyde was a pretty good player, if Sam could get him back to that then that would awesome, I remember at the time people were wondering who was better him or Van Der Vaart.

Exactly. Five years ago he was an amazing talent.

Huge ask to sort out his demons and then whether his body is any good after wasting his best years.

If Sam takes him on, we can only hope.

He was never an amazing talent, philipl. He was at one point a good player, but never more than that. It's worth a try so long as his contract is not particularly expensive and is incentive based.

I will give the benefit of the doubt to VDM if he signs. The bloke has hardly played, and if Sam gives him at least the full pre season then he can evaluate if its worth the effort to sign him. I wonder if the mystery man is Tuncay, and whether Tugay might have had a word or 2 with him. The problem is that midfield is still the area that worries me. Also the players that are leaving except maybe Ooijer and RSC has been nothing more than bit part players. So Sam cant exactly get players in that will necessarily go straight into the starting line up, unless somebody else loses his place who are regular starters.

Archived