BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

I don't know if these days he's anything like the player he was at Arsenal, but if he's still half decent Vieira would be a sensational signing and would boost our profile no end. I would be very excited by that.

Whenever I've watched Vieira play for Inter (Which, admittedly, isn't very often) it's always saddened me. Now I never much liked him, but there's no denying he was a tremendous two-way player. Could do everything asked of a midfielder, and more. Would make a last-ditch tackle to save a certain goal, then run 90 yards to finish of the counter attack 15 seconds later. However with Inter he has looked a shadow of his former self. A friend of mine who watches a lot of Italian football however says that that form was a temporary thing and that he's been getting better again, but I don't really know what to believe.

Seen some suggestions that the entire squad will be offered for sale simply because of the £70m+ wage bill would have to be met by at most £30m of income next season

£70m and on the verge of relegation? That really is shocking... if anyone wants to talk about playing FM, then that's it. Giving every player exactly the wage they're asking for, never pulling the plug on a deal because it's too expensive, and never negotiating.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever I've watched Vieira play for Inter (Which, admittedly, isn't very often) it's always saddened me. Now I never much liked him, but there's no denying he was a tremendous two-way player. Could do everything asked of a midfielder, and more. Would make a last-ditch tackle to save a certain goal, then run 90 yards to finish of the counter attack 15 seconds later.

However with Inter he has looked a shadow of his former self.

A friend of mine who watches a lot of Italian football however says that that form was a temporary thing and that he's been getting better again, but I don't really know what to believe.

/quote]

You cant turn back the clock Lathund, pity, but Vieras days are drawing to a close. Rovers need to look forwards not backwards and invest in the stars of tomorrow.

You cant turn back the clock Lathund, pity, but Vieras days are drawing to a close. Rovers need to look forwards not backwards and invest in the stars of tomorrow.

I dont think Sam will be going for unproven players somehow, its not his style, but we shall see, I think you will see good and experienced players wh can make a real difference to the team.

I dont think Sam will be going for unproven players somehow, its not his style, but we shall see, I think you will see good and experienced players wh can make a real difference to the team.

Sorry Kelbo, but Jals right. We can't keep signing players in the twilight of there careers who will have no sell-on. We've got plenty of experienced premiership players. With our finances the way they are we have to see a return on our investments, at least with youger players there is a chance that can happen with the elders it won't. 27 and under and they should still have sell-on value.

Guest benmaxwell
What happened to nicko's story about the striker coming our way??

He's keeping it quiet until the deal is virtually done. It is going to be a BIG transfer, one that i think could shock quite a few people.

If he spills on here, it could end up in the media tipping off other teams that would be interested that do not know he is available...

Just be patient...

ROQUE - Arsenal tale NOT mine...I hear they want Chamakh from Bordeaux instead. Can't see Arsenal paying £20 million for a half-fit Roque.

MYSTERY MAN - Stayed quiet and must remain that way for now.

SHOCKER - There is a Fowleresque signing in the wind...got to say I didn't believe it at first...but it's right...and someone on here broke it about a week ago...well done that man/woman.

SHOCKER - There is a Fowleresque signing in the wind...got to say I didn't believe it at first...but it's right...and someone on here broke it about a week ago...well done that man/woman.

Van der Meyde? :unsure:

He's keeping it quiet until the deal is virtually done. It is going to be a BIG transfer, one that i think could shock quite a few people.

If he spills on here, it could end up in the media tipping off other teams that would be interested that do not know he is available...

Just be patient...

Ah, fair enough then.

I wasn't being impatient. I was just wondering if it had gone cold. :lol:

Guest benmaxwell
Van der Meyde? :unsure:

That would be my guess... If that is one of the 5 quality players Sam speaks of, it is rather disappointing...

Vierra ................ Now I never much liked him, but there's no denying he was a tremendous two-way player. Could do everything asked of a midfielder, and more. Would make a last-ditch tackle to save a certain goal, then run 90 yards to finish of the counter attack 15 seconds later.

:o:huh:

Good grief! I can't readily think of any reason that you would not like a midfielder who can do all that Lathund!

Whoever it is must have a crap agent if thats the case.

"Daniel Sturridge, Manchester City's young player of the year, will almost certainly leave Eastlands in the summer after talks broke down about his £75,000-a-week salary demands to become the best-paid teenager in English football.

After several months of negotiations, Sturridge has turned down City's final offer of around £45,000 a week and informed the club that he will look elsewhere unless they make him one of the team's highest earners, despite starting three league games all season."

ROQUE - Arsenal tale NOT mine...I hear they want Chamakh from Bordeaux instead. Can't see Arsenal paying £20 million for a half-fit Roque.

MYSTERY MAN - Stayed quiet and must remain that way for now.

Roque will be fit soon..According to Gerardo Martino,Roque is named in the Squad and there`s a good chance for him to play the second game against Brasil on 10.6.

"Daniel Sturridge, Manchester City's young player of the year, will almost certainly leave Eastlands in the summer after talks broke down about his £75,000-a-week salary demands to become the best-paid teenager in English football.

After several months of negotiations, Sturridge has turned down City's final offer of around £45,000 a week and informed the club that he will look elsewhere unless they make him one of the team's highest earners, despite starting three league games all season."

That's all very interesting but what relevance has it to us? We wouldn't offer him the 45k City are alleged to be offering let alone the 75k he supposedly wants.

Roque will be fit soon..According to Gerardo Martino,Roque is named in the Squad and there`s a good chance for him to play the second game against Brasil on 10.6.

Not fit for us, but a miraculous recovery in time to play for his country.

That's good news.

:rolleyes:

Still, a hat trick might boost his value back up to the 18-20m mark I guess.

Definitely one to avoid. I'll wager this lad never achieves his potential. Hew sounds to be just another dckhead like Richards.

Just another reality check for the people in this thread who are clearly on the wi-fi in cloud cuckoo land.

Ah - ok. :)

Sturridge looks a decent prospect but it is still only potential at this stage. As such his reported demands are ludicrous.

Micah Richards is showing signs of his career being on the decline already at age 20. Sturridge is in danger of going the same way carrying on like that.

Edit: tnr beat me to it. Great minds and all that........... :P

Well to be fair I think nicko has mentioned that Hughes is using his new mates in the press to put his side out there. If Sturridge wants to leave to seek out regular football then £45k a week to play three games isn't what he wants - in which case he might come to us for, say, £40k.

The trouble is that Rovers would have to pay those kinds of wages for what is basically a promising but unproven teenager. Chelsea won't bat an eyelid at those wages, but won't offer him regular games either. Villa or Everton, if either of them really are interested, seem like the best bets.

Well to be fair I think nicko has mentioned that Hughes is using his new mates in the press to put his side out there. If Sturridge wants to leave to seek out regular football then £45k a week to play three games isn't what he wants - in which case he might come to us for, say, £40k.

If reports are to believed however he could "put up" with only getting 3 starts per season for 75k p.w.!

:unsure:

:o:huh:

Good grief! I can't readily think of any reason that you would not like a midfielder who can do all that Lathund!

Difference between considering someone a good player and liking him. I don't like Joey Barton one bit, but he's a pretty decent footballer.

Archived