BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

Guest benmaxwell

Lets not forget that VDM is only 29, and Sam has tamed quite a few playboy footballers in his time.

We could do worse... Robbie Fowler for instance...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuncay would be an awesome signing - but unless we sell Roque I can't see where the cash is going to come from. I'd imagine he'll cost upwards of £6 million.

As for Van Der Meyde, I liked him in his Ajax days..but now I'm not so sure. It's not just about his ability any more - has he got the desire? Is he mentally right? Moyes strikes me as a good judge of ability and character, therefore I reckon this one will end up dead in the water.

Only 29? That's fairly odd for a player to suddenly return from the wilderness. He's injury plagued, inconsistent and enjoys the nightlife too much and it just doesn't make much sense as a signing. I don't understand the role he will fill. He's certainly no better than Diouf or Pedersen and the back-up role for right midfield could be filled by Doran/Emerton/Reid who would all do just as well. I would prefer to sign a right midfielder to come into the first team and then have Diouf as the perfect sub for right/left midfield and up front and as cover for all of those positions. To be signing someone like him goes totally against what Allardyce is saying in the press and just really seems a waste of money.

I don't see the issue with giving him a trial, I'd not exactly be over the moon with him signing but if Sam thinks he can recapture any of his Ajax form and we get him on a free then we should give him a fair crack of the whip.

I don't see the issue with giving him a trial, I'd not exactly be over the moon with him signing but if Sam thinks he can recapture any of his Ajax form and we get him on a free then we should give him a fair crack of the whip.

Neither do i, thing is with people on this board they dismiss any signing we make, 90% of this board were really against us signing Steven Warnock a couple of seasons ago "if he's not good enough for Livepool why is he good enough for us ( :lol: )" were among the quotes made when we signed him, now he's rovers new golden boy.

Nothing to lose in giving him a trial IMO, and i trust Sams judgment over anyone on here to be honest.

Get in Tuncay, and maybe another striker. Then you have Benni, Tuncay, Roberts and 1 more. Get MGP, EHD and VDM back to their best, and get Reid and Dunny fully fit then we might be a real force next season.

Tuncay would indeed be great as the AMC in a 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1; whatever one prefers to call it. Would also make it easier to handle the loss of Tugay, as we'll still have a technically gifted Turkish midfielder in the team ;)

I'd expect that there'll be a lot of competition for him however, and won't really think much about it unless it's confirmed that we're looking to sign him.

Where is Tuncay talk from? Agree, he is a great player. He suits 4-4-1-1 formation just under striker.

It came from absolutely nowhere, 2 + 2 has been put together & come up with 563!!! We have no idea who Nicko's secret target is & we will not know for a while yet, thats if we ever find out, remember the right winger who Ince was after but decided to stay put!! ........By the way, any chance of you letting us know who that is now Nicko????

i know todays game will have no bearing whatosever on big sams transfer targets , but , as a rovers fan of over 25 years i have never seen burnley beat blackburn in a competetive game and LONG may that continue , the players coming in have to be of real quality , i dont want to play that lot , but now that we have to i want players good enough to thrash them in their sleep

Neither do i, thing is with people on this board they dismiss any signing we make, 90% of this board were really against us signing Steven Warnock a couple of seasons ago "if he's not good enough for Livepool why is he good enough for us ( :lol: )" were among the quotes made when we signed him, now he's rovers new golden boy.

Nothing to lose in giving him a trial IMO, and i trust Sams judgment over anyone on here to be honest.

Ok lets look at it this way.

Sam says 4-5 quality players, Van der meyde comes in on trial a right winger with a poor reputation and attitude.

David moyes is no fool and if he struggles to get the best out of him, then I think sam will as well. Moyes finished 5th again this year with a team thats perhaps on paper not the 5th strongest team in the league. Arteta was injured for a lot of the season but did Moyes draft in VDM no. 3 sub apearences in a whole season when everton have been decimated with injuries, why????

If you say we're only going to sign 4-5 quality players and then he comes in, it sets the wrong tone, especially since we just halved our season tickets prices. We need new season ticket holders and lots of them, as such our first signing needs to stir up the fans and generate more interest in the club, VDM and its business as usual at Rovers, old has beens with no re-sale, so more money ###### down the toliet at rovers. :angry2:

I thought Judge would get the back-up role next year, he did well at Plymouth and has earnt his chance.

if he's as bad as we think he is (I still think he's well, well past it) then Sam will see it and we'll not sign him. We've had players train with us and not sign, I wasnt too pleased when we thought we were signing Agathe, but if Sam thinks there is something left in him, then I'll trust him.

If there was anything left in him then Moyes would have gotten it out, hopefully he'll come and go quicker than Robbie did. Sam's done really well here, but I don't want our squad filled with old has beens when there is no need, we need 1st 11 players not squadies we have enough of them and Judge can play that role, when required.

Jonas Guiterrez(sp) anybody? I know he hasnt done much, but he was part of a poor Newcastle team.

Not a chance in hell , 84 mins villa v newcastle , camera pans to barcodes bench, Guiterrez lets out a huge yawn , he may have some talent but i like a bit of interest from the players.

Get in Tuncay, and maybe another striker. Then you have Benni, Tuncay, Roberts and 1 more. Get MGP, EHD and VDM back to their best, and get Reid and Dunny fully fit then we might be a real force next season.

Reid was poor after he returned from his last injury. There's no reason to believe that he will be any better next time round. Get him fit and get him sold off to the Championship.

I'd be surprised too if Dunny can recapture his form but will withhold judgement on that until the beginning of next year.

Where is Tuncay talk from? Agree, he is a great player. He suits 4-4-1-1 formation just under striker.

It came from a banner I saw outside the ground (and later inside) which two kids were holding whilst posing for a photo in front of the Jack Walker statue. It read "Goodbye Tugay, Welcome Tuncay". I think they were Turkish kids and are hoping they'll see another Turk replacing Toogs at Rovers. It seems to have gathered a little momentum from there.

If there was anything left in him then Moyes would have gotten it out, hopefully he'll come and go quicker than Robbie did. Sam's done really well here, but I don't want our squad filled with old has beens when there is no need, we need 1st 11 players not squadies we have enough of them and Judge can play that role, when required.

Sometimes you just need a change of scenery. Didn't most of his problems start at Everton?

I am unsure about Cisse.

The positives he can bring are he has serious pace, he can finish and he will bring a load of dosh into the local economy at the hairdressers and tattooists.

The negatives is that he sulks and he needs a big man alongside him to flourish (unless he falls out with them a la Kenwyn Jones).

As a loanee I perhaps think he could be the answer if he replaced Derbyshire or Roberts and if Benni can keep out of McDonalds over the summer then again that might be a good partnership.

Archived