BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rbs 6 Nations

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shane Williams is out through injury

Weakens the Welsh but they'll still probably be too strong for us!

Should be a good game though, they are usually the underdogs who raise their game against us, hopefully we can be the ones to do it tomorrow.

Could be worth a bet on England, I wouldn't rule it out if we perform and they struggle. England with a winning margin of 1-5 is 15/2 at the moment and is definitely worth a cheeky fiver!

England to beat Wales and Ireland, two of the teams that hate them the most, on their own turf? I suppose stranger things have happened, England did make it to the World Cup final in 2007. It would be a massive shock if they were to beat two teams who are clearly better than them at the moment. But they can't go on being this dull forever and anything can happen.

Apart from a dreadful opening 20ish minutes England played pretty well. Retained possession decently, showed creativity and tackled well. Shame that they struggled to keep 14 men on the pitch though...

France look poor, but I'm sure they'll get things right just in time to turn on the flair against England.

Wales played badly but still had enough to beat England.

We missed Shane Williams more than a few predicted but England paid the price for the penalties.

Still, the Welsh celebrate any victory against England and that's 3 in a row. Oh and Brian Moore is an idiot and a very bad loser!

Scotland were unlucky against the French, the 1st try was a forward pass and then they we're always playing catch up.

Presty, as much as I think Wales just shaded that, if Kaplin had sin binned the welsh player off towards the end for doing the same as Goode did at the start of the half, then possibly it would have been bloody close. Great game of rugby, and England played well when they stopped just hoofing the ball.

We missed Shane Williams more than a few predicted but England paid the price for the penalties.

Still, the Welsh celebrate any victory against England and that's 3 in a row. Oh and Brian Moore is an idiot and a very bad loser!

In all fairness to Brian on this occasion he was probably right. Byrne should have defiantly been sin-binned in the first half for taking out Armitage in mid-air & Jones should of gone for a slowing down the ball as Flopsy has already stated.

TBH I think Wales just shaded it ; however Kaplin was very poor & obviously had already made his mind up about English tactics before the kick-off. Very poor ref

Wales missed Williams massively; saying that who wouldn’t miss a player like Shane. The Welsh blitz defence was impressive, and for me is the most improved element of their game.

Eh? Your dislike of the English comes shining through again. The Welsh probably shaded it, but I don't think you'd be too worried if they pulled that same performance out against Ireland, would you? I wait for the day when you have an even slightly unbiased assessment of any game involving an England national team.

Eh? Your dislike of the English comes shining through again. The Welsh probably shaded it, but I don't think you'd be too worried if they pulled that same performance out against Ireland, would you? I wait for the day when you have an even slightly unbiased assessment of any game involving an England national team.

Eddie when it comes down to sports, there is always going to be the 'cant wait to get one over the brits' amongst the home nations, be it Ireland/Wales or Scotland.

I am sure its the same way for the English getting one over Ireland/Scotland/Wales.

action_poc(1).jpg

I wait for the day when you have an even slightly unbiased assessment of any game involving an England national team.

Could say the same for yourself. You did pick England to beat Wales and Ireland in Cardiff and Dublin didn't you? By all accounts England did surprisingly well, fair play.

Eddie when it comes down to sports, there is always going to be the 'cant wait to get one over the brits' amongst the home nations, be it Ireland/Wales or Scotland.

/quote]

You're forgetting the Aussies, the K1w1's, the Saffers, and anyone else that plays the game.

Thought England did very well yesterday, they had a game plan and stuck to it. We tried to play our fast flowing game but England spoiled the ball and slowed down the game. Worsley had a good game and stopped Roberts on every run he made. This could have been a real problem for Wales and Engalnd were well up for it. Wales didn't play poorly, Engalnd just made it so hard to turn the ball around and as a result paid the price from the place kicks. No real stand out performances from our boys.

Great to beat them and not even have to play well though.

Eddie

Agree with you all the way

A bit more composure and experience and England would have won

Had a great w/e in cardiff even if Andy goode beat me in a drinking race late sat night

For all you Welshies remember this;

You are ranked 3rd in the world and only just beat the 8th ranked team, this is the pinnacle of this team

and will be as good as it gets for you. England are building a new team as teams should between world cups

and will get further in the next world cup then any other northen hemisphere team again...

As a supporter of Wales, then England, I am happy with the way things are going. England looked a lot better than the woeful performance against Italy, but Wales won. In case you were wondering, I support Wales for the following reasons:

1. When I started watching rugby, Wales won it in 1994, and England had those arrogant nobs Carling, Guscott and Andrews playing for them.

2. My mum is Welsh, and my grandma taught Martyn Williams at primary school.

3. I like the way they play rugby. Can't stand all the 'bash it up the middle, then boot it' stuff.

England could possibly develop in time for the next world cup, as there are a lot of younger players. But this is true of Wales as well. There are no real certainties for 2011 other than yet another amazing Kiwi team failing to deliver when the big event comes. They have choked far too many times after being devastating between world cups.

Archived