BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rbs 6 Nations

Found a great article from the Irish Times:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/...4241589704.html

A "great" article on past Ireland - England matches would be balanced and objective featuring victories for both teams. That article is merely fodder for Ireland supporters and not worthy of a supposed quality newspaper.

I think Ireland will win easily and stand by my prediction that England have had their only win for this season.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mainly fodder for Irish supporters but every victory over the Brits has had me oozing with pride. Dont know what it is, but it just feels fecking awesome.

Who are the Brits ? I assume you mean Wales and Scotland as well as England ?

Wales totally didnt expect to get beat this evening! I think they went in to the match with the mentality that they were going to win it and win it good. Unfortunately France were blowing hot this evening and they got fecked!!

I couldnt believe it. If the same happens tomorrow against the Irish (touches wood) it will be a second shock in the six nations!

Very sweet to get another Croke Park victory over the old enemy. Having said that it was a dreadful game. Appalling discipline by England cost them dear and some truly abysmal kicking by O'Gara failed to send the Irish well clear. Some absolutely brilliant forward play provided a good base for Ireland but that English defence on the line could have held all day probably; O'Driscoll only just breached it. Fantastic try from Armitage though.

It was a good game, both sides played pretty well.

Seems you are as clueless about rugby as you are about footy eddie! :P

In all honesty though I'm equally baffled by rugby and it's strange rules. I think the highlight would be being a fly on the wall in the England dressing room after the match. I'm glad Martin Johnson's expression was not my doing! He'll likely l be making mincemeat of the terminally stupid Danny Care. That incident was 3XV Club rugby mentality. I'd not be at all suprised if Johnson does not drop him indefinitely as not only a punishment but as a lesson to all to remain focussed and professional at all times. If he doesn't he needs to.

Very sweet to get another Croke Park victory over the old enemy.

Just as a matter of interest why are we always deemed everybody's 'old enemy'? After all we've brought wealth and prosperity to all the minor nations during the last century haven't we?

Technically great game? Certainly not, but everyone will have walked away feeling very entertained (even if England fans will be hurt by the result). Just can't understand why the English players descend into moments of total stupidity. I continue to be encouraged by what I see though and think that team will become a force in international rugby.

Technically great game? Certainly not, but everyone will have walked away feeling very entertained (even if England fans will be hurt by the result). Just can't understand why the English players descend into moments of total stupidity. I continue to be encouraged by what I see though and think that team will become a force in international rugby.

Might do but it'd likely need Johnson to come out of retirement first.

In all honesty though I'm equally baffled by rugby and it's strange rules. I think the highlight would be being a fly on the wall in the England dressing room after the match. I'm glad Martin Johnson's expression was not my doing! He'll likely l be making mincemeat of the terminally stupid Danny Care. That incident was 3XV Club rugby mentality. I'd not be at all suprised if Johnson does not drop him indefinitely as not only a punishment but as a lesson to all to remain focussed and professional at all times. If he doesn't he needs to.

Just as a matter of interest why are we always deemed everybody's 'old enemy'? After all we've brought wealth and prosperity to all the minor nations during the last century haven't we?

Well you invaded us 800 years ago but thanks awfully for the 'wealth and prosperity.' ;) In any case you're not everybody's old enemy, just the nations you pillaged all those years ago. :P

Might do but it'd likely need Johnson to come out of retirement first.

We're finally putting together a talented group of backs. Just need to work on the discipline, particularly with the forwards and just continue to improve at the breakdown (which of course isn't easy).

need to get rid of Borthwick, Care needs to be drop kicked somewhere painful, the little tit, Croft brought in, and Armitage, Goode to play at FH until Cipriani's ankle's back the right way, Tait to replace Fluety and Strettle in for Sackey.

It was a good game, both sides played pretty well. England still have to sort these disciplinary issues out though, we'll never win a game if we can't keep 15 on the pitch.

What game were you watching? :D

Very sweet to get another Croke Park victory over the old enemy. Having said that it was a dreadful game. Appalling discipline by England cost them dear and some truly abysmal kicking by O'Gara failed to send the Irish well clear. Some absolutely brilliant forward play provided a good base for Ireland but that English defence on the line could have held all day probably; O'Driscoll only just breached it. Fantastic try from Armitage though.

At least someone who knows what they are talking about....Eddie take note!

I'm glad Martin Johnson's expression was not my doing!

That was hilarious!

Basically what rovermatt said, plus because of the black and tans! And what the british did in Croke park all those many moons ago

Eddie just give up man, I wasnt the mildly bit entertained, i have seen better thirds matches. In fact i was falling asleep at the start when they were playing aerial tennis (maybe that was because i was awake since half six although i am awake now). And for the reasons of englands loss of control or stupidity as you call it. Johnson is a bit of an Ince in my view.......shocking comparison to make but i think in terms of management, they're just not good enough.

He needs to instil some discipline, England have a magnificent team! Cueto/ Armitage were the best players today but you have the likes of Haskell and Sheridan and Flood. Given the right management....you would be champions!

I appreciate more aspects of rugby than just the ball in the backs hands. Kicking could have been avoided, but I enjoyed that second half in particular.

It's unfair and untrue to blame any of this on Johnson. The talent is there, but the team is not. I didn't hear you talking up England's expectation pre-tourmanent, so I think all England fans are pretty pleased with what they have seen. Things were a total shambles (world cup aside) and the rebuilding stage is only really now getting underway. I really like what I've seen and, although this will rile you, I think Ireland and Wales have been shown to be fairly one dimensional which is also interesting to see. France will be a big test as they are probably better suited to play England, but another decent performance and I think we will have got pretty much what we would have hoped for from this (as long as we beat Scotland).

The discipline is a huge concern, but there are so many players out there who are new to it that obviously things are going wrong on the pitch. It also isn't helped by the fact that many of the old heads aren't cool ones.

I really like what I've seen and, although this will rile you, I think Ireland and Wales have been shown to be fairly one dimensional which is also interesting to see.

To be honest, you are completly spot on there, and hasnt riled me at all. But even though we were a bit one dimensional yesterday, we are still winning, with a good points difference as well.

ROG was very bad yesterday, what was it? 17 points he had missed? The game would have been a whole lot different game had those points been on the board. It was fair shaky in the last two minutes though...i was seeing that french victory again.

I still cant get my head around what Danny Care thought he was doing though :D

I'm happy with Ireland's victory, but in truth it was a poor game. There was lots of intensity and the defences were on top during the game. I can only remember three clear line breaks in the game from Matthew Tait, Mike Tindall and Luke Fitzgerald. The main talking point is England's lack of discipline. That game was there to be won for them, but their constant infractions are costing penalties and players to the bin. Ireland on the other hand looked like a team who new that they were the only ones left who could do the Grand Slam and suffered because of it. I think the emotions of the game also got to O'Gara, who had he kicked even half his attempts from pretty straight forward positions, Ireland would have been cruising. I have to agree with what Jonathan Davies said after the game about England's forwards who just aren't mobile enough around the pitch and as such have to resort to slowing things down legally and more often illegally and as such give penalties away. I think that England are a poor team that have some talented backs, which they have had for quite some time now, but are just incapable of finding a way of using them. Ireland have some very good players and one world class player sprinkled through out the team, namely O'Connell, Heaslip and Wallce in the forwards and O'Driscoll, Fitzgerald and Kearny in the backs. Is this enough to win a Grand Slam? I'm not sure. Can Ireland finally get over being the chokers of the past? Time will tell I suppose.

Archived