BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rbs 6 Nations

Will anyone be watching this years six nations?

Even though i wish Ireland would win the competition, i am still in doubt!

My predictions would be

1. Wales

2. France

3. Ireland

4. England

5. Scotland

6. Italy

I couldnt really pick a position for each team as its pretty close, but thats how i think it will end up

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will anyone be watching this years six nations?

Even though i wish Ireland would win the competition, i am still in doubt!

My predictions would be

1. Wales

2. France

3. Ireland

4. England

5. Scotland

6. Italy

I couldnt really pick a position for each team as its pretty close, but thats how i think it will end up

Unfortunately Wales are favourites and could well win the competition, England have been poor, France and Ireland will always be close, although Ireland are not as strong as recent years, Scotland will surprise a few I feel this year. Italy are always improving but are likely to be bottom once again.

Cannot wait for valentines day this year as it's England vs Wales, evening kick off, such a massive game of the year and a fantastic all day drinking session! Cannot wait!

I'm not the biggest of rugby fans, I try and keep track of it but when the internationals come around that all changes and I love watching, that'll be the same day as our cup game at Coventry, hopefully it can be a Rovers and England win that day! Sadly won't be ab;e to see the Rovers that day, this one's been in the calendar a long time.

EDIT: I'd probably predict the same table as you by the way but there are always surprises!

Wales should win the tournament though it will be difficult to repeat the Grand Slam.

It depends how we deal with the pressure of favorites and we all know the French can beat anyone on their day.

Henson is out of tomorrows game with Scotland but at least Peel has been recalled to the squad to replace the injured Cooper.

Valentines day will be interesting, if the England of late turn up, Wales will have no mercy!

Very excited about this year, without wanting to sound cocky I think we (being Wales) should be taking the competition and the grand slam again. I don't see any team that has progressed like Wales have. The winning mentality that has been brought in by Gatland has seen us come away from defeats to New Zealand and the Boks feeling like we should have won and not just happy that we stayed in touch. Our back line options are fantastic and we have the best palyer in the world ( amazing what you can do when you run around players and not into them). Very dificult opening game at Murryfield, the Scotts can really challenge this year.

A word on England, how can Cipriani not make the squad, does this show a weakness that the management can not contain this exceptional talent and get him to work to their game plan?

Cymru Am Byth

Just caught up with todays rugby after a depressing and cold day at Ewood. Bergamasco had a nightmare, what were they thinking of playing him at scrum half. His passing was all over the place and one led to a try, only watched the highlights but bloody hell it was hard to watch. Can't gauge Ingerland on that performance.

Ireland showed great nerves to hold out against France even when the French came back at them Ireland just turned the screw and kept the points ticking over.

Wales cant handle the pressure of being favourites.

1. France

2. Ireland

3. Wales

4. Scotland

5. England

6. Italy

Not sure about France winning the title. Could this be Ireland's year ?

England were awful yesterday - Italy could be their only victory this year.

Wales were in complete control for the first 60 minutes and took their foot off the gas. The Welsh pack were awesome and our scrum was too strong. With key players back in contention next week, England must fear the worst.

Hook should start ahead of Jones, his kicking was poor today.

Well played Scotland though, who battled right to the end.

Wales were in complete control for the first 60 minutes and took their foot off the gas. The Welsh pack were awesome and our scrum was too strong. With key players back in contention next week, England must fear the worst.

Hook should start ahead of Jones, his kicking was poor today.

Well played Scotland though, who battled right to the end.

Yeah i think Hook was on the bench for a reason. Scotland match wasnt the biggest of games. You will prob see more of him though

1st) Wales have a fantastic first 15 but their strength in depth

is such that im not sure whether they can cope with the 4

games in such a short space of time. My clear favourites

2nd) Ireland look good, but their first 15 isnt as good as Wales

same issues with the backup. O'Gara is overrated and will

score 30 against England

3rd) England have a mediocre front 5, who's sole aim appear

to gift penalties to the opposition. Croft should play instead

of that moron Haskell. Borthwick is a crap captain. Jamie Noon Should be replaced by tait

and Goode should stay at flyhalf because Cipriani needs to

remember how to use a foot, that 6 months ago was facing

the wrong direction. Oh, and Rob Andrews and John Wells shoukd be

executed on the centre spot. However the back three and scrumhalf

are good and we always, somehow pull a performance from somewhere.

also the best news is that Balshaw wont play.

4th) France - Managed by a madman.

5th) Scotland - getting better no depth

6th) Italy - oh dear

I was at Croke Park at the weekend as well and it really was a fantastic game. I was the seating in the second row from the front, right in line with the try line where France scored their first try. Both teams played well. Some of France's open field running was awesome. Jamie Heaslip and Brian O'Driscoll's tries were worth the admission fee alone! Ireland could win it this year and do seem to have more competition for places in more areas of the pitch - Geordan Murphy, Gordan D'Arcy, Mal O'Kelly and Dennis Leamy would all be definite starters in another time. The key games will be Scotland and Wales away. Wales could be the favourites, but their game away in Paris will be the decider in terms of them winning the Grand Slam.

I didn't watch the England game, just saw bits and pieces of it while having my lunch in Dublin. By all accounts they were pretty bad. But they did win and I suppose that's what matters. England have some talented players, but they have been going backwards for a while and the introduction of some of their promising players hasn't paid off yet. It will take Johnson time to get them playing better.

It will be interesting to see how the players performances this 6 Nations affects the starting 15 for the Lions. Last time around, Clive Woodward said that the team would be picked on form only, but then proceeded to give jobs to the boys - namely Jason Robinson who hadn't scored in months and hadn't had a good game for longer and Jonny Wilkinson, who hadn't played a game for months! This can't happen again.

Not sure about France winning the title. Could this be Ireland's year ?

England were awful yesterday - Italy could be their only victory this year.

I know very little about rugby..........but are England actually that bad?

It will be interesting to see how the players performances this 6 Nations affects the starting 15 for the Lions.

Hardly, the first 15 will be used to playing together in red jersies

Tugs, they arent that bad, just dreadfully average

I think the issue with England is that they seem to have stood still since winning the world cup. Their game has not evolved and they still seem intent on smashing into players. They lost some awesome players after 2003, however they haven't moved on to play an expansive game. Something which comes from quick phases of play and Enland are just too slow at this.

No, they aren't THAT bad.

England were comfortable against Italy and so I don't think people should be as critical of the performance as they have been. Italy are by no means a world power, but they aren't the push-overs that they were a few years ago and it is a decent start to the tournament. This looks like it will be a fairly weak, but even, 6 nations and I think every team will lose a game. I think we may have just seen France's only defeat, but I'm going to go for England to beat Ireland and France to take it.

England's main problem is that they broke up the wrong parts of the world cup winning side, but stuck with the tactics and mentality that they were no longer suited to. It has only really been in the last 6-18 months that a true rebuilding stage has begun and this current crop of players has the makings of a good team and one that will challenge and be in the running for the next world cup, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't win the 6 nations between now and then.

I've still got hope for this year, but in a tournament that is filled with well-organised sides rather than the explosive talent of the Southern hemisphere, I think a talented but raw England side will struggle to grind out results and will make too many errors.

Eddie agree with most of what you said, main gripe I have is John Wells as forwards coach

we produce too slow ball for our backs

Shame we could nt have got Shaun Edwards when Jonno took over

Anyway I m off to CARDIFF for the game this weekend with my St Georges Flag, we are at our best

when underdogs, World cup 1/4 and semis, plus France away last 6 nations so i am quietly confident

but we could get a thrashing

Archived