BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jade Goody

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harsh but very true there Phil. She has done a lot to raise awareness of cancer and made a lot of money for her family, but I do not like the mawkish and morbid tone of The Sun and the other papers over the last few weeks. I understand why she went and sold everything to the papers as she is not going to make a fortune any other way, but it isn't very dignified however you dress it up. The PM has more pressing matters than to comment on the death of a publicity seekingyoung woman from a disease. She didn't invent time travel, or get 500 wickets for England, so the PM and other important people should keep their noses out. Otherwise they'll look as shallow and opportunist as that bald tool who used to be the Aussie PM.

so the PM and other important people should keep their noses out. Otherwise they'll look as shallow and opportunist as that bald tool who used to be the Aussie PM.

But they always will be like the above description AND it reflects badly on us because we bloody well elect them all in :angry:

How come mods haven't locked this? They've locked far more relevent threads recently and this should really be locked on grounds of bad taste.

Sure it's tough when people die young but this whole shabang is just plain wrong and highlights how shallow our society is that so many appear to find fascination with it.

How come mods haven't locked this? They've locked far more relevent threads recently and this should really be locked on grounds of bad taste.

Sure it's tough when people die young but this whole shabang is just plain wrong and highlights how shallow our society is that so many appear to find fascination with it.

only the good die young gord

:lol:

I have lost my Dad, both Granddads, a friend and seen various friends relatives die from this awful disease. I don't have a problem with Jade Goody as such and yes it is sad, but as has already been mentioned there are thousands of people out there living with cancer that have to continue to work to provide for their family.

I wonder how many people who have joined various Jade Goody groups on facebook offering her support, will complain about a work colleague who turns up late for work due to suffering immense pain during the night, or has to leave early for treatment etc. Or how many will offer to help out their next door neighbour if they are suffering.

Just look on the Macmillan forum to see the way some people with cancer are treated by others. It's shocking, that’s why I get so annoyed with the reaction to JD.

Jane Tomlinson suffered from cancer for years, yet she pushed herself to raise lots of money for caner charities and sufferers. Yet she got ridiculed by many people and media.

I think Max Clifford received treatment for Prostate cancer a while ago, I thought it was once mentioned on the news but I'm not defiantly sure though?

He did and I believe his Wife died from Cancer too.

It doesn't matter what you think of Jade. The legacy of her death may be her biggest success. Doctors are already saying that they have had more check-ups etc..

Jade Goody was a troll and will never be remembered for doing any good.

There has been a large increase in woman going for smear tests since she was diagnosed with cancer, so I would say that she has done good for some people which kind of shoots down your original statement.

Having read some of the stupid comments on here from the usual suspects, I have to say that I think she is justified in doing what she did in the time she had left.

She did it so her children would be looked after finacially, I'm sure that anyone on here who found themselves in that position where they could help their loved ones and secure their future I'm sure they would do it.

There has been a large increase in woman going for smear tests since she was diagnosed with cancer, so I would say that she has done good for some people which kind of shoots down your original statement.

Having read some of the stupid comments on here from the usual suspects, I have to say that I think she is justified in doing what she did in the time she had left.

She did it so her children would be looked after finacially, I'm sure that anyone on here who found themselves in that position where they could help their loved ones and secure their future I'm sure they would do it.

It's not really her actions that I object to it's the publics attitude to the whole damned mawkish circus that saddens me.

BUT I guess it's all OK in this day of blipverts and the like as long as it's boosted circulation and ratings throughout the media eh? <_<

It's the world we live in, Max Clifford knew what the media would want from the Jade story and he fed them well, all parties get what they wanted, Jade got her sons future sorted, the media sold papers and magazine's, and the Living channel got viewers for her documentry.

It's the world we live in, Max Clifford knew what the media would want from the Jade story and he fed them well, all parties get what they wanted, Jade got her sons future sorted, the media sold papers and magazine's, and the Living channel got viewers for her documentry.

Yes, it's the world we live in: a pig-ignorant, racist woman got herself on the front of all the red-tops as some kind of icon. Was it 26 pages in "The Sun?"

I'm sorry she's died leaving 2 young kids, but there are hundreds of others in the same situation all over the country. Who gives a flying one about them?

Max Clifford is a scum bag. His only purpose in life seems to be dragging us all down to a level where he can make money out of us all.

He didn't exactly leap into action when my best mate and best man at my wedding died in pain of cancer 10 years ago leaving a widow & two young children. He didn't give a damn then. Neither did the red-tops.

Screw the lot of them. They'll soon move on to the next big story, and sell it to us all as exciting news.

Archived