BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jade Goody

Fair play Colin. I couldn't agree more having lost my hub's mum to ovarian in July 2004, my mum to pancreatic in June 2005 and a really good mate, aged 41 with kids aged 6 and (nearly 2) in April 2005, the publicity sticks "a bit"... but, I can see completely Jade's point in trying to earn as much as possible to secure her boys future.

And, she has put on the map that females should have regular smear tests far younger than was previously advised.

I just think it's sad for her boys that they won't really remember their mum cos they're so young, but, maybe that will dull their pain. Thank goodness they have a top dad.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we should dispense with the formalities and get on with the jokes .

:lol:

Stuff it, I'm game. I have heard that the England football team are going to wear black armbands, as suggested by the Man Utd defender Rio De Janerio.

As Woody Allen said, comedy=time+tragedy.

So here is that Gene Pitney joke. Apparently it is going to take 2 weeks to hand craft Gene Pitney's coffin oat of oak, but only 24 hours from balsa.

And here cometh the s__tstorm......................

:lol:

Stuff it, I'm game. I have heard that the England football team are going to wear black armbands, as suggested by the Man Utd defender Rio De Janerio.

As Woody Allen said, comedy=time+tragedy.

So here is that Gene Pitney joke. Apparently it is going to take 2 weeks to hand craft Gene Pitney's coffin oat of oak, but only 24 hours from balsa.

And here cometh the s__tstorm......................

the first one wooshed over my head but the second was worth a chuckle

Fair play Colin. I couldn't agree more having lost my hub's mum to ovarian in July 2004, my mum to pancreatic in June 2005 and a really good mate, aged 41 with kids aged 6 and (nearly 2) in April 2005, the publicity sticks "a bit"... but, I can see completely Jade's point in trying to earn as much as possible to secure her boys future.

The greatest "regret" of my life is neither of my parents lived to see their three grandsons. So I also understand a little of the situation. I don't blame Jade Goody for looking to make money to secure her children's future. Obviously it's very sad when a young woman dies as she is reaching what should be the prime of her life.

And, she has put on the map that females should have regular smear tests far younger than was previously advised.
Clearly a very positive outcme

I just think it's sad for her boys that they won't really remember their mum cos they're so young, but, maybe that will dull their pain. Thank goodness they have a top dad.
Again agree

On the other hand the English are well known for a dark humour, which is why I found phil's "dispense with the formalities" remark very funny. It's dark, barbed and humourous which is just typical of our sense of humour, and if anything talks about "us" more than Jade. It doesn't mean one has any less respect for the situation.

I only know Jade Goody because of the media coverage of her appearance on Big Brother and arguement with Shilpa ??? Jade may have done much good in her life, I don't know, but if you put yourself in the spotlight, when clearly it would have been better not to, one can't be surprised if the reaction is not all positive.

It's good to see some of the usual PC brigade showing their true colours!

I hadn't noticed anything like that. Why should 'PC' come into this? Grabbi Graeme's not quite grasped it all and made a silly statement but most others seem to be singing from the same common sense hymn sheet.

Yes, it's the world we live in: a pig-ignorant, racist woman got herself on the front of all the red-tops as some kind of icon. Was it 26 pages in "The Sun?"

Quite funny that this is the same newspaper that slaughtered her after the Big Brother race row, but as it's already been mentioned it's whatever sells papers.

I know Grabbi, it is amazing. They'll be bigging up Liverpool fans next :rolleyes:. And next week, whichever paper Rebbecca Wade edits will campaign against domestic violence.

I call it the Potter clause, after the now dead Daily Mail columnist Lynda Lee Potter. The week before Princess Diana died, she was putting the boot in, calling her a feckless slapper or whatever, and then the next column she did after Diana died she used her column to eugolise about what a saint she was and how she was the perfect mum etc. It is interesting to note that the editor of the Mail gave another columnist, Simon Heffer (the weird looking ginger one with the glasses) the week off after Diana died, as he knew Simon would not tow the 'Diana was an angel' line.

One of the recruits at the Marine camp I work at has a picture of Jade on his notice board. She is obviously bald, and he drew a big swatskia of her forehead.

All hail Jade, the people's racist.

Im sorry she died, and im glad she managed to get enough money to ensure her kids have a sound financial footing to begin life.

Can we move on from this mawkish sentimentality that appears to have gripped the press, there are a hell of a llot more important things to concentrate on instead of the death of one young women.

Yes, it's the world we live in: a pig-ignorant, racist woman got herself on the front of all the red-tops as some kind of icon.

Absolutely no surprise that you should take it for granted that this woman is a "racist" - the one crime were the accused is always guilty and the stain never leaves .

Who's the real bigot , Col , when it can be proved beyond any doubt that she had black friends , employed black people ? Even Shilpa Shetty denies she is racist ; undoubtedly she grasped , unlike intolerants like yourself , that a comment about a papadom doesn't make someone a stormtrooper in jackboots .

As for the pig ignorant comment ; well doesn't that just show the sneering snobbery that permeates into nearly every single one of your posts . Maybe it was Ms Goody's fault she had the dubious benefits of a New Labour education ? Or maybe people like herself from the wrong side of the tracks (only the white ones , of course ) are genetically pre-dispositioned to be "pig ignorant" ?

Your comments are , I feel , posted in an attempt to portray yourself as a liberal who hates intolerance . They succeed only in proving the opposite .

All hail Jade, the people's racist.

Im sorry she died, and im glad she managed to get enough money to ensure her kids have a sound financial footing to begin life.

Can we move on from this mawkish sentimentality that appears to have gripped the press, there are a hell of a llot more important things to concentrate on instead of the death of one young women.

No surprise that you follow the "racist" lead ...

And if you want to "move on" and concentrate on something then what are you posting on this thread for ...? :rolleyes:

On the other hand the English are well known for a dark humour, which is why I found phil's "dispense with the formalities" remark very funny. It's dark, barbed and humourous which is just typical of our sense of humour, and if anything talks about "us" more than Jade. It doesn't mean one has any less respect for the situation.

Correct . Anyone who is over a certain age has dealt first hand with deaths from cancer . Even at first hand humour is helpful at times . For someone who is just a celebrity none of us even know there's nothing disrespectful at all at telling a joke or two .

Sound financial planning in my view.

Most definitely! And especially when you see how irresponsible the clown in charge at No 10 is with other peoples money! I see old Mervyn King's given Public enemy No 1 a right old rogering today. Seems his math are flawed... Brown can subtract OK but can't add up.

btw Phil.... Wasted comment. They won't hear you.... their heads are deep in the sand again.

As for the pig ignorant comment ; well doesn't that just show the sneering snobbery that permeates into nearly every single one of your posts . Maybe it was Ms Goody's fault she had the dubious benefits of a New Labour education ? Or maybe people like herself from the wrong side of the tracks (only the white ones , of course ) are genetically pre-dispositioned to be "pig ignorant" ?

Waaahaay! Another cracker. Keep them coming mate. She thought Eat Anglia was a foreign country

Apparantly, Jade has asked to be cremated, Her ashes will then be divided into small cotton rememberance pouches and handed out to every one who attends her funeral.

Goodie bags.

Waaahaay! Another cracker. Keep them coming mate. She thought Eat Anglia was a foreign country

Apparantly, Jade has asked to be cremated, Her ashes will then be divided into small cotton rememberance pouches and handed out to every one who attends her funeral.

Goodie bags.

you would be 1st up in arms if it was asian jokes. :blink:

hardly, racist jokes are against a race of people as a whole, not a specific person, there is a whole world of difference. A joke about Abu Hamza knock yourself out.

Ive got loads of Diana jokes if you want, plus a couple of rod hull ones.

Archived