BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009 - Ultimate Team

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure. Buffon will fetch abit.

Casillas is by far and the best keeper ive played against on UT. Some of his saves are stupidly good, though think thats by 99 ones. I have Buffon 95 but doesnt seem to do anything amazing. Didnt save any more than my 85 robinson.

My team is pissing me off now, so sacking them all off and starting again. If anyone is interested ive got,

Buffon (95)

Zambrotta (89)

Bonera (93)

Chiellini (99)

Grosso (99)

Pirlo (99)

Montolivio (88)

Aqualani (89)

Joaquin (99)

Mata (99)

Palacio (97)

Drogba (97)

J Cruz (99)

Iniesta (90)

Marcos Senna (99)

Xavi (85)

Ivarez (93)

Kalou (92)

Kieta (99)

All goin on sale

My team is pissing me off now, so sacking them all off and starting again. If anyone is interested ive got,

Buffon (95)

Zambrotta (89)

Bonera (93)

Chiellini (99)

Grosso (99)

Pirlo (99)

Montolivio (88)

Aqualani (89)

Joaquin (99)

Mata (99)

Palacio (97)

Drogba (97)

J Cruz (99)

Iniesta (90)

Marcos Senna (99)

Xavi (85)

Ivarez (93)

Kalou (92)

Kieta (99)

All goin on sale

What postion is Mata mate?

Swapped my 99 Joaquin for a 99 Iaquinta, 89 Robinho and 4000 coins. Might train Robinho up and sell him on.

Has anyone heard the rumors that since the EA update team chemistry isnt that importiant. Its been floated around the fifa forums. Anyone noticed if this is true or not?

• 3 weeks later...

I do - although iv been away for 2 weeks.

Im going to start selling off my 99 rated star players and replace them with some new players. Not sure which route to take yet, less known all english team, an all rovers squad, a team full of the worlds best upcoming players?!

Are any of the new Rovers players on the game - Givet, El Rio, NZonzi, Jacobsen?

I take it not many of you still go on UT?

I still play a lot, although for some reason my teams morale is ridiculously low which is affecting my performances. As a result I've ended up losing a few recently.

Still, I win most games but for some reason I can't really amass many coins as I'm always having to spend them on contract renewals so I'm getting a bit bored with my team. I was wondering what you lot thought about this...

Currently on the 360 the player contract cards are going for approx 800 coins for 10 games, so roughly that's 80 coins per player/game right? Now, multiply that by 11 players and you get 880. By my logic that's effectively your teams "running costs" (minus coaches etc which makes it more). Given that when I win I get somewhere in the region of 700-900 coins, that means that my "income" if you will, doesn't cover my outlay so I've precious little chance of getting a good stack of coins saved up to splash on new players?

Now, if you haven't fallen asleep after that - that means the only way way to make any decent money is to play the Auction House which I have neither the time nor the inclination to do. I recently bought a pack of gold cards just to chance my arm and surprise surprise - FULL OF CRAP SILVER PLAYERS.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can build up my finances other than spending a night routing through the bargain bin?

I do - although iv been away for 2 weeks.

Im going to start selling off my 99 rated star players and replace them with some new players. Not sure which route to take yet, less known all english team, an all rovers squad, a team full of the worlds best upcoming players?!

Are any of the new Rovers players on the game - Givet, El Rio, NZonzi, Jacobsen?

givet is down as a rovers player, he is silver CB.

I went for an all english team, its quite good. Id recommend simpson for RB, he is very good once trained.

Now, if you haven't fallen asleep after that - that means the only way way to make any decent money is to play the Auction House which I have neither the time nor the inclination to do. I recently bought a pack of gold cards just to chance my arm and surprise surprise - FULL OF CRAP SILVER PLAYERS.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can build up my finances other than spending a night routing through the bargain bin?

Best way is to just buy gold packs. Every now and then you will get a pack which will contain 4 or 5 gold contracts and some other stuff to sell on or add to your collection.

Every now and then you will get a good player to sell on (Iv had kaka x2, Ribery, Messi x2 who all bring decent cash). You will also get training cards and coaches every now and then which you can use to boost your players and then sell your coach on (Most gold coaches fetch 1000-1500 on PS3). Its sometimes worth keeping a project player too (someone that you add all your training cards too) before selling them off for a nice big lump of coins.

Iv got 65k coins and about 14 players rated 99 who would all go for decent coins (Including Drogba, Messi, Kaka, Gerrard, Buffon, Chiellini, Nesta, Benzema, Kalou, Bojan, Van Nistlerooy etc)

Ive been buying gold packs and selling for profits. Got about 140,000 coins now and a load of players in my trade pile. Training cards are what you usually make your money on, as there more common than good players. Also some silver kits can bring quite alot of money if there rare (Saw a silver Hull City kit in auction with bids over 6k not so long ago).

To be fair theres no point in loads of coins unless you plan to spend them. I just like games where you can make money for some reason. I used to spend ages making loads of money on theme park world haha.

Don't get me wrong I have every intention of spending my coins I just need to get up to a level where I can buy some decent players. I only have two players in the 90's (Podolski and Klose) - my Spanish defence consists of Chica, Torrej, Cuellar and Sergio Ramos - all pretty average with the exception of the latter so I find myself getting outpaced by some of the all 99's I come across.

My central midfield is ok, English with the likes of Carrick, Barry, Reo Coker, Scholes to choose from, all mid eighties and up front it's a choice of Podolski and Klose or Johnson and Owen who aren't that great.

I'm keen on taking my team to the next level but I just can't get the coins up - I play 4-4-2 so I think that means I pay a premium due to demand for this formations players. I might sell up and start from scratch. Anyone any suggestions on a decent formation that ISNT 442 or does it not really matter?

4-3-2-1 - cards go for much cheaper than the 4-4-2 cards and it then allows you to still play 4 at the back (which is key).

Lose the 4-4-2 if I was you mate.

Thanks pal - I'm sold. :D Totally limited on Enlglish wide me on 442 anyway.

Back to the drawing board - start with a silver team - hell it was more fun back then anyway - 4-3-2-1 it is B)

I take it you play 4321? Any recommendations on what nationalities I should go for for Defence and Attack? Who are the default top men in 4-3-2-1?

5-4-1 is a seriously underestimated formation on the game IMHO.

So far I've had the following teams:

All brazilian (4-2-2-2) Very cheap team to assemble!

All English Silver (4-4-2)

All English U21 (4-5-1)

All Netherlands (4-3-2-1)

All Mexico (5-4-1) This is the team that has brought me the most fun!

All Rovers (4-4-2) This wasn't as good as I hoped - team chemistry was around 85-90 I think

El Galatico Team (4-5-1) Had all the oldies like Beckham, Figo etc

All German (4-4-2) This is my current team and I would say the best of the bunch. The power and speed throughout the squad is amazing and its also good that most of the players are over 6ft!!!

I take it you play 4321? Any recommendations on what nationalities I should go for for Defence and Attack? Who are the default top men in 4-3-2-1?

Yeah i play that formation - not sure about default top men.

My original team was Italian keeper (Buffon) & defence (Moretti, Gamberini, Chiellini, Zambrotta) - ivory coast attack (Kalou, Drogba, Kone) although iv now sold Kone.

Attack wise you need to find a nation that plays with a RF, LF, ST - iv got a mish mash of strikers - Bojan, Van Nistlerooy, Benzema, Messi, Aguero, Drogba, Kalou, Rooney, Created player

Attack wise you need to find a nation that plays with a RF, LF, ST - iv got a mish mash of strikers - Bojan, Van Nistlerooy, Benzema, Messi, Aguero, Drogba, Kalou, Rooney, Created player

RW LW players can play in the RF and LF positions without affecting team chemistry. Argentina are a good nation for attackers which fit this formation. I changed to 4-2-2-2 recently but its not that great. Too narrow. Might try 4-5-1.

My custom tactics are still peeing me off. I play teams that have players making forward runs from all over the pitch. When im attacking however no one moves, despite me having risky, fast passing. My current chem is around 97 too so that shouldnt be a problem.

Well I've opted to decimate my 4-4-2 and sold a few players now, I've gone for 4-3-2-1.

I sold my manager (Aragones) and got Benitez for a bargain and kept with my Spanish backline - I've managed to get two full backs. I think I might go for an Italian defence though.

I've gone for a Brazilian midfield and attack, with two Brazilians in CM and I just need Kaka to complete to jigsaw (it appears you can have a CAM in place of a CM without affecting chemistry). I saw Kaka for 5250 coins buy it now but I didn't have the coins at the time but hopefully he'll pop up again.

Up front I've got Jo and Ronaldinho and just need a Brazilian RF.

Chemistry is now 85 but working on it - already I'm finding it much more fun to play and I'm unbeaten and the price of players is much more reasonable although conversely there isn't as much choice.

I got lucky in the player advanced auctions yesterday. Found a 4-1-2-1-2 card for 2,400 buy it now. Then just above that was a 4-3-3 card for 700 buy it now. Made abit of a profit there.

Which other formations (apart from the ones mentioned above) fetch the best premiums?

I have had a 3-4-1-2 for about 5 months now and I can't even give it away for 400 buy it now lol

Which other formations (apart from the ones mentioned above) fetch the best premiums?

I have had a 3-4-1-2 for about 5 months now and I can't even give it away for 400 buy it now lol

Anything with 4 at the back apart from 4-5-1.

4-4-2 35-40k

4-2-2-2 - 6k

4-4-1-1 - 7-9k

4-1-2-1-2 - 15-20k

4-3-3 - 15-20k

4-3-1-2 - 10k

4-3-2-1 - 3-4k

3-4-2-1 make nothing. I tried that formation and was ace as you can buy anyone you want and change their formation at hardly any cost. Crap to play with though

There the sorts of prices ive seen so far.

Archived