BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Awards Evening

Anyone going to the awards evening this year? With it being Tugay's last year it could be quite a special one.

Anyone been before? What usually happens, do all the players stay for the majority of the night? Also is the opportunities for autographs etc?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone going to the awards evening this year? With it being Tugay's last year it could be quite a special one.

Anyone been before? What usually happens, do all the players stay for the majority of the night? Also is the opportunities for autographs etc?

I've never been, don't know when it is and not sure how you get tickets... Can you shed any light on those points? It's something I've never really considered but could be quite interesting.

I'm going, been the last 2 years. I normally put a post regarding results plus photo links. Players didn't stay long past the meal last time, although they gave autographs etc afterwards. The year before they all left to go to Preston (the night Dunn had the dance off with Bentley).

I think Sam (hopefully) may make them stay abit longer this time.

How you got a ticket? Through a sponsor/ partner?

We've sponsored the event last three years. Last two times. the winner has left the club at the summer after!!!

When you arrive there is always photographers and kids wanting autographs. Nearest I've come to being a pro footballer.

Jan was there also the year before!

Hi everyone!

I have sort of an emergency. I was supposed to go to this awards evening with a date but he got some last minute commitments so he can't come with me anymore...so the thing is...now I have to go there all on my own because we've already payed for the tickets and it would be a shame to waste £100. So what I'm asking is...is anyone willing to "take me along" with them on Monday? I don't want to be there all on my own. Never been to this type of thing before and don't know what happens. Pleaseeee? I promise I'm good company and I won't bore you to death. :closedeyes: You can contact me by sending me a PM..preferably before Monday hehe.

Guest Vinjay606

Not particularly interested in this as there is no real outstanding performer to obtain an award. If there was truly a standout performer who has genuinely been outstanding this season I would consider attending. Collecting autographs has never been of any interest/appeal to me not really being the type who's in awe of anybody. That's not a criticism of those who collect autographs they can do what they like. Just a minor difference of opinion.

Though if I see Maradona or Pele anytime soon I would probably ask for theirs. Would probably make some good money selling it on Ebay/auction but nobody at Ewood really has that financial appeal attached to their signature.

Lol I'm not asking anyone to take me along as their date....just that I can tag along with them at the award...you know. I'm sure no ones wife would mind that. :( *cries* No one? Not even some old woman thats willing??!?!

I guess I have to go there on my own then and get drunk ASAP..then maybe I'll be fine haha. No seriously, all I'm asking is that if anyone is going there...that they offer me some company, that's all.

Damn the guy who backed out on me on the last minute :glare:

I'd go for a free ticket :P

Nah seriously, i'm sure you'll find someone to go with you. Should be a good night even if you end up going by yourself.

Sorry, don't have a free ticket :lol: otherwise I'd offer it. I'm sure I will have a nice time anyway. Besides, I can always go upto people and start a conversation ;) haha

For the people that are going there, if you see me there come and say hi if you want..I don't bite. I'll be the one with the green dress :)

Just go back from the awards evening - very good night.

Awards went to the following-

Player of Year: Warnock

Players Player of Year: Warnock

Young Player of Year: Doran

Best newcomer of Year: Robbo

Best Performance: Samba

Sam also got an award for keeping us up.

Special award to: Tugay

News:

Williams confirmed Givet is staying, he has agreed the deal, Marseille have agreed to the terms and Givet will sign a 4 year contract soon. He was one of the few (Mokoena, Gallagher & Derbs the others) that couldnt make the awards as his new baby girl (2 week old) has been taken into hospital, but is improving well. GET WELL SOON!

Williams also confirmed he plans to continue at the club as he loves it and has done ever since Jack. He also said Jack is a big reason why he feels he has to continue and also continue to work things the way Jack would want. He also said he wants us to remain competitive to attract new buyers.

All the players said their farewells and best wishes to Tugay, Villanueva & Santa Cruz. So to me that spells that Roque is off, dont know where, dont know when but it looks very, very likely.

Tugay also said his goodbyes and thanks to all the players. HE IS RETIRING! He confirmed he is staying in the manchester area, and that his son is on our books. The plans are for him to get a job with another club and learn some coaching that way, he will then work on his badges and return to us (There is a job there for him).

Spoke to Dunny - who was very happy that the Dingles are coming up. Said he "doesnt believe all this crap about them coming up and beating us, he said ****** bring it on, we will batter them" and that he cant wait for it.

Spoke to Warnock - he said that he isnt going anywhere, its all paper crap and that he is very happy. I asked him a few times and he said honestly as far as he's concerned he isnt going and said ask the chairman if you dont believe me.

Spoke to Samba - asked him if he was staying to which he replied "I dont know" :huh: , which to me suggests their is interest in him. Either that or his isnt a muppet that wants to set himself up for a fall (See RSC)

Emerton, Dunn & Reid all coming along well with their injuries and all 3 are targetting pre-season returns.

Also anyone that went - if you could send me the link to the pics site, id appreciate it! Oh yeah, and that Annie was sat on my table! How Bizarre!! :lol:

Archived