BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Didn't Pavel Pogrebnyak put our club down during the winter transfer window saying it was to small and he would never join us?

Yes

Pavel speaking to the Russian media said - 'I was puzzled when Zenit general director Maksim Mitrofanov said he was going to talk me into accepting Blackburn's offer in the winter transfer window.

'I could only laugh at it. Yes, I dream of playing in England - but I'm not interested in Blackburn who are struggling against relegation.'

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big, big wages though, especially if he's a Bosman. We couldn't have both him and Roque on the books when they're very similar players.

It would be good to have them both though!!!

RSC does have his problems injury wise, Up tops really the only area I don't think we can get away with having say 3 as we did tail end of this season.

On his contract though doesn't the russian league end a different time of year to ours????? As such why would his contract expire before their season ends???

The thing is though, Pogrebnyak didn't want to come as we looked destined for relegation. Not exactly appealing to anybody, never mind top players. Next season should be much more improved, and a few choice words from Big Sam and we could see him wandering down Bolton Road.

That said, I don't think the mystery striker is Pogrebnyak. It just doesn't seem right.

The thing is though, Pogrebnyak didn't want to come as we looked destined for relegation. Not exactly appealing to anybody, never mind top players. Next season should be much more improved, and a few choice words from Big Sam and we could see him wandering down Bolton Road.

That said, I don't think the mystery striker is Pogrebnyak. It just doesn't seem right.

Agreed on both scores.

We could get him, but I'm pretty sure he's not the mystery striker.

For the record, Hughesy has told me who he thinks it is, and it fits all the clues. Wouldn't be surprised if he's right, I will be happy to back him up if he is.

The mystery striker is supposed to be someone who wasn't expected to be available, hence the need for hush. Other clubs don't know this player is on the market, and we want to keep it that way.

Therefore, the likes of Janko, Dzeko, Gudjohnsen etc are very unlikely as the whole World expects those players to be on the move, or atleast heavily speculated about, this Summer.

The mystery striker is supposed to be someone who wasn't expected to be available, hence the need for hush. Other clubs don't know this player is on the market, and we want to keep it that way.

Therefore, the likes of Janko, Dzeko, Gudjohnsen etc are very unlikely as the whole World expects those players to be on the move, or atleast heavily speculated about, this Summer.

Think about it people....

Clue 1 - The player is also someone we can get in without breaking the bank and without selling RSC.

Clue 2 - He is also a player that Owen Coyle would of tried getting to Bumley in the past (which to me suggests someone who cant get in his 1st team, or is a young lad trying to prove a point to his parent club)

Don’t forget we can probably get shut of Derbs within a heartbeat for £3m. So to me that suggests a fee of £5m or less or a freebie is the striker in question

Why don't we just sign Marseille?

Theres a lot of talent in France that could be picked up cheap and the attraction of the premier league plus the fact we have french speaking players already in the squad (Samba, soon to be Givet) is a real bonus.

Speaking of french players i came across a list a while back at some of the top prospects in the league, used it for FM lol.

http://ligue1prospects.theoffside.com/news...ber-top-25.html

Some pretty big names there but some names i haven't come across, perhaps followers of the french leagues (Eddie?) might be able to comment on a few of them, if they are available.

Theres a lot of talent in France that could be picked up cheap and the attraction of the premier league plus the fact we have french speaking players already in the squad (Samba, soon to be Givet) is a real bonus.

Speaking of french players i came across a list a while back at some of the top prospects in the league, used it for FM lol.

http://ligue1prospects.theoffside.com/news...ber-top-25.html

Some pretty big names there but some names i haven't come across, perhaps followers of the french leagues (Eddie?) might be able to comment on a few of them, if they are available.

Feghouli would be the one I'd want, but might be a bit expensive. He's one hell of a talent and still at Grenoble who are not doing so well. If he signs I have to buy the seats next to me next year to fit my grin in the ground.

Our scouts have been all over France since Sam came in so im sure thats the main market we are looking at.

If we can sign up Givet & Cevilla then thats our defence options complete.

If Zurab goes, and Givet/ Cevilla come in that leaves us with:

Warnock, Nelsen, Samba, Givet, Cevilla, Emerton/ Andrews, Ollsen

Gives us a lot more options. 4 who can play centre, 3 who can play left back & 3 who can play right back + youth.

Removing Zurab, Ooijer, Mokoena off the wage bill & bringing just those 2 in, will probably make an overall saving of £15-20k a week on the wage bill + whatever fee it is we can get for him. (Considering Bolton paid £2m for Danny Shittu, id expect at least that amount too)

The above options also free up Reid & Emerton to concentrate on playing in their natural midfield positions (if fit).

People seem to be obsessed with 433. There is a 433 which we PRESUME sam will play:

.........GK.........

RB..CB..CB..LB

........CDM.......

....CM......CM...

RW.............LW

.........CF.........

I think (after a chat with him) that he still wants a PAIR up front. I think he will play THIS 433:

.........GK.........

RB..CB..CB..LB

.......CDM.......

RM.............LM

.......CAM........

.....ST.....ST....

Wait, am I off topic here? Soz if I am.....

I think (after a chat with him) that he still wants a PAIR up front. I think he will play THIS 433:

Are you sure? He himself the formation we finished the season with was a 4-4-1-1. We didn't play anything near the second formation you have written. I certainly can't see us going with a diamond.

Having a single player as the focal point in attack has always been Sam's style, I can't see why he'd start playing with a more traditional striking pair now. It's probably going to be hard to write down our formations next year because Sam's seem to be quite fluid, but I'm positive it will be something near to 4-3-3(wingers)/4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1.

Links with Lovenkrands and Fernandez dismissed in today's LT.

It is said we're tracking a number of targets but with the exception of Givet there are no other signings imminent.

Why is Givet taking so long to conclude btw?

:unsure:

Why is Givet taking so long to conclude btw?

:unsure:

Yeah, this isn't good.

We've been here before, haven't we...

...he's going to sign, yep defo going to sign, he's ours no probs...

...bugger, he's signed for someone, how did that happen?

Archived