BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Is this guy a youngster? If not, how about Eidur Guddjohnssen, available for loan, Ex Bolton player and all that? [although - did Nicko say he was cheap]?

Thats exactly who I think it is Den, he'd be a great signing and he knows Sam's systems/methods.

I'd be very happy with him coming to Rovers, he's being pushed out the door at Barca and he would be reasonably cheap.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

surely there's been too much talk about Gudjohnssen for him to be the mystery man and hasn't he already hinted a few times that he's not interested in us

surely there's been too much talk about Gudjohnssen for him to be the mystery man and hasn't he already hinted a few times that he's not interested in us

Probably jny.

It's just a guess out of the blue - pretty much in keeping with 99% of all the other posts on here!

We where linked in Jan, and his dad came out and said there had been no contact and he was happy at Barca till the end of the season, we have been linked to him since then april/may and as yet no statement like last time.

I guess the question of whether their are media/spies reading the board has been answered: http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Footbal...est/gnid-54706/

I guess i must have some good contacts after all...

We've had a Setanta linked board member on here for quite a while now, no secret!

Looking forward to hearing who this striker is, i have a feeling it is going to be a youngster from a big club looking for first team football!! No idea who though!! But i must say, Nickos idea of a good player has often differed from the views of this board. Last year he was impressed that Ince went for Carlos & refered to him as an 'Interesting prospect'. Admittedly, Carlos had talent but in the end proved to be not good enough for the premier league!!

We have pulled off some fantastic signings in the past for small fees, including Benny, Roque & Bellamy to an extent! I would prefer this player to be a youngster though & hope that we continue to chase young stars. I know we will inevitably loose them but the same can be said for players of all ages as todays football world has no loyalty. At least we can command a big fee when a young player leaves after getting a few good years out of them!!

Guest benmaxwell
Thats not what he said at the awards evening.

He said he doesnt usually comment until something is 100% certain, however with Givet he could confirm that the deal had been done and will be completed, he would be signing a 4 year deal and it would be complete soon.

Contradicted yourself somewhat there, either it's done or it's not...

All i heard was that the deal had not been done yet but it was very close. That's from someone inside the club, granted not JW, but he did say JW had been missquoted but it wasn't quite done yet...

Contradicted yourself somewhat there, either it's done or it's not...

All i heard was that the deal had not been done yet but it was very close. That's from someone inside the club, granted not JW, but he did say JW had been missquoted but it wasn't quite done yet...

Hughesy is quite correct. I was at the awards and JW said those exact words! It doesn't get much closer than the horses mouth.

Anybody for Shunsuke Nakamura? Seems he wants out at Celtic, and could be worth a try at least. Not sure what his form has been like though.

I had a feeling this would be Nicko's mystery man, as I rate him VERY highly (perhaps foolishly so). I would also suggest a young Turk called Nuri Sahin. He's basically Tugay, but left footed and about 21/22.

I had a feeling this would be Nicko's mystery man, as I rate him VERY highly (perhaps foolishly so). I would also suggest a young Turk called Nuri Sahin. He's basically Tugay, but left footed and about 21/22.

Having a Japanese player in our squad, would boost our profile even more. I think Nakata had a big impact as well when he played in the EPL.

Even if we dont sign any of the players linked, its really encouraging to be linked to them. It shows that Sam is intent on turning us into a force once more. Something positive must be happening behind the scenes, in terms of funds to Sam. Im looking forward to the new season, and who will be arriving.

Are these the best out of the Newcastle squad we could possibly get?

Bassong

Beye

Martins

Anybody think the boy is it Andy Carrol?the young striker at Newcastle might be worth a chance?

cheered me up that lol. Care to get your contacts to tell Rovers about Nuri Sahin? (think he's at Borussia Dortmund) A REAL prospect and maybe get Tugay to have a word eh?

I would imagine the chairman has read that already... ;)

Nicko ive just made a comment about Carrol at Newcastle. Any idea if he will stay there, or leave. Seems a decent player when i have seen him.

Also Bassong, Beye and Martins.

Ha ha ha. I just picture the two of you sat in his office smoking huge great Cuban cigars whilst sipping a good cognac and reading the tripe on here.

my thoughts precisely.....although i imagined them sipping a chianti myself (with some liver and fiva beans....*does the lector 'sipping air' thingy*)

Archived