BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If its who I think... then I would say so yes.

He is only still quite young though so will need time to turn into a top, top player. The player im thinking seems to tick all the boxes so far.

Too many Hitchcock style suspense masters on this board!

If its who I think... then I would say so yes.

He is only still quite young though so will need time to turn into a top, top player. The player im thinking seems to tick all the boxes so far.

Which boxes would they be? Coyle wanted him before, he's better than Kuryani (sp?) and....?

To be honest a lot of people tick those boxes.

• Backroom
Funnily enough Owen wanted him at one stage...but got knocked back.

Better give him a bell. :lol:

Only joking.

Time to join in the fun, I'm going to have a guess that it's Carlos Vela, Coyle would be very aware of him after researching Arsenals kids prior to their cup game.

Not too sure of his calibre at present though.

• Backroom

My gut feeling is no chance is hell of us or the dingles getting Vela. Get the feeling he'll play a fairly large part in arsenal's squad next season.

But it'd be an awesome signing if we did get him.

clearly a youngster if burnley inquired, could just about see a van nistelrooy type considering us but never burnley.......would'nt be excited by wellbeck or macheda..........maybe sinclair at chelsea..........liverpool got no good youngsters that i know of...........that only really leaves arsenal as the only team who can afford to loan out decent youngsters.

hopefully not bendtnar, doubtful eduardo if burnley inquired, only really leaves vela who clearly needs more games so 2+2 = carlos vela on loan as we would'nt have to sell roque and may grease the wheels if roque goes the other way.

First big signing - Chris Eagles . Currently warming the bench, for serious money.

Um, he 's their star player! He didn't start at the play off final because of injury.

To be honest he does look better than any of our midfielders. Although we haven't seen him at Premiership level on a regular basis yet.

Run the name past Nicko and see if your right.

He wouldnt spill this one even if I got it.

He ticks many of the boxes - young, type of player coyle would try to sign, other clubs would be interested, would be possible without selling rsc.

wouldn't mind seeing these three in a rovers shirt: darron gibson, fraizer campbell and tomas rosicky. they would provide skill, pace and goals. not sure about rosicky's status injury wise?? all three are out of contract, though.

forgot this one who might be available and with sam's contacts may be able to convince him to close out his days at ewood...raul.

i know it seems ridiculous but he might be completely squeezed out at madrid with their potential new striker signings.

Guest benmaxwell
How?

Im guessing journo's read the board, hense, if the name is spilled, it'll be looked into and published, tipping off other clubs to the player in questions availability...

Guest benmaxwell

Nicko, i have just heard that we are showing an interest in Villarreal creative midfielder Matías Fernández..? Have you heard anything about this?

Nicko, i have just heard that we are showing an interest in Villarreal creative midfielder Matías Fernández..? Have you heard anything about this?

Isn't this the big signing Ince was after that Nicko only disclosed in Jan? I might have remember wrongly though.

It sounds like someone saw that and is repeating it. I'll loved to see him at Ewood though.

Isn't this the big signing Ince was after that Nicko only disclosed in Jan? I might have remember wrongly though.

It sounds like someone saw that and is repeating it. I'll loved to see him at Ewood though.

Correct.

It could have resurfaced but it's more likely an old link - and a player's agent trying to spark a bit of interest.

He has not been the star turn that many thought he would be...plus there was the Carlos Villanueva experience when the chap was just a bit too small and slow for what Sam wants.

Fear not, things are moving on another front...the first 11 o'clocker of the season tonight if I am still awake. It's NOT the striker and please don't ask or PM because I'm going to be a but busy today.

Correct.

It could have resurfaced but it's more likely an old link - and a player's agent trying to spark a bit of interest.

He has not been the star turn that many thought he would be...plus there was the Carlos Villanueva experience when the chap was just a bit too small and slow for what Sam wants.

Fear not, things are moving on another front...the first 11 o'clocker of the season tonight if I am still awake. It's NOT the striker and please don't ask or PM because I'm going to be a but busy today.

You've been talking to too many NZedders :lol:

For what its worth (and its not much), here is a list of domestic based names we could realistically look at.

Man Utd - Macheda - got a feeling this could be our mystery man. The Dingles may well have attempted to bag him on loan last year before his rise to fame

Wellbeck - Wouldn't inspire me tbh.

Manucho - Didn't do anything for Hull to make me think he'd be a success here

Liverpool - Ngog - Again not very inspirational

El Zhar - Probably too small for Sam. And Rafa seems to quite fancy him. Personally i think he's dross.

Chelsea - Sinclair - Good prospect. Could see him filling in out wide rather than up top. Would add some much needed pace.

Arsenal - Jay Simpson - Very mobile frontman. I think with a partner upfront he could be very good.

Carlos Vela - This would really excite. Doubt it would happen as he seems to feature more often nowadays.

Villa - Marlon Harewood - I would hope not. Just another Jason Roberts. One of those confidence players. When he's on his game he is almost unstoppable. But

all too often he is anything but on his game.

Spurs - Bent - Would be my number one choice this summer. Quick, eye for goal and still a presence upfront. If Spurs are interested in either Warnock or RSC

i'd ensure he is part of any deal if possible. Potential pitfall being his many suitors this summer.

Citeh - Sturridge - Very decent prospect. Worries me that for him to be a success he'd need to have a regular partner up front. I think with our

probable formation he would get isolated and consequently not be effective often enough.

Jo- Could only be another loan option. Big and has scored goals for Everton. But i think there are better options.

Felipe Caicedo - Still think this could be likely. Seemed to be very much on the cards in January and wouldn't suprise me if it happens.

Benjani - Doesn't score enough goals. Very much like Harewood. Confidence player. Again think there are better options

West Ham - Dean Ashton - Would be far and away my 1st choice IF he could stay fit. Unfortunately that seems very unlikely. But with clubs like

West Ham in financial trouble there is no reason why we shouldn't look to poach there top playing staff.

Wigan - Amr Zaki - Already denied. But overrated anyhow. Big attitude and it would be nice to see him slide into obscurity.

Bolton - Kevin Davies - I'm sure Sam would have him in a shot. Don't hink the player would come back here after all his negative press about us.

Pompey - Peter Crouch - Would grab some headlines for about a day. Tidy player but for his size he doesn't have enough of an influence. Prices

being touted for him are about £5m too much. Worth considering at a lower price.

John Utaka - Pace to burn but not alot else. Best avoided.

Dave Nugent - Still think he could do a job off the shoulder of a commanding striker. Definately better options available but at the

right price he could be a calculated risk.

Kanu - Wouldn't be at all suprised to see him here next year. I'm not advocating it by any means, but he would add a different

dimension to us. Albeit an aging, slow but unpredictable one.

Sunderland - Djibril Cisse - If Marseille were to drop their fee he would be worth a go. Another one with pace and presence. Bit of an ego

but aside from RSC he's head and shoulders better than enything we've already got.

Newcastle - Michael Owen - Would need a partner otherwise he's simply average. Too many injuries for me. Would look good in a good side. But

i don't think we're his best option or him ours.

Obafemi Martins - If he was at an affordable fee i''d snap him up. Has the pace we need.

Alan Smith - Too injury prone. Not even sure what he'd bring to us. Was a good player once upon a time but those days are long gone

Boro - Tuncay - Good little player. He's the sort i always wish we signed but in reality where would he play. I'm not sure his 'roaming' style would

fit in with where we're going.

In my very humble opinion we should be looking at Bent, Cisse, Martins or a fit Ashton. Outside the PL i think there is a very good possibility Kevin Doyle might join. With Reading failing to come up and Coppell leaving must have made him consider his future. He is a natural goal scorer and i'd love to see him at Rovers.

Also, that lad at Spurs, Gunter, does he play on the left or the right?

wouldn't mind seeing these three in a rovers shirt: darron gibson, fraizer campbell and tomas rosicky. they would provide skill, pace and goals. not sure about rosicky's status injury wise?? all three are out of contract, though.

forgot this one who might be available and with sam's contacts may be able to convince him to close out his days at ewood...raul.

i know it seems ridiculous but he might be completely squeezed out at madrid with their potential new striker signings.

Darron Gibson, Frazier Campbell and... Thomas Rosicky.

Anyone else? Cristiano Ronaldo would be a good idea, I've heard he wants to leave United. Franck Ribery is looking like moving to the Prem, maybe we could bid for him as well.

Archived